Non-TF: Important Reminder; Please Read:

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Greetings, fellow Radicons!

Recently, many of you who venture outside of Radicons have noticed several of the same message remind us of the TFW2005.com forum rules. There have been a number of issues come up where people are stating "I didn't know that was against the rules" or something similar to that extent, even to the point of being argumentative against the Staff and the policies/methods.

Just so everyone knows, any such excuse doesn't work with us; persons still have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Carefully weigh the following before you post:

TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards

In addition to the TFW2005.com board rules, we also have a set standard that everyone who chooses to post here must abide by. These are our Radicons FAQ (which outlines most of anything you'd every want to know about Radicons and then some) and especially our Radicons Guidelines and Etiquette (a standard that Radicons are held to for specific artistic reasons, since the Radicons mini-site operates just a bit differently than [though in conjunction with] the TFW2005.com board) Each of those can be found here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-general-discussion/201930-frequently-asked-questions.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-general-discussion/201932-radicons-guidelines-etiquette.html

Also, just so you know, when you're in Radicons, you should see this toolbar, and all you have to do is click "Radicons Info" to see the following:

[​IMG]

Things such as the image attachments, why we require them, how to do them, and so forth are found above. READ FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER. The Radicons Staff love helping people, but help yourself first. Know that every time a Radicons Staffer has to continually reiterate the widely available procedures, it takes time away from other things we could be doing for this site or for ourselves (we like to make artwork and look at artwork too, ya know!)

It takes each Radicon not only adhering to everything presented here, but modeling it well for others. We do value quality of artwork here highly, but we value quality of persons here higher. We highlight artists each month who shine in both of these areas.

Also, artists (customs and fan art alike), perhaps not a newsflash, but just a reminder: we're not simply a forum anymore! We haven't been for some time now! We have a board quick jump from the index at TFW2005.com, but know that Radicons is its own place simply operating from the same server. Each thread enables one to tag it to a particular area.

Also, take advantage of our blogs and our Radicons Discussion forum (read: NOT "section"; forum). Fan Artists especially, we have project forums for the artwork the author of the post shares. Any other discussion goes in the Radicons Discussion, even if it's artwork from another friend you're wanting to share. We also have a place now for commissioning and requests. USE THESE FORUMS. They're here for you!

NOTE: If you have a problem with someone and/or their post, DO NOT RETALIATE. You have some options that are better. First, use the "report bad post" feature located in the user's plane in their post. It's a triangle icon with an "!" in it. Click it, and simply follow the instructions. If you're continually having issues with a certain person, you can always use "ignore" feature. This disables your viewing of that person's posts. Consider: if you retaliate with someone, you now become just as guilty as that person you decide to rumble with. Now you've just created more work for the staff who already volunteers their time and effort for this place. BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS. :) 

Feel free to contact any member of the Radicons Staff regarding these issues or any others. We want Radicons to be the best of places for Transformers and the artwork they continue to inspire!

Show us you passed 4th grade and demonstrate some reading skills. Doing the same for posting where we can see you can write on the same level would be a plus as well. Enjoy your time here, where everyone knows the party is.

Thanks, gang!

Utmost Love,
    The Radicons Staff
    (in conjunction with the TFW2005 Administration)

P.S. Don't let ol' supersquads catch ya. :lol 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. newguy

newguy i

Will do.

3. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

When i joined up I looked around for the image posting rules but couldn't find them. I eventually got it from a link in another post.

It may well be due to the fact that i'm ******ed :) , but I think a sticky thread like this is a lot easier to find, its the first thing I saw when I logged on. Most other forums I visit (non tf) have the rules as a sticky at the top of each forum.

Hakka.

4. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    i swear by the name of Primus i will not break any of these rules.

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The main reason we've not had something like this stickied is that it clutters up the sticky area. We like to feature other things in the sticky that are a bit more exciting :)  This being said, we've continually observed that, despite the link in the toolbar being there, there are a few who obviously haven't check it out.

6. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

Maybe even rename the link from 'radicons info' to 'rules/guidelines' might help.

Hakka.

7. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

hooray for short attention spans and flaring temperaments! :lol 

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

A sticky will probably work best.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    except it is more than just rules/guidelines linked under that. It has the rules/guidelines, FAQ, and separate submissions guidelines for the customs and the art galleries.

10. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS I identify as an amalgamated Firetruck/Semi Veteran

News Credits:
    we should just make each offender send us a copy of the rule they broke written by themselves 1000 times. because thats how it worked in grade school :p 

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :lol 

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Don't worry, Supersquads will never catch me. ;) 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hey gang! I'd like to discuss something that the Radicons Staff has noticed that is detrimental to the growth of our home:

7. No Website Advertising
    Any posts or threads to promote a website or store, Transformers related or not, will be removed. You may place a link in your signature. The more you contribute to threads, the more exposure your site will get.

There is absolutely zero need to provide an additional link when you post a project thread. We have every resource available that is more than sufficient for artists to properly share their work. If you're linking to a personal website with "additional photos" or to another board (such as deviantART), you are hampering the growth of our home. There are good reasons that this rule quoted exists, and it's to nurture the growth of our home.

You may use your signature for links and such, as that is well within the limits of TFW2005.com rules and Radicons. The Radicons Staff are busy doing what we can to promote Radicons and the work we put into this place. We have no need whatsoever to promote another website since we have everything and more here already. Our goals and objectives are such that we aim to unify the wealth of the Transformers Fan Art Community (illustrators, kitbashers, etc.) as one. Any deviation hampers this.

On a similar note, we are often asked, "what does it take to be a Radicon?". The answer is pretty simple: be a Radicon :)  If someone has properly posted one thread in Radicons, you are by default a "Radicon". A "good" Radicon is one who is very active in this community, one who posts things properly (attaching images, etc.), and one who follows the rules of TFW2005.com and the Radicons Guidelines and Etiquette. If you need examples to follow, look no further than our "Featured Radicon of the Month" articles. These persons are selected based on the quality of their artwork, their level of contribution to the Transformers art community, and how well they do so. The most respected Transformers artists are featured every month for all of these reasons. A "good" Radicon is one who does all of these things, and does them consistently.

On a similar note, Radicons and the Radicons Staff does nothing to fuel the overinflated egos of some selfish artists. Our aim is fun and contributing artwork. We will be the first to support artists with their ventures to be compensated and to be done so well, but Radicons doesn't exist for the financial promotion of any artist. The things we do are done because we want to do then and because we are devoted the Transformers art community. Any contest is done with the understanding that it's all in good fun, as we aim to crown no one. Our FRotM articles are simply for your reading pleasure, to share with you insight you'd otherwise may never have into the persons who make up Radicons, and to further educate you about who and what has made up the history of this community as well as why those have done so.

Thanks a lot and keep on truckin' :thumb 

14. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

IF_IR_IE_IE_ID USAF Seeker

Ebay:
    copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste

BWA HAHAHA !

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    see, we already thought of that, that's why it has to be a video file of you hand-writing your offenses. :p 

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    We didn't really say how we wanted you to write it 1000 times. Trust me, we'd come up with some punishment. :ev:  Like REDLINE said, we think these things through :D 

17. eisen

and i thought the main pic was eyecatching before....

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Evidently not, since we've still had people not posting correctly, hence the change. Hopefully, that Cliffjumper .gif I made will do the trick. We'll see :) 

19. eisen

i'm caught like a deer in the headlights. :lol 

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.