I'm Starting To Get Frustrated With Collecting TF Toys...Anyone Feel The Same?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 1, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    With news on all of the amazing Transformers toys coming out on an almost daily basis I'm starting to get frustrated with collecting Transformers toys. Money keeps getting tighter and tighter around my house. Whenever something new and amazing is announced I add it to my list of TFs to buy.

The problem is so much new stuff is coming out and it's coming out so quickly that I don't have the time or finances to keep up. We are in the golden age of TF collecting and therefore we're seeing so many new and exciting toys being announced and released.

It's getting frustrating trying to keep up. Anyone else feel the same way lately?

2. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Learn to prioritize. For example, most Transformers have a long shelf life before they become hard to get. Limit your purchases to exclusives and shortpacked items until you have enough money to go back and get the regular ones.

Otherwise, choose one line to collect and drop the others.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm getting frustrated because I have the money but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Can't say I'm frustrated. I guess it's because I find the present situation far preferable to the years where there wasn't anything I wanted.

5. twichyy

twichyy Banned

News Credits:
    just choose a side... get the cool universe toys (the new molds), or just get the really crappy, why the hell did they even make these lame; animated toy

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I only get fustrated when characters that come out that I want end up being exclusive. Classics Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust anyone?

7. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

QFT.

8. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

I myself have found it easier to keep up this year, really. Haven't seen much new stuff at all, I just now found the Universe Ultras!

Animated: Wave 1 and 2 were here for about 2 weeks and went fast. Wave 3 left in a week. So I finished Waves 2/3, but not 1. I'm not a fan of Activators or anything really. No Blitzwing....yet!

Universe: Wave 1 of Deluxes stayed FOREVER. So I got em' all. Then I was not prepared for Voyagers and Ultras a couple weeks later.

9. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I get ten dollars a week, so I can normally pace myself.

Also, Twichyy, he has an ANIMATED Grimlock avatar, so odds are he already has and likes animated toys.

10. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    fixed it for ya :wink: 

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm getting frustrated not so much because of the money, but the fact that hunting for toys in the Netherlands is very tedious. There never seems to be clear dates of releases, then one store gets a new item while the other one gets it weeks or months later..we don't get half of the stuff..sigh.

Of course, I could order everything online...luckily with the current dollar value, importing is more appealing; with the lower costs of the toys in the US + shipping rate, I usually end up with a price that's the same as to when I'd buy the same toy in a store over here.

Still, it's alot of hassle.

12. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Well-Known Member

There is alot of stuff coming out right now and in the next upcoming months.THis is a good thing not a bad thing.Like someone else said try to concentrate on exclusives and harder to find transformers cause there will be alot on the shelves for a while.I mean there are still movie toys out that at one time were hard to find.So just be patient.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No.

14. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If money is tight but you still want to collect current TFs, I recommend either pick one current line and collect only those, get only your favorite characters, or get a few from Animated and a few from the new Classics line. With the way that things are going, it would most likely not get any easier next year with 25th anniversary, maybe more Animated, more Classics 2.0, and ROTF figures.

For me, I only got the Classics 2.0 figures, a few G1, one BT, and 1 Titanium and I doing fine with my budget.

15. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Many good ideas have already been said here. I tend to go with choosing one or two lines to collect. Right now I'm finishing up my Alternators collection and picking up a few Hard Hero busts. As for current lines I'm only collecting Classics/Henkei and Robot Heroes (G1 & BW).

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

QFT

17. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

I get frustrated with trying to buy the new stuff while still looking for the older stuff like classics and such

18. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'm sorta feeling frustration, but it's nice frustration! At least it means there will be lots of nice stuff to choose from.

But I am skipping the Universe line, that saves me some money.

19. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

what is your monthly budget for toys & entertainment?

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I got frustrated when I first started collecting. That was most likely due to me starting on the tail end of Cybertron. I've since mellowed out, and have been organizing a list of TF's I want to get. The list changes a lot, lol. I typically add something when I first see it, making the list quite large, but I almost always cut it back by the time the first of what I've added has begun to come out. I've already been able to cut down my to-gets for both Animated and Universe, and there are only a couple more Movie TF's I want to get from the sequels line.

Edit: As for the size of my collection compared to others, I honestly don't care. I have what I currently consider a large collection. If I end up getting all the one's I plan on getting, I'll probably have 120 by this time next year, which is a huge collection, imo. Once I get to that point, depending on what's coming out after that, I might actually take a bit of a brake from collecting. Especially since my shelves will have little room for more by that time, lol.