IMPORTANT - Junkion Regulars - What do you want?

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 1, 2006.

?

What do you want?

1. Keep Both the Classic and New Junkion System

18.2%
  2. Get rid of NEW Junkion System, But Apply Feedback Option to "Classic" System

47.3%
  3. Get rid of NEW Junkion System, just use old

34.5%
  1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    OK, Ive given the new Junkion system a bit of time to sink in.

I recognize that it isn't for everyone, and my personal "wow this is cool" feeling about it wasn't shared by everyone.

Now that it has been here, and everyone either uses, or doesn't use it, time for a vote.

Should we remove the NEW Junkion Exchange styled system, and replace it completely with the old style.

After that's been said, I have some other questions for you.

Would you want a feedback score system, that works in conjunction with the OLD system. AKA, you guys post a thread to buy/sell/trade something, people respond in the thread and/or PM you to work out the details, and once done, you guys could leave feedback for each other, showing up in a seperate page on the site for each user.

Second, would you want a dedicated forum where your ebay auctions could be streamed into it, each item a new thread, in real time. Only 2005 members who have been around for a while would be allowed to do this. This would allow you to get your auctions automatically pushed, and allow members to browse auctions of other members and know they are part of this community.

I will probably be doing the last part regardless in a test run at some point, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Lastly, post any other ideas you have about how to make the BST community here better, if I can implement them, I will.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I absolutely HATE the new system, mostly because there is no way to leave comments or see any activity on it. sure, it LOOKS cool, but what good is that when the functionality is gone?

I really have no opinion on the feedback system or the Ebay stuff.

3. Deszaras

Deszaras In the next episode...

I really hate the new junkion system too.. never understood why closed offers stay at the top and bury the ones that are still open..

Even if this were fixed, I would continue using the old one...

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm an old head and prefer the old system, but members are using the new system. So I say keep them both.

5. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I dont' know how to get to the old one and the new one is alright. I mean it's better then not having one at all.

6. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get rid of the new and keep the old.

7. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    I like the new one, but closed topics should be deleted fast. The old one is absolutely necessary, since it means people can easily see where they can order a bunch of stuff and save on shipping.

8. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

I want to like the new system. I think it could work well but it is crippled as it is now. I don't think there should be an option of time limits, if all it does is change the status of your ad to "closed". The ad doesn't go anywhere, so it's not like it keeps the ad system clean and free of dead ads.

I like the option of having my Paypal address associated with my ad, however I don't like that ANYONE can see my Paypal account ID. Not only is this not safe, but SPAM bots will find the e-mail address and then I will get WAY more spam than I currently receive.

It's also confusing having the ability to tag your ad as "want to buy" but can post it in the "items for sale or trade" list, and vice versa.

I would also like to see the edit box get bigger. It's very cramped and I have a hard time keeping track of my info in that tiny little box. This problem applies to all of TFW, but it's especially bad when trying to post multi-item listings and editing them in the future.

Also, the feedback system doesn't work at all. If I set up a multi-item ad on the new system, feedback will not work. In fact, I can't get feedback to work in any fashion.

I don't think it serves us very well to keep both the old and the new system. It would seem the majority of those that sell on these boards prefer the old system, so I say we use the old system. Maybe you could incorporate some of the features of the new system into the old. Or just fix the feedback.

It's a hard choice, I feel bad if all your hard work on the new system is for naught.

BTW, check out the BST forums on www.cheapassgamer.com. There is a feedback system implemented there that I think would be ideal for us.

9. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Oxidative,

That is exactly what I would install if we use the forum based BST with the feedback/ratings applied to it. iTrader is an add on for Vbulletin.

10. Fortress Prime

Fortress Prime Guardian Robot

Ebay:
    I tried listing an auction but I couldn't tell who bid
    or who to sell it to
    I thought it was going to be like ebay

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Sorry Tony but I don't like the new system, I find it much easier to browse in the old form of Junkion Exchange. To add I think maybe it's easier because of the way people organize their sale threads in the old version.

12. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    I really liked the new system in theory, but in practice, it just seems a bit harder to browse than the standard forum system. And buying and selling lots and multiple items just seem difficult.

The ideas for a feedback system related to the classic system and 'real time' ebay thread are very exciting though. look forward to it.

13. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I like it in theory but the numbers seem to speak for themselves. I often see people viewing the classic forum but the others seem dormant.

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It seems to me like most things get double listed in the new and old sections. That, and want adds are posted in the sale area which kills the functionality. You see "overlord" for example and get all excited only to realize it's someone out to buy one, not sell one.

Ok, I don't know that that's something you can really fix, but whatever.

What I think would really improve the Exchange is to have a built-in link to a universal feedback thread. This thread would be their current thread in the classic style but maybe have an auto-post thing for a positive feedback from the new style. Also, it should be easily accesible, say as part of the drop-down menu when you click on their name, or at least from their profile. It's really frustrating trying to leave feedback in the classic style sometimes.

15. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

Just like Coke... the new one sucks so bring on the classic.

16. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I agree with most of the other people. The old system wasn't broken. It worked well. I would like to have the feedback thing given to the old system, but then the mods have the problem with us old traders who have long feedback thread already and converting that into the new point system.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    If it worked like it is supposed to, you'd be able to just click the number under your name that shows your junkion rating. you can click on it now in fact though you of course have zero feedbacks *L* I LOVE the idea of the feedback rating follwing your name everywhere you go, that is like a scarlett letter on someone who's a naughty seller or buyer, and makes it super easy to see if its someone you want to deal with or not. Its just a cryin' shame that it doesn't work. Its also annoying that want ads so frequently appear in the sell area as well as closed "auctions" stay listed, and frequently near the top. I don't like how you can't see activity in your sell or buy thread, or anyone else's. the nice thing about the classic way is you can see if someone has already made an offer for the fig listed that you wanted or not... I know the new way has a comment feature, but that doesn't work either. I think if all the bugs were worked out of the new system that a LOT more people would find they really love it more than the old one.

18. zap dragon

zap dragon Well-Known Member

if there was a way for the closed auctrions to just drop off after a day or 2 and a fb system
    but the old je and fb fourm work too

me and tom and hector and megamus have about the highest fb replies , but i know we have each delt with more people than the ones who have left us fb, and just like ebay u cant force people to leave fb

in all i still prefer the old je
    just follow the trading tips, and all work out
    communication always works

19. Trans4mers

Trans4mers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked using the old JE. I tried using the new one but it just wasnt as smooth as I hoped it was to use. The old honour system feedback with the old JE was good and easy to look up to see how the buyer/seller were in the past.

20. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

I bought from the new one but was unable to leave any feedback.. so i left it in the old feedback section