Imagine if there was never any mass/size shifting

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    And that all the original Transformers stayed the same size as their real life alternate mode counter-part.

Megatron and Soundwave wouldn't grow and would be effectively "Real Gear" type characters. Starscream and the jets would be the largest characters in robot mode, while Warpath would be a giant Autobot (because tanks are bigger than cars) despite his toy being a Mini-Bot.

The only time this would be screwed up is when a character is a triple changers where the two vehicle modes drastically differ in size. Or a gestalt like Bruticus or Defensor where tiny Swindle and Groove form the legs of their gestalts.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Personally I would love that. If a "G1 redux"-type TF show is ever attempted, this is how I would prefer it were handled. I'm not a fan of mass-shifting, it's too magical. I also like the idea of Transformers being many different sizes, from the very tiny to the very large.

One of my favorite things about Animated was the fact that most of the Decepticons were noticeably, significantly larger than the Autobots. I loved that Starscream was, like, five times the height of Bumblebee. That's what a fighter-jet robot WOULD look like in comparison to a compact-car robot, and it makes the Decepticons all the more scary and formidable.

Like you said, there would be some jarring changes to the character lineup... teensy Soundwave, teensy Perceptor, giant Powerglide, absolutely MASSIVE Astrotrain and Blast-Off, etc. As you also said, triplechangers and combiners would have to be re-thought and re-jiggered. But I think it would be great, and a nice way to shake things up from tradition a bit.

3. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

The thought of Megs and Soundwave staying little tiny in robot mode is absolutely hilarious to me. Especially if you imagine all the original G1 dialogue, but with really high pitched voices. And I would love to see that. Seriously, someone should make that happen.

Course, that is one thing I can say for Bayformers, at least they proved that small sized robots can still be formidable and a force to be reckoned with.

4. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Gimp combiners would be awesome!
    Bruticus can jump around on his Brawl-leg with the useless swindle-leg just dangling on the other side.
    His huge Blast off-arm could perhaps be used for movment though so he can crawl into battle.

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Member

If that were the case, than could you really imagine a little midget Megatron running around acting menacing and ordering a gigantic Starscream around. It would be like Danny DaVito in twins telling Schawzenegger "you've failed me yet again".
    And Prime and Megs wouldn't have the same interaction B/C Prime would be enormous and would just step on Megs.

6. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

wow, and broadside would be ginormous.

7. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

just think how large unicron would be!

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, how would that work, given the different size of an aircraft carrier and a jet fighter?

Also, the decepticon cassettes would be just darling.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Wasn't the original concept for the Micro Change toys that they were supposed to be 1/1 scale robots that turned into random things that might be around the house (a toy car, a micro-cassette recorder, a replica pellet gun, etc.)?

10. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    WOW! He'd be like...the size of a planet!!!! :p 

11. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

And perceptor! And Devastator! And, wel, Blitzwing!

And Broadside would make no sense at all.

Oh geez, would about citybots?

MTL

12. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Starscream: "I am the new leader of the Decepticons!" *squishes gun-sized Megatron underfoot*

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Megatron might actually have to USE that black hole link ability in order to maintain control of the Decepticons. Might be kinda cool in that aspect.

14. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    It'd be funnier if tiny Megs still could throw Starscream around.

15. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    The Insecticons would be really screwed. They'd be stepped on by all the other Decepticons.

Also, in terms of combiners, you'd get some very lop-sided combined forms, and also some pathetically small ones (e.g. Menasor).