impossible toys Quintesson's

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by grandizerGo, Nov 13, 2010.

1. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    I was thinking of picking up the Quintesson set from impossible toys..i cant seem to findany reviews on these.those who have them what are your opinions of them ?paint apps,quality and so on..also anyone have nice pics and comparison shots with henkei or classics figs.thanks

2. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I have the Quintesson Judge and Prosecutor. The quality is decent for a unlicensed product. They have neat light up functions. The paint job is hit or miss. It feels a little sticky actually. Paint doesn't come off but you can definitely feel it.

I have them displayed with 2010 Unicron, Henkei Galvatron and Cyclonus, and they look fantastic with them. I don't know if I would pay the current prices for them though. The Judge is going for some serious change on ebay. I got both of mine through a trade but I wouldn't recommend spending more than $25 on each of them.

Hopefully G1-Junkie can post some pics of them. He's a big Impossibletoys fan and should have some ready to go.

3. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  4. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really like my Judge. Paid $50 for it when it first came out and never felt ripped off for it being a third party figure. No QC issues. I don't think it's the paint feeling sticky so much as it is the type of plastic they used for the faces. Nothing rubs off. I do wish the tentacles were bendable, but they suffice.

I toyed with the idea of picking up others, especially the scientist, and should have jumped on the BBTS sale which I'm now kicking myself for because I didn't. Thinking about picking up the guard because I've always viewed that design as a form of sharkticon, which I'm currently lacking.

5. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

did the other stuff ever come out like the alpha trion, guardian, and kranix?

6. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  7. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Not sure. The design reminds of a competing Quint which was released around the same time though in a limited batch. I can't remember who the competitor was now.

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if that's the same or not. The details on the proto sculpt look better defined to me than on the actual toy. I would have bought a quintesson years ago if the sculpt wasn't so bad. But it's opposite sides of the head so it's hard to be sure.

9. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Check out the base though. It's IDENTICAL. I think it's a hand sculpted clay prototype that eventually became the Quint-01 after several more updates. Otherwise how is the stand identical?

Here is an image of the same side...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  10. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    3rd Party toys have come a long way since these guys were released. I'd love to see another company, say MMC, release an MP scaled Quint!

11. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I see it now. I'm convinced.

But now it's got me wondering if a better paint job could pull more out of those things. Not going to drop $200 to find out though.

I'd love it if MMC or somebody made one.