Impressions of THS-02

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matrix Soul, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Hey mods, I was wondering maybe we should start a new thread for people's impression on THS-02? If not then please merge with the other thread about it being short ordered.

Well, here is my impression of THS-02, The packaging and detail on this figure is uncanny, which is good.

Now the bad. Man, I have never been afraid of transforming any transformer until now, not even THS-01 have I been this afraid to transform a toy. First of all that silver flap underneath the grill is impossible for me to flip over, I feel like I was breaking it, didn't even look straight. That truck mode was a B*tch to transform into as well, had this toy been a bigger scale, it wouldn't be so bad, but in THS is just torture, with a mediocre result. I made it look as nicely as I could, and I took some pictures for prosperity, because I shall never return to this mode again! :thumbdown 

EVERYTHING ELSE is wonderful, the detail on the trailer is mindblowing, the jet pack, everything, I put Convoy in a cool action pose and I think he's gonna stay that way for a while.

I can't quite pull off that pose on the cover of the instruction manual though... :( 

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love to hear people's opinions of the toy, meself. :D 

That said, this might also be better suited for the Transformers Feedback subforum.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As nice as he is, I'm not getting him - especially after seeing one in person...he's too small and doesn't fit into any of my G1, reissue, Galaxy Force, Cyberton, Armada etc collection.

I must admit though, the details on the little guts is amazing but that's about it. Maybe as a novalty piece, he's worth getting but he's the first Optimus I'm passing over.

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I was all about getting him until I saw the alt mode. The truck mode looks as much like ass as does the RM Version.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This really must be the cultural difference, but the reason I decided to get THS-2 was because of his size. "Small and detailed" is a real turn on :D 

The alt mode looks very bad, though.

I would like to chime in when I get mine :) 

6. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

alas, i won't see mine for over another week :( 

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I managed to squeeze in a last minute order from Digital-toys. Hopefully they have enough to get one to me.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some brief thoughts: he rocks. The head seems just a smidge on the small side from how I'm looking at him right now though. The cab -> truck transform is pretty cool, though the truck mode does look pretty bad. I gave up trying to slot the arm pegs into the grille area. The fender does seem very fragile, but I managed to tf it carefully enough. Don't think I'll try it too often though. Also the elbow joints are kind stiff, so every time I go to bend his arms I end up popping off the wrist/headlight piece instead of bending the elbow. The jetpack is pretty sweet, the nozzles even rotate a bit.

Now the trailer... rules. Shiny, solid, and the spring out ramp!!! I love it. Roller is awesome too, he even has front and rear wheel steering.

And I think that's about all I have to say for now.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, he's really small...looks weird when posed with the other TF series.

Another factor that put me off was the alternate mode which was really fugly. I was holding the box in my hand and was deciding until I saw a loose piece.

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am aware of the size, though I know it's a quite different story when you actually have the figure in your hand. I like my Actic Gear figures even though their flimsy bits annoy me, and they are about 3 inches tall.

As far as I read the reaction among Japanese fans, they are amazed at the size, but in a good way. So I hope I will share their feelings :) 

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    QFT

If it was the size of G1 Prime I would have gotten it in an instant. From the pics I've seen the robot looks nice but it's pathetically tiny and the truck mode is a gigantic cluster f**k.

12. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully in the next few days he'll be gracing my desk right next to Masterpiece Convoy.