Impossible-to-transform Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Celaeno, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Celaeno

Celaeno New Member

Well, I feel like something of an idiot for having to post this, but I figure if it helps me figure this out...

I just got a hold of an Animated Starscream. Only problem? I can't transform him fully. Now matter how hard I try, I can't get that last half inch or so of nose cone to actually retract so I can put his pelvis together. This leaves Screamer looking something like a turtle, with his head sticking halfway out.

So what's the deal here-defect, blocked area, user idiocy? I'd really like to display him, but in his current state...it's a little impossible.

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

hmm... You might have to tug and yank on his nosecone to make sure that it's fully extended in his alt mode. That'll help ensure that it retracts properly during automorph. I had a similar problem with mine.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    what Pikatron said

4. Celaeno

Celaeno New Member

Tried it-still can't make the thing budge. I did, however, succeed in popping his head off..at least that fit back in.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I first got mine I had the opposite problem. The nosecone wouldn't come out in alt mode. Turns out the problem was that I had the shoulders rotated incorrectly. Maybe you have that problem in the opposite direction?

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

this happened to me. the reason i was so disapointed with him. usually i buy my toys, display, then constantly take them down to play. starscream just stayed there since the day i got him.

7. Celaeno

Celaeno New Member

Shoulders trick worked! Thank you!

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah...its a great figure, and very easy to transform once u get it right..make sure u do and u'll love him

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh. My problem was always getting him to fit together properly in his altmode - the legs need to be positioned just so otherwise they don't line up right. Not only do you get gaps between the legs and the back, but it also pulls the back down, making a gap between the back and the cockpit.
    Took some fiddling, but now I know instinctively how I need to pose the legs before I even start folding him up. :p 

10. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

ive never had a problem with him
    no missing head or anything
    hes one of my faves

11. Rev_Pee_Kitty

Rev_Pee_Kitty Order Malkavian-Dobbsian

Quick question:

I'm sick of the little fins that make up the top-center of his alt-mode popping off. Y'know, the ones that you're supposed to split and fold back for no reason in his robot mode? (I'm sure anyone with the toy doesn't need to hear more than "the pieces that pop off" to know what I mean.)

Is there any reason not to just snap them together for the alt mode and then superglue them in place? It doesn't seem like there's any purpose to separating them and folding them back in robot mode -- it doesn't add anything, appearance-wise, and doesn't clear the way for any articulation that I can see. But I figured I'd ask in case I'm overlooking something important.

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No reason at all. I like the little fins myself, but you can quite happily leave them closed as if in jet mode and it doesn't take anything away from the robot.
    Frankly, I don't see why you'd ned to superglue them in place, though. The only times I've had them pop off was when I was actually opening the fins up; they've never fallen off while he was in jet mode.

13. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

The automorph tech never seemed to work on mine from day one..The nosecone would never extend during transformation back to alt mode. Then it started failing altogether...but that's okay because I never liked him much anyways. So after 3 months of being displayed, I packaged him back up and exchanged him at Walmart. hahahaha. Those suckers!

I'm much happier with Classics 2.0 Ironhide and Sideswipe.

14. darthgordy

darthgordy Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a Starscream thing - I just got a 1/3 size commemorative G1 Starscream (Kingtoys, possibly a rip off) and it's a nightmare! Bits to take off, bits to put on, adding stickers with tweezers, no wonder there's few intact ones for sale on ebay!

Gimme a new simple push button activator transform any day!

g