IMAX footage.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megaxz01, Oct 20, 2009.

1. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    Okay got both the DVD and Bluray from Walmart with the IMAX footage, and was curious.

I do notice the different scenes with the additional fighting in the forest, but can someone give a clear description of what is new?

I also didn't notice anything new during the Devastator scenes, which is said to have also gotten a bit of an addition... Can someone say what parts of those scenes were extended?

Thanks.

2. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    Forest Fight Footage

After Prime duels Megatron solo, Megatron calls the Cons, and Grindor arrives.

A slightly longer shot of Grindor whipping out his copter-blades.

Prime starts twirling Starscream, and instead of a shot of Sam running, Prime just goes ahead and kicks Starscream's jaw.

Starscream is seen on the ground writhing in pain from the kick.

Megatron tells Prime about the Energon on Earth.

Prime is seen aiming for Megatron, only to miss, and be clawed by Starscream. Grindor gets Prime into a lock with his arms from behind. Prime eventually wiggles out, and stabs Grindor with a blade. Starscream comes back, and for a moment they spar, neither hitting each other.

Then Megatron grabs Prime, throws him, and kicks his grill.

Soon, Prime starts unleashing his can of whoop-ass on the three, and after using Starscream as a shield against Grindor, comes back for Starscream, and punts him away.

Prime defeats Megatron and Starscream, and destroys Grindor's face. Then its a longer shot of Grindor's body crumbling, with Prime standing up to full height on top of him, jumping off, and pushing Grindor down.

Prime soon crumbles after Megatron impales him, and its a longer shot of Prime's body on the ground before it cuts to The Fallen.

Thats it for the forest fight.

3. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    there is a small scene where you clearly see Overload (articulated dumptruck red in color) and another Constructicon driving which was not in the regular movie. Also there was a couple Devastator scenes where they rendered him in the IMAX sized screen so he takes up more room, such as the scene where it is a wide shot of him sucking up a vehicle and it blows up part of his back. That scene is in both versions but it is much bigger in the imax version.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the forest shit is awesome for someone who had never seen it.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Wait, so you have both versions to compare, and you're asking for the differences? Can't you just look at the movies and see for yourself?

6. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    just finished it. theres a lot more extended than the forest fight, im too lazy to list them though.

7. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he bought the "Big Screen Edition" of both the Blu-Ray and DVD, the film he got is exactly the same.

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:

So we see more of GRINDOR!?:drool:  But is this blu-ray you speak of or DVD? I just purchased an BIg/wide screen, 2-disc, special edition DVD from Walmart.

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    "there is a small scene where you clearly see Overload (articulated dumptruck red in color) and another Constructicon driving which was not in the regular movie"

is this on the blu-ray or DVD. I purchased the 2disc, big screen special edi. from Walmart.

10. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    It's definitely on the version you purchased.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    WIN!!!

12. megaxz01

News Credits:
    Okay, two things.

First off, I did indeed buy the 2 disc on both Bluray and DVD to get the IMAX footage.

Second off, Overload was always in the film... I know because my friend has a bootleg of the movie (which he now has the actual DVD,) and I noticed it when he brought it over to show me. So he was always in, which I never noticed in the theatre, but did a week later when he had the bootleg.

13. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    the scene of him driving was not in the regular movie it was just in IMAX, I saw it plenty of times in the theater to know it.

14. megaxz01

News Credits:
    Well my friend's bootleg wasn't from the IMAX, I can say that much, because it didn't have the additional forest scene footage.

Infact I can have him bring over the bootleg and I can show you pics.

I remember seeing Overload for the first time, not noticing him in theatres, upon watching the bootleg.

Better yet, maybe I should go rent the regular version from the Redbox, and take a pic. Maybe I'll do that, but I assure you, he is in the regular version, because my friend didn't grab a bootleg, because then you wouldn't be able to see the whole film with how big it is.

15. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

i just got the walmart one in the states (not available in Canada i guise) and the blu-ray was only $17.99. is the second disc the same as the normal bd version? and do any have the digital copy?

16. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, the coolest part is when he picks up Optimus and grinds the shit out of him with his forearm rotors.

17. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Your trusting a bootleg version that is taped in other coutries most of the time. And has people talking, silohuettes, not the whole screen proportion, and different title languages?

Well I need to see pics. :D 

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    WHAT!!!! wow!!

Now is this on the walmart 2 disc big screen special edition or one blu-ray!!???
    I purhased the 2disc DVD one...

19. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

That forest fight scene was awesome in blu ray. The imax definitely improved it. The res change was pretty cool.

20. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    It is on both. As far as I know, the blue-ray and walmart 2-disk are the same as far as extra footage.