I'm undecided Alternator Swerve for G1 Hardhead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LifePincher, Feb 1, 2009.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Just looking for advice here, not selling or trading.

I'm a G1 collector, and I'm thinking about trading my Aternator Swerve for a G1 Hardhead. How would you handle a trade like this? (Money wise)

My Swerve is loose/complete w/unopened instructions and awesomely applied stickers of course ........... and I'd be looking for a 100% complete Hardhead in decent condition.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Honestly? I think you could get two complete Headmasters in that condition in a trade for Swerve. The first run Headmasters are not that hard to come by, the last time I checked.

3. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    yea swerve is worth more. hes a really hard alt to come by

4. LifePincher

I'm greatful for the feedback.

Here's a pic of Swerve
    [​IMG]

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's a terrible deal. Like Sol Fury said, a Swerve in that condition is worth 2 loose complete Headmasters easily.

6. LifePincher

So, a trade for say Chromedome and Hardhead would be a good deal then, or a bit overboard?

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Complete and in good condition, that would be pretty fair. Swerve, for all his generic-ness, is probably the single rarest Alternator and can go for a pretty high price. He's at least worth two fairly common G1 figures.

8. LifePincher

How about trading just for Hardhead? How much cash in exchange? $30./$40. +?

9. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

are u guys kidding or what, a complete search on alternator swerve shows 3 result:
    1 loose complete for about $62 shipped
    2 MISB sold for $94 and $105 shipped

Now a complete g1 hardhard in good condition will cost you between $55-$75 shipped.
    So it seems to me that 1 loose swerve for one loose hardhead is a completely fair deal.

10. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    if that dude ^^^^ is right, then by all means keep ur swerve

11. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Ah, I remember back to when Swerve was announced.

"A THIRD Corvette!" We laughed...then cried, the rended our sleeves and wandered out into the desert, cursing Hasbro and renouncing the plastic faith.

But oh no, not this not-so-humble collector. I bought up the strange and frightening red corvette, got my shotgun and my dog, and waited on the porch.

"Ya'll be back." I said. "Ya'll be back..."

12. LifePincher

Seriously, I didn't know Swerve was so rare/expensive 'till about a week ago. He's been sitting in my closet garnering dust bunnies. I thought I'd try to get a decent G1 out of him at least, since he's just a ......Little red Corvette :music 

So, can we have an Authoritve figure rein in on the subject of prices and tradeability towards Hardhead?

13. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

If you've been following the ebay prices, the price for alternators has been dropped quite alot recently. Swerve used to be a $100+ loose, $150+ MISB figures, and now all you need to do is a complete search to see how much he's worth now.

The price for Headmasters, on the other hand, has been in increase for the last 2 years, they used to cost around $40 complete, but rise to around $70 last year.

Searching completed auctions for hardhead only returns 2 result, 1 sold for $55 shipped, and another for $70+ shipping(UK)
    Searching for completed auctions for chromedome returns average cost around $65 shipped(If you count the UK auction then the average will be $72+, because the UK one sold for $86+shipping)
    Searching for completed auctions for highbrow returns 1 result for $77 shipped.(There was another sold for $51 but it's body only, obviously overpaid)
    Searching for completed auctions for Brainstorm returns average price around $65 shipped

14. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    wait until after the new TF movie hits and then sell him for 3 Headmaster figures...

15. LifePincher

Probably a good idea.