Images of United G2 Prime and Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Trek, Oct 14, 2010.

1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or does it look as though the wheels on G2 Prime are pushed into the legs? The TFCC image made the double wheels appear to stick way out.

2. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I don't like on Prime, is his colors abruptly change form black to blue, they should get rid-of the black on the hood only and change it to blue with red flames to distinguish it more as Prime and not Nemesis Prime.

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Those pics are old. They are only upscaled.

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    G2 Prime looks cool, but I'll pass. Scourge looks badass even with a black goatee, he still looks wicked in my books. Yep my wallet is going to die too.

5. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

AAAAAGGGHHHH!!! HOLY SHIT is it an amazing time to be a G1 fan!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAGGGHH!!! HOLY SHIT is it a sucky time to have limited funds!!!

6. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    prime looks incredible! i think i may like my botcon scourge more... i'll still be buying at least 3 for my sweeps but i'll wait till hes in hand

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These pics are less-than-amazing. That same cannot be said of the figures.

I can't even make myself care that Scourge's gun doesn't transform. The design funds were clearly well-spent on the figure itself.

And it would be a crime not to get a Nemesis redeco of that Prime.

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    all these new pics look awesome. That g2 prime has fantastic physical proportions, though his wheels are a little large, really excited about these

9. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The G2 Prime is sweet! Love that the cab is actually his chest instead of a faux chest like the original had.

Scourge's mode reminds me of the Mini-Con Sonar from the Air Defense Team. Looks better than the flying boat mode he had in G1. Maybe they will make the sweeps to go with him.

Scourge and Wreck-Gar = "Return of the Goateed Transformers". Add Alpha Trion and Unicron then the set will be complete!

Looking for Generation versions of these to pop up as pre-orders.

10. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Still not 100% struck on Scourge...although my initial 'WTF?!?' after seeing the first tiny pixellated pic has subsided somewhat. Definitely need to see a better shot of him before I'm completely sold, though.

G2 Prime still leaves me cold, though - the colour scheme may be accurate, but the huge swathes of black really kill it for me. Oh well, more for you guys. :thumb 

11. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Prime is a pass...

Scourge is a definite.

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    G2 Prime looks different to how I expected - the sword is clearly inspired by Movie Prime's arm-swords. I think this restyled version would look better as Black Convoy.

13. Talon84

Talon84 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the Toxitron repaint

14. digitalworld40

digitalworld40 Well-Known Member

The picture of prime is the US ver so I wonder how the Japan ver will be? Maybe G1 color or just gets rid of the blue cab. It would be a surprise if they do a repaint as RID Scourge instead.

15. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    32 dollars for a deluxe?isnt that..pricey??

16. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Hmm, can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually a little disappointed that Scourge isn't a flying bathtub...must be the G1er in me. Otherwise, I like.

17. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Laser Prime: ok, the vehicle mode is a little Fisher Price, and I don't know WHAT the were thinking makeing the cab blue like that instead of staying more uniform black with the nose, but it makes do, cuz HOLY CRAP the robot mode is ah-may-wait for it-zing!!!

Honestly, aesthetically this is closer to how I wish they movie look had gone down, its got the more elegant and human proportions of the movie autobot,but still maintains some of the chunky familiarity that is part of what I associate as the general TF aesthetic. He'll, I wish they'd taken this 'moviefied G1' route with with the TF Prime designs instead of the waify WTF look thye picked.

Scourge, well, Scourge is my first major disappointment from Generations/United. I'll wait for better pictures, but he pretty much looks like crap, and doesn't improve on the looks of the titanium mold at all, which wasn't that great to begin with.

Interesting and curious how much focus we are seeing on the 86 characters, I wonder if that has anything to do with it being 2010 in Japan? (season 3 was called Transformers 2010 if anyone didn't know...)

18. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    What I dislike most about that G2 Prime is, that he uses his real windows as chest windows, so they have the same form like in truck mode. The way they look, they remind me of that Fatty Prime. I prefered his chest flat like in his original toy.

And I think they should have used either the G1 colour scheme or the movie colour scheme. Or maybe both for two toys. But that colour scheme doesn't look that good.

I'm waiting to see good pictures of him and maybe the inevitable black repaint.

Scourges body does not look that good. And his beard is wrong too. Actually I want a Scourge. But he's got the same problem as Tracks, that I really want. He does not look like I expected him. So I tend to buy him not. But I'm here waiting for better pictures of the final toy as well. Maybe I can get at least a Scourge.

But it really makes me sad that there are only very few Transformers I would want to have and when they finally make them, I don't want them the way they are realized :( 

19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Oh, and I left out that it is KILLING me that that Prime is not a voyager - I think at that scale they could have easily addressed the fisher-priceyness of the cab, plus ya know he'd look tons more imposing and Prime like. Thunderwing and Prime should have been the final wave of yellow box Voyager, they are both really suffering being deluxes. Plus as often as they repaint most any prime it's not like they wouldn't have gotten there'd monies back...

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Both G2 Prime and Scourge still look great, and both are still on my to-get list. I'm really hoping this new Prime mold gets repainted as RID Scourge at some point. Even if that means we have to wait till the G1 Scourge figure is off store pegs to get him. Hopefully the amount of black used on this one doesn't cause them to think that putting out another one with even more black would be redundant. If I have to, I'll just get two of this guy and kitbash one of them.