Imaginarium Art Legacy of Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DevastatorPredaking, Dec 8, 2017.

1. DevastatorPredaking

DevastatorPredaking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Facebook.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Very interesting.

3. DevastatorPredaking

News Credits:
    Now we know, it's a 12 inch line

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good.

Should be at a price point more people can enjoy and maybe allows a few more risks with character choices.

5. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Is there really such a huge market for expensive statues of G1 Optimus Prime? It seems like there's a new one announced every week.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it odd with Transformers. There are all these different licensed high end collectibles with fantastic details at one end, and the regular Hasbro figures, which lack paint etc. due to the cost of the extra parts and engineering to allow for transformation, but nothing in between. I suppose for G1 there are the Masterpieces, but they’re not especially affordable, and some are less appealing than others, and the movie masterpieces can only achieve so much as far as accuracy goes.

I know fans like the figures to transform for obvious reasons, but for collectors who tend to just display the robot modes, I do wonder if there’s a market for a line like Star Wars Black or Marvel Legends with screen/media accurate non-transforming robots. Possibly not, but as someone who’d like to collect faithful representation of the robot designs, I’d like the choice of something other than huge statues that cost from a couple of hundred to over a thousand, or the cheaper figures that leave a lot to be desired in sculpt and deco.

Oh well lol

7. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because most people here don't buy statues (and have a weird hatred toward them) doesn't mean that people don't buy these. There are people that are strictly statue collectors that wouldn't even come to this site. I don't think these are even really made for the type of fan demographic on this forum. The other thing is that there doesn't need to be a 'huge' market. That's not how statue collecting works. The large version of this OP I believe is just 500 pieces. That kind of low ES (edition size) can actually be attractive to collectors to have a fairly rare piece. The collectors that I've seen that buy these don't generally even buy Masterpiece tf's, let alone retail stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    boy, those are some tiny tires. wouldn't be a very functional truck, would it?

9. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Like, I get that there are statue collectors, it's just surprising to me how many G1 Optimus Primes specifically there are. Like, every now and then there'll be a Megatron or Starscream but the vast majority are of Optimus with little variation in the actual look of the statue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spark Extractor

News Credits:
    I think there is only one (and now this 1/2 size version) G1 Optimus. The rest of them are different movie OP's and a hybrid/reimagined G1 Prime. It doesn't seem any different to me than retail stuff. Look how many OP's and variant OP's there are compared to Megatron and Starscream. Heck, TFPrime had about a dozen OP's between hasbro/takara including variants and Megatron had 5-ish and only a couple starscreams. Besides, how many of us own nearly endless amounts of OP's for each new toyline hasbro puts out. I think also it's because the TF statues are just getting started and statues run on a longer time frame than retail stuff. We are already seeing jazz/bee/ironhide/skywarp/soundwave starting to be revealed at shows and such. It's all too rich for my blood and I'm happy with MP, but glad to see these get made. This small one might interest me, but I think it will still be $500-$600.

11. DevastatorPredaking

News Credits:
    I.A. just did an OP because he would sell, not like they just plan him. The big scale already has Satarscream Skywarp, Thundercracker in works, Glock dio, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, Galvatron, Ir. Hide. jazz, Megatron, Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, Nem. Prime.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  12. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, this one is supposed to be not expensive, which is the point of this line but....

You're right. There are heaps of Prime statues. The company Prime 1, aptly named, is owned buy a guy who loves Optimus Prime and Batman. Needless to say, it's his company, he can do what he wants with it... and with it he is pumping out heaps of both. Basically any version of Prime, every movie design, has been made, they've done Primal, they've done their re-imagined version of prime with another re-imagining on the way. It's too much.

However here's the thing. With statue companies, they produce a line which people collect. You can't really have a line without Prime. So every new company, with a new line is going to make a Prime.

That said, I would say this is an issue with all Transformers licensed merchandise.

In this instance though, IA have basically said every statue they make, they will re-do in this smaller more affordable size. No info yet on if they will do characters at this size which don't appear in the larger scale.

13. DevastatorPredaking

News Credits:
    Now I have to get another line, I.A. just wrote on Facebook these should be between $200.00 to $300.00

14. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  15. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quintesson's were very popular in G1's S3 but I could see why Hasbro was reluctant in making actual figures but I don't understand why Hasbro/IDW won't take the risk of simply making Quintesson's more of a threat these days though.

I said several times that it would be cool if the Generations line made 5 Quint's that combine to make a Dweller or a Dweller that becomes one of those Quintesson space ships! They're one of the few G1 characters that would warrant some new gimmick. While IDW could start up a new war where Quintesson's are controlling other TF colonies. Provided there's 13 total in the IDW-verse and none of that ROM or Visionary crap! Just Real Cybertronian colonies!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'd rather have chug scaled Quintessons that don't cost 300 dollar each.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

What type of fan demographic collects statues? What profession would these mystery collectors have? You say the people who youve seen buy these dont even buy MP figures. So why all of a sudden do they care about 30 year old obscure characters ? Are they even real Transformers fans ? Or are they just statue fans? Quints seem like an obscure choice for somebody who has a statue gallery with only lead characters of various franchises. I would think only a die hard Transformers fan would care enough about Quints to add them in their display. (Let alone know they exist) With that being said, what kind of die hard Transformers fan doesnt actually buy actual Transformers? (That transform) It seems far fetched that these people actually exist. If they said limited to 10 pieces, id believe it. But 500-1000 im not buying into those numbers. Takara couldnt even get 3000 people to pre-order Grand Max worldwide. (Another expensive figure of an obscure character) That should give you an idea of how many hardcore Transformers collectors there are worldwide...under 3000. So out of those 2000 or so, how many of them also collect statues of obscure transformers? 500? I think not...

18. Spark Extractor

News Credits:
    Well since it's obvious that you won't just take my word for it, why don't you just look up some statue forums and youtube videos and you'll see that those people do exist. You have no idea what you are talking about. You can love cartoons from your childhood and want to have some physical representation and also at the same time be someone that doesn't want to buy toys.

19. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe I get it wrong, but one Quintesson's face around $200 – $300?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

So if you put that in your room, you\'ll have someone constantly judging you? Jeez, I wouldn\'t want to imagine what \"Sam\'s happy time\" would be like with the inclusion of that face always watching him.

• Like Like x 1