Imax added Scenes *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by beatrush, Sep 20, 2007.

1. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    SPOILERS

If something like this has already been posted, my apologies and close this thread.

I just got back from an advanced screening of the Imax Transformers.

We still do not know the fate of Barricade
    We do not see any new footage of any battles

First additional Scene is Sam picking up his friend who climbed the tree in the park. He makes fun of sam's car about being yellow.

Second additional scene is at the police station when sam gets arrested and they make him watch a video about what drugs do to your brain. The video is amusing but nothing great

Third additional scene has the agent from Section 7 makes Sam take a test to see if he is lying inside the van by making him look into a device to see his pupils dialate.

Fourth additional scene is where the sector 7 agent tells the group about a room where he likes to meditate in (the part before they see the all spark cube)

Fifth additional scene is where one of the army guys goes into a pawn shop and tries to pawn his watch to get the shortwave radios

There may have been something new in the credits but I didnt think about checking until I left.

So yeah.

Oh and I won a prize pack also

[​IMG]

Dufflebag, stickers, soundtrack, 08 bumblebee, 2x bee-otch car air freshners, comics and how to draw transformers book and some cups and a Optimus keychain (I gave it to a kid sitting next to me)

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um...I thought they said there would be extra robot stuff?

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Well, I can see why these scenes were cut from the regular theatrical release - they would have seriously slowed down the pace of the movie.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    no extra robot stuff :( 

kinda glad they didnt show barricade getting off'd tho. leaves a chance for him to reappear in the sequel. i love 'cade.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Yeah, the guy who runs Seibertron just saw it with one of his buddies as well, and both of them confirm that there indeed is NO additional bot footage, contrary to what Mr. Spacebridge has been saying recently.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. As I (and others) already pointed out earlier, Bay has been extremely tight lipped about what this glorious additional 2 minutes actually contains - something he would not be if it included any extra scenes at all of CGI bots. If it did, he would have made damn sure everyone and their dog knew about it.

And from the sounds of it, these extra scenes don't add or take away anything from the movie at all, so I could really care less that they're not in the DVD version.

6. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

Spacebridge said there would be. Guess he's not all powerful after all lol

7. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a total disappointment! We'll its DVD for me I'll be skipping this IMAX TF thing. I won't spend that much money on something I have already watched with little extra scenes to offer. Its true the saying... "There's a sucker for everything." Had they made Megatron's voice used Welker for this IMAX release then that's another thing...maybe in another DVD version? Milk it till becomes powdery.

8. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

When I saw your screen name I thought of Welker (cuz of Dr Viper), even before I read what you wrote.. Hahaha.

I'd like to see it in IMAX size (I even held back seeing the film two more times.. saving the money for the IMAX release, just in case it happened to show in my city) I really can't afford the trip to the west side if DC or King of Prussia, what with my car and schedule. If it were showing in Baltimore, you could totally count me in, just because I would like to see it at that size. But... I'm just waiting for the DVD now.

Thanks for keeping us informed beatrush!

9. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

Whats the point of splashing "Extra Footage" on the Imax posters if its only shabby clips of things nobody cares about? no wonder Bay said it wouldnt be on the DVD, even he thinks its not worth it!!!!!

10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I suspected there wouldn't be any extra bot footage, unlike some people in the "deleted scenes" thread who reckoned they would finish up some previously discarded animation.

Now I just await the possibilty of a future "extended" DVD, to see if that features any extra bot footage. I remain unconvinced.

11. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well I can only go on what I was told/shown

I've seen fully rendered shots of bots that aren't in the film, now if they aren't in the IMAX either, who knows what they are from

Apologies if I set false hope over the IMAX version, I will go shoot my informer

Cheers

Hitch

12. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't believe people actually thought there was going to be 2 whole minutes of CGI/robot scenes. And surprised to find out there IS NO MORE FOOTAGE.
    There is probably tons of unused, unfinished & unpaid footage, but if Bay didn't want it, approve it or pay for it, we will never see it until some Lucasfim employee puts it on his or her weblog.

It's too expensive to waste or wait for Imax.

13. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That footage sounds boring. Oh, well. The movie should still look great up on that giant screen!

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow what a whole lot of woopty doo shit. I havent seen any of the posters, they are actually advertising the extra footage? That is bad.

15. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    damn I want a prize pack. lol. anyway.. well I'll be getting the DVD.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I didn't really like the robots anway.
    Who wants to see them?

17. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Wow, looks like going to IMAX for this is a complete waste of time and money.

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Holy

fucking

lame

Considering this stuff and the other deleted scenes we know of - plus all the stuff that MADE it that was pointless - I can't believe that much useless shit was actually filmed.

19. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I pretty much figured this would be the case. Even when they were talking about extra footage at Botcon, they never mentioned more robots just more of Maggie's storyline.

And that cop scene was the worst part of the film. Totally not needed, at least not in the form that we got it, went on too long, and is easily discarded.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Absolutely. Was it funny? Ok, sure, but what the fuck did it have to do with ANYTHING? That whole "Sam is arrested" thing could have been removed.