I'm starting School September 2nd (Huzzah T_T)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Got my schedule a few days ago so here are my classes.
    (Key: S1 means Semester 1, S2 means Semester 2, YR means Year, 01,02 etc. means the period)

S1-01 MicroBiology CollegePrepatory (Science)
    S2-01 Astronomy CollegePrepatory (Science)
    YR-02 Geometry (Math)
    YR-03 Chemistry CollegePrepatory (Science)
    YR-04 Anthropology Honors (Social Studies/History)
    S1-05 Study of Science Fiction (English Class)
    S2-05 Study of Fantasy&Horror (English Class)
    S1-06 History of Film (English Class)
    S2-06 Ceramics (Fine Arts)
    S1-07 Gym (Gym)
    S2-07 Geography (Social Studies/History)

I picked classes that I know a bit about. I signed up for Zoology but because the damn computers fucked up my schedule FOR THE THIRD TIME (They do it in alphabetical order which is totally unfair. I'm basically last because my last name is Webster) Zoology is filled up so I'm stuck with Microbiology, a subject I find barely interesting at all and learned it all back in Biology. I'm still trying to find a way to switch out of it but theres a risk that I can lose many of the classes I signed up for. Dammit...

On top of that, my Bus now comes at 6:15 AM. For some unkown reason they decided to move it back 15 minutes earlier. I live like 5 minutes from my school, so now I got to wake my ass up at 5:35, shower, get dressed, eat something, and walk up to my bus stop at 6:10 when it's pitch black outside during the Fall/Winter. Then it's like a six minute bus drive, so then I got to wait 40-45 minutes for school to start at 7:15.

Utter. Bullshit.

I knew I should have taken my driver's test, but I have the motor skills of a corpse with riggamortis. I decided to wait untill I'm 18, take the test, and get my license then. I'm not staying after school 3 hours (monday-friday for three weeks) learning stop signs are red. And the teacher is like a perv.

On the positive side, I got most of the classes I wanted, I bought a bunch of Transformers shirts, I have all good teachers, and many of my classes my fellow geeks are in. Does anyone have any suggestions that will help me throughout the year?

BTW does anyone know where I can buy a small Decepticon insignia pendant, like a dog tag or bolo-tie?

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looking at yer schedule, i find it hard to believe that a private school, much less a public school could afford a curriculum like that.

Considering that I know for a fact at the University of Alabama, in the New College (program) you can major in Global Domination...i won't say your schedule isn't a real one.
    I have been outta High School since Clinton was elected, so things can change. I woulda killed for a schedule like that.

Just wait till you get to college to really complain about scheduling- most schools i know of allow registering by year (Seniors first, Freshmen last) and that makes an 8am to noon schedule darn nigh impossible.

good luck and have fun with it.

3. Tyrannosaur

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Haha. Private school.

5. Tyrannosaur

It's a public school not private. Ugh, I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than wear an ugly ass uniform. Screw that crap I'm wearing my Transformers shirts.

6. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

You have a "Study in Science Fiction" class? WTF, I want that!

All I've got is College Algrebra, (modern) Art History and Concepts in Computer Science. The Computer Science one I'm digging but the other two are pleh!

7. Tyrannosaur

Yeah Scifi and Fantasy&horror are new this year. It's gonna be AWSUM :bay 

8. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

there's already a thread about going back to school...

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The science fiction class should be immensely rewarding. Depending on how they approach the subject, you'll either get a nice smattering of older science fiction you didn't even know existed, or you'll get alternative approaches to a similar story.

I took one during my English degree and absolutely loved it. Some of the older sci-fi literature from the '50s, '60s, '70s - the stuff that used to win Pulitzer Prizes - that stuff is amazing, eye-opening literature.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, if the bus ride is so short, and there's so much wasted time in using it, why not just walk?

11. Tyrannosaur

By bus it's five or six minutes. And it's 6:00 in the morning. I'm tired, my allergies are probably tugging my sinuses back and forth, and it's pitch black outside still (During the fall/winter) and it's not like I live in a bad neighborhood (Go to South Providence if you want to see a bad neighborhood in RI ;)  ) but I get a bit paranoid.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I started a week ago. It sucks.

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

i started a week ago. i should've doubled up on math last year so i could take calculus as a sophomore this year

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

But Godziboy is special...

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^This is the area i am specializing in for post grad classes.
    Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Literature from the 20's to the present.
    The old pulp magazines like Weird Tales where many famous authors got started, 50's and 60's speculative fiction (Harlan Ellison is my idol) and the connection that Cyberpunk has with the old material.

Damn good stuff from the old days.

back on topic....

I stand corrected, Godziboy1993; told ya i was outta the loop.

I have to admit my disgust at your Ceramics class, lol. My mom worked with Ceramics for nearly 25 years (during my entire childhood) and she gave me a good number of pieces to do to keep me busy. never grew to like it,though.

always wanted to bake a pizza in her kiln for some reason.

16. Tyrannosaur

Well, the freshmen were even worse. They smell of douchebaggery, wear their shorts low with their ass hanging out, adidas flip flops with high white socks. WTF who dresses like this on the first day of school?

They have the mouth of a fifty year old man with tourettes syndrome, they bump into you purposely and don't apologize at all. They make fun of you when they don't even know who you are, even when you are twice their size. They crowd up the hallways and I literally have to squeeze my way through, and I'm a pretty tall kid.

I suggest my school has a freshmen beat down in the gym. throw the buggers in there and give the sophmores, juniors and seniors bats to beat the shit out of them. Thats how you become a man.

On the bright side my teachers are all nice and funny. Except my Anthropology teacher he's a nice guy but he talks waaay too fast and after every sentence he gasps for air LOL.

It's gonna be a good year for me :D 

17. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Lucky dude.

My school is about 15 min away.

I say screw that and try my best to get on the bus.

18. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I've been in school for four week now. You want a "Bastard with a long-ass summer vacation" award?

Primus, where are my Linkin Park CDs?!

19. Tyrannosaur

Dang you started way back in August. That sucks.