Im sure its been answered before but why was...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by meggatron, Jul 9, 2007.

1. meggatron

meggatron Banned

Yes, when BB shaped down the All-spark i thought Pinhead was going to jump out....
    I AM PAIN!

2. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I guess now that Megs has absorbed the Allspark he now contains the sparks raw power? Thus he should be able to Mass Shift in the next movie.

Please note Megs is NOT dead. He did NOT absorb the entire Allspark (Remember Prime grabed a piece before it was absorbed). So this could be possible.

3. meggatron

meggatron Banned

soooo because he didnt absorb the ENTIRE allspark he can NOT be dead? i dont see how this adds up, but must just be me. What would be cool is if they just went to a different leader in the next movie.

4. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I'm just saying if Megs returns this is plot point they would use. Because he didn't absorb the entire Allspark he survived. Or something to that effect.

5. Autobot823

Autobot823 Autobot Warrior

soundwave is supposed to be in the second movie. Tim Shinn won a transformers contest and may be soundwave can appear like this in the second?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That's an awesome design!

I'd love to see something like that in TF2, but I can just see the "y izznt soundwave a tape dect???????" threads exploding onto the boards... :) 

7. Autobot823

Yeah, it'd be awkward without him being a tape deck, but this isn't the 80's anymore so I wouldn't mind seeing him as something newer and more modern, they already screwed up half the characters in the first, but they made up for it with te plot and everything . Who knows... lol

8. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

has soundwave been confirmed for the sequel?last i heard they wanted to try for the dinobots and constructicons.
    as for soundwave's alt. mode,it doesn't matter too much-if nothing else,a lot of tf's are named for their ablities,like blackout or skywarp,rather than their modes.
    a military type like the balkan seems very appropriate,though.
    also,when did soundwave have a shoulder mic?the original figure's shoulder "gun" was one of his batteries as i recall.how many soundwave toys have there been?i had it at 2:g1 and cybertron...

9. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

great...another g1 purist to whom everything since is inferior.

10. Autobot823

1. It's a rumor i heard.
    2. I think there have been a few more than that, but I'm not sure.

11. Autobot823

That's far from true. I think Armada was one of the best versions EVER. The toys the show, everything. I just prefer the original but that's not saying that I think everything since is inferior..

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think I read what happened with Soundwave was a result of whining fans:-
    - Soundwave reported as a possible movie characters
    - Geewunners cry out 'Must be teh tapedeck!!!11!'
    - Others yell 'Mass-shifting FTL!'
    - 'Soundbyte' was born.
    - Fans heard what he would look like and whined some more.
    - Designers realised that he looked shit as Soundwave, and whining fans had completely shit on Soundwaves chances.
    - Changed 'Soundbyte' to 'Frenzy', made him a whole new character.

Moral of this story, whoever said Soundwave has to be a Tapedeck for the movie, 'STFU!'
    With any luck, he may make a future appearence, but not as a f**king Tapedeck, as some kind of comm-vehicle or something.

13. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

I would have been fine with Soundwave being Blackout in the film. But thats done with already. I do hope Soundwave is something cool if/when he arrives in a sequel.

14. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would have been fine with me as well.

I would have been happy with a tape deck cameo, too. Perhaps the Allspark energy hit a pawn shop or OMG an antique stop and brings a tape deck to life, TFs into a "life-size" little Soundwave, ejects Ravage, and that's it, kind of like the Dew-bot and X-bot in the movie.

Personally, I just don't get this fan obsession with Soundwave at all. He's like the Boba Fett of TF. Sure he looks cool, but he was never really important or even did much of anything at all. I don't care if he ever shows up in another TF movie. The coolest thing about him was his toy had TFing batteries. Other than that, eff 'im.