IMAX version of ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Scythe, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Hey guys, wondering if this is worth watching. Is it not that much longer? What scenes are shown that the normal version doesn't have?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    It isn't longer, and if it is the difference is negligible.

Still worth seeing though.

3. Arrderite

Arrderite New Member

Grindor/Blackout ext scene

I have seen both the IMAX version and the theatre version, besides the obvious that you need to xperience it in IMAX I did notice in the forest scene Grindor/Blackout grabs optimus and chews his chest up with his propeller arm. I did not see this scene in the regular theatre. (I have seen it twice at Imax to confirm this.)

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Oh, I see. Thanks. I wonder if this little extra bonus scene will pop up in the dvd edition.

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Hope it does...

6. JB1323

JB1323 Member

It was maybe a minute longer in IMAX, the Grindor scene was the only one I noticed as well on IMAX. Seeing it on IMAX vs. a regular screen was a big difference, the detail on the bots is incredible, definitely worth the price of admission.

7. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw it for my second time in the theatre. first was a regular screen and I was dissapointed in all. This time it was AMAZING, IMAX is worth every penny it was such a relief walking out of there this time. I sat in the middle cause all seats were taken and it was still easy to make everything out! It was much easier to tell what was going on in the fight scenes, IMAX saved this movie for me!

8. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

Scenes I noticed that used the entire IMAX screen were the forest battle and Devastator transforming. I didn't notice anything else different.

But yeah, IMAX is the way to go for this movie. It's only there for a few weeks, so better hurry.

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't notice any difference between the two versions, but the imax version is incredible. It's truly a sight to behold and definitely worth your time and money.

10. skidz180

skidz180 Observer

Have to disagree. Saw it in IMAX for the first time and couldnt make anything of it. Too much noise, chaos and bayem for my senses. Still a had great time though. However when I saw it in a regular theather for the second time, I found everything a lot clearer. So I am asking myself, is this because it was my second viewing...or does IMAX/regular screen have something to do with it, or maybe neither...
    dunno :s

11. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

My second viewing was in IMAX, and I found the action to be much harder to follow than a regular theatre; the screen is just too big, and I was 3 rows from the back.

12. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The strange thing is I usually find IMAX hard to follow and this time I was in the middle usually I am in the last row, and I thought the action was very easy to follow perhaps seating has something to do with it but I cannot begin to explain how it would be possible for me to see better closer to the screen you would think that would make it more difficult to make things out.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i havent saw the iamx version but i would like to do but im not sure

14. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

I watched it a 3rd time last nite, in a regular theatre, and I saw a lot more and everything clearer, than I did on IMAX.
    If we had sat on the last row, it wouldve made things clearer I guess...
    There was a minor difference in like, a scene or two... SUPER minor, if any...

15. JDF

JDF Well-Known Member

Prime shedding the Jetfire parts was 70mm IMO.

16. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

I think in Imax you see bonecrusher in robot mode aswell, and audi ramming arcee to a wall. a few little scenes here and there. fun tho!

17. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    IMAX is the only to get the full experience. Just saw it this morning. It is worth it.

18. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Every shot that includes devastator is in full IMAX. A few seconds of new footage during the forest scene.

I sat towards the middle, but closer to the screen and a bit to the right, and I found it a bit hard to follow the action. I'm seeing it this evening again in IMAX and I hope I can get a seat closer to the top to see if that helps. IMAX is definitely the way to go though. The bass is extraordinary and adds to the action.

19. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Truth to be told, I didn't notice anything different. The Imax version I actually found to be less crazy though, if that's even possible. I was able to make things out moreso than when I saw it in the regular theatre.

20. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I just saw it regular version, and it was boring compared to seeing it Imax. Huge difference.