I'm very sad right now, guys...(pet-related)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eric, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    First, this is ALL TRUE. I'm not making it up, I'm serious.

Well, when I got home from vacation, it turned out that one of our two cats, Rusty, was a little sick. We noticed the evidence, if you get what I mean. We thought she ate something that was nasty. She got worse. She couldn't eat, move much, everyone in my family got worried about her. We took her to the vet, and he said that Rusty had ate something that tangled up her intestines. We got medicine for her, but it did no good.

My mom took her to the vet again, and, about a couple hours later, I called mom to see what was going on.

Mom informed me that...my cat Rusty...is going to be put to sleep...mom was crying a little too.

In all my life, I have witnessed deaths of both grandpas and one of my two grandmas. Now, at the age of 17, I'm now feeling grief for my cat Rusty. Oh God, why did you do this to my poor cat? She wasn't ready for the big cat place in the sky...God had played a cruel trick, and no one was laughing.

Rusty's gone...:cry :cry :cry 

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn sorry to hear that. How old was your cat? I have a cat and although he can be a major pain in the ass sometimes, I'll be very sad when he dies. Hope you feel better soon.

3. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I feel your pain. We put our oldest cat to sleep a couple weeks ago because of cancer. Poor guy was bone skinny and kept throwing up. And he was only 10 years old. It was so sad.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, same kinda deal happened with mine a few years ago. I went to visit my mom at the end of the summer, and to see my cat Lexus, whom we had had for 14 years. he was a maine coon, and had gone from weighing 20lbs in his prime to being only 8. no biggie, I thought.

but two days before I left, my mom was like "I need to tell you, he hasn't eaten for a week." so I decide to take him into the vet and get him put on an iv. very expensive, but I figured he was my buddy and he deserved a fighting chance. he was having kidney failure but I hoped this would stimulate his appetite. so I left after bringing him back home, and got a call a week later that she had put him to sleep. cats don't seem to die graceful deaths. it's heartbreaking, and I know the pain you feel. I lost it in front of three of my coworkers, one who was a guy, and they just all gave me a huge hug. so here's a big over the internet hug for ya. just think about all the good times!

5. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

dont worry about it. she is on a better place.
    my condolences....

6. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Damn. My sincerest condolences.

:( 

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Where?

8. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

you know what I mean.

and

I beg you and pray thou to dont be a jackass

9. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Fat chance.

Anyways. Sorry about your cat.

10. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

hey, it's not God's fault. It's just the way life is. Same thing happened to my two hamsters. One died right in my hand. :(  It is hard to deal with a loss, though. :cry 

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Word. Sorry for your lost. :( 

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    UTTERLY inappropriate. You should know better.
    Sorry for your loss, Eric. But at least Rusty isn't in pain any more, mate:( 

13. TigerPrawn

TigerPrawn Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that... When it comes to pets (who I come to consider more than pets but best friends) I can truthfully say I understand everything that you're going through.

My pug, Sergeant died 2-3 years ago due to someone driving 50mph in a residential zone. He hit him and took off. We had Sergeant for nearly 10 years. He was old, but still had a good amount of years left. My g/f and all her sisters were crying an depressed for a long long time.

Pets and animals in general mean alot to me, so again I'm very sorry for your loss.

14. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Fairy Princess, knock it off. If you care that much about grammar and syntax, go teach 2nd grade.

I had a cocker spaniel that lived for about 15 years and he was put to sleep while I was in college. I'm very sorry to hear what happened to your cat.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Don't think FP was going for a grammar attack...

Sorry to hear about your cat.
    Hope Rusty's eating some of that heavenly tuna right now. Its' always sad when pets go, like losing a family member

Rest in piece little guy

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Poor little Rusty. Sorry for your loss. It might help a little to post a pic as a tribute and to share the good times here.

17. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Well, I don't have a pic of Rusty herself, but this is as close to looking like Rusty:

[​IMG]

Thanks for caring, guys, I'm feeling a little better. As for age, as far back as I can remember, I think we got her in 1997, sometime after the 20th Anniversary Star Wars Trilogy movies came out. So Rusty must have been at least 9 when she died.

18. Jesus

Jesus Destroyer of Scudsy

Sucks man. Gotta say, aside from some fish, which are really hard to care about considering they're not very cool pets, I've never had a pet die. Or at least one of my own. I guess the only pet that died on me was my cousin's hamster. I put him in a little ball and set him on a table. I didn't think he would fall off because there were ledges but he was strong enough to roll over them. He got hurt. I think his spine was twisted. He was twitching as well. Wasn't pretty. I thought he shook it off because it looked like he could walk fine, but he died the next day. : (