I'm trying to find all of the different r2-d2 molds

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, Aug 20, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    so r2's my favorite starwars character. cute little robot that always saves the day. I've got at least 11 different ones, and I'm trying to get all of the different molds and accessories, but I'm having trouble with some. basic packaging variations I'm not concerned with, but accessories, such as the holographic leia are enough to make me want to get a version. I know the "princess leia collection" r2 shares its mold with at least one other, and I know there's at least two that make noise when you push buttons on the front, one being the "dirty" dagobah otc one and the rots one, but I think there may be a third. I'm also really trying to find out if the basic otc r2 with the background of leia's cruiser is shared with another.

I used a site called r2d2central to find all of the different pics, but it doesn't say if any of them share the same mold, and rebelscum didn't seem to either. can anyone help me find out this info? I'd really, really appreciate it!

2. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Good luck, it's an expensive journey. Would listen to payres though, he's guru-rific when it comes to Star Wars

On that same mission myself, have these so far. These little droids rawk!
    [​IMG]

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Man thats a lot of R2 units...

I have 3, one was the Droid Attack R2, one was the R4 and both are sitting their respective Jedi Starfighters. I then grabbed one of those light and sound R2's which makes me wish I didn't get that Droid attack fella.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    thanks! I've actually got most of 'em, and the only regular release ones I'm apparently missing are the original vintage one, the potf with the coin and launching lightsaber, the potf2 with holographic leia, and the otc vintage one with all of the accessories. I'm also missing the silver one, and I've GOT to get that holiday one with the antlers!!!

6. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I've got all the different coloured R2s to date, and about a dozen different R2 D2s. You could argue that's a few too many.