i'm thinking of selling ROTF Longhaul and Demolisher...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    and getting Payload and White Demolisher instead... i think it'll make more sense to have the molds in a different color then the Supreme Devastator... but then it means selling two molds for probably less then retail, just to rebuy them again... anyone got an opinion? or am i retarded for doing this?

2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

It's your choice, so I say go with the color scheme that you prefer. Personally, I'm perfectly happy with the Long Haul and Demolisher toys that have already been released.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't forget about red rampage. If you want those colors schemes it'll cost you less to buy them and sell off the ones you have then buy them and and have two of each mold.

Another thing you can do is wait to buy the newer schemes on sale. The white demolisher is a TRU exclusive so there should be plenty available since TRU never puts things on sale/clearance. Your best bet is a general transformers sale like their buy 10% off sales but that really only equals $3. Red Rampage is coming at the tail end of the line so waiting will either net you him at clearance or make it impossible to find. Payload is the new universe line so he should be plentiful at the beginning. I'd wait for a Target $2-$4 sales to nab him. If you wait though you take a chance of never getting them.

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh yeah... forgot about red rampage... and yeah, selling them off is definitely what i'll do if i buy the others... no way i'd keep two of each of those molds...

though i just realized mixmaster is the same paint scheme as well... and i just sold the green mixmaster awhile ago... dammit...

5. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Green mixmaster shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of people out there just want the hoist by itself. What you have to ask yourself now is:

Original Demolisher - $x.

If you buy the white one for $y and sell the original one for $z that means you effectively spent ($x+$y-$z) for the white one. Is he worth more then just keeping the original?

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should think about it differently. Rather than I'm selling a toy at less than retail to get the same toy with a new deco. Try thinking about it as subsidizing the perchase of the deco you want. By selling the deco you don't want anymore.

I held fast and never bought any of the constructicons. Until I heard about legends Devastator. Now my plan is to get the repaints of the voyagers and Rampage.

7. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess I should answer the original question. You're not retarded for wanting to do this. This is what I'd do.

Red Rampage - buy him as soon as you see him. He got more screen time.
    White Demolisher - for this one I'd risk TRU running out and wait for a transformer sale
    Green Mixmaster - if you're patient also wait for a TRU sale then buy him and sell off the Hoist for $15 to subsidize your mixmaster!
    Payload - by this time since you're already switching out the rest go all the way.

8. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i just got payload in the mail today,,,,,i really love his colors...but at the same time, he feels different enough for the to keep long haul...kinda like mudflap and skids look similiar..but are still different ( i know they are 2 different molds, but they are very similiar, yet different) ....im keeping both payload and long haul...:) 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm a sucker for the Long Haul mold. I'll get and keep both. And as far as the TRU pack, I'm gonna get it to satisfy a new toy craving. But the white Demolishor could be cooler than the red one. Not sure if it's just the fact that it's new, or if it is actually cooler.

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    dang, that does look nice... but still i'm very much into not having duplicates... except for old g1 based stuff... but we'll see... maybe if i sell longhaul right away i can get full retail for him... at my LCS... but we'll see...

and yeah, Natureboy, the white one just looks so sharp... and my cousin wants the ice cream twins real bad, so i can give him those two and that'll help too... hell, he may even want the red demolisher and longhaul too...

11. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't get green longhaul. There's a slim chance I might get the yellow one if I like the paint aps/color scheme enough better.