"I'm sorry, your package got returned, we're going to resend it"

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by megatroptimus, Aug 19, 2010.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    How many times have you been served that excuse with Ebay sellers after waiting for a package to show up? I can't count how many, but last time was this morning. And we all know that 99% of the time it's BS, the seller just never shipped the item in the first place and is just trying to find a way to gain some time. It was for a WFC Megatron and I had to cancel my preorder with BBTS because I should technically have received the other one much sooner. Some sellers are just... ugh.

2. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually I've had packages sent back because the weight on my scale was off by a couple ounces and they wanted a couple cents to cover it. Then there's times when for some reason PO claims to have left a notice and they will return it. They tried that with a Wii I sent to someone(only form on it was DC not SC), then because there was a hold on my mail(because of sister) they never bothered to leave a slip saying they had a package waiting for me, and very nearly sent it back. So it could be the real deal, but highly unlikely as you said

3. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    The return process would take MUCH longer than 2 weeks, especially for a parcel sent from HK to Canada. I work from home, so there's no problem on the delivery side, I'm always here. I think it's just a case of a seller not having the item in hand and auctionning it anyway to make a quick buck hoping the buyer would'n't notice or bother with the delay.

4. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least you didn't get "I have been dealing with a serious illness" or "I recently had a death in my family". I get one of those nearly every time something is late. I must buy from the unluckiest bastards ever.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    ^ Oh yeah, i always seem to end up buying from people who's lives are straight from a country and western song.

My favorite however was someone (a former dealer here no less) who didn't ship me a TFC Megatron, then tried to tell me it was because realistic toy guns
    are illegal in my country.

Which they aren't.

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I hate it when ebay sellers don't leave me feedbacks. Even though transaction was silky smooth, and I left them positive feedbacks, I don't get any from some sellers!

7. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually had a legit transaction that the return thing happened. I thought it was BS until I noticed 2 seperate postages and stamps...one was just to a wrong address, but with my name on it. (No idea how it happened, wasn't even an old address.)

I am one of the unlucky sellers though. I was supposed to mail a custom Menasor the other day, but had to spend the day in the ER with my daughter for a broken ankle. I mailed it the next day though. The excuses only go so far. If someone dies in your family. Still take the 15 mins to ship something out. Chances are if you are "busy" because of the death, you will drive by a post office at some point.

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    My last issue with items being sent back was a pain in the ass. Canadapost refused to help me and usps blamed canadapost so they just passed the buck over and over until I got pissed off then they tried to tell me I sent it to an incorrect address and the item was sent back...few m inutes go by and I get a pm from the person and the box has arrived.

9. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    SeanxLong was supposed to send me a toy from a contest and never got it cause usps kept returning it cause it was a candian shipment? or something, anyway, its been a while, and even though he says he's sent it and re-sent it, i know im never getting that toy :( 

10. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    This...it drives me nuts when folks say they were too busy or got off work lately....almost all USPS centers have that automated postal center ( APC )
    where you slap it on the scale...enter the zipcode...select how to send it...stick your credit/debit card in...and slap the label on it and drop the package in a storage bin...takes less than 2 minutes...

I manage to mail packages every day on the way to work before i get there...yet half the universe seems to take forever to get off it's collective ass to mail a box.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

USPS can make a lot of mistakes. I know that I gave them the correct address, but some how they shipped it back to me for some reason. Made me mad as I had to take it back to the shipping store and re-ship it. Stupid post office!

12. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    well run the tracking # on the box that you got back...it will tell right there what the heck is going on...it will tell on the tracking why it got sent back.

13. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Dude... I tried sending a Botcon 2009 Leozak to the UK and the damn thing came back to me 3 times all for different reasons! I was determined to get the package to the buyer and it cost me about $60 more than I expected. The buyer was super cool about the loooong wait and I did give him a freebie, Transformers Collector's Club Exclusive Heatwave, to apologize for delay.

14. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, that's quite a freebie. And geez, $60, that's the better part of what Leozack is worth.... bummer.

15. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i had a kid refund me and tell me he lost the item. it was a gba game but still...

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My dad died Tuesday morning and it has delayed some packages from going out. It DOES happen.

17. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    sometimes you just cant make it, work or other things that one must do comes before going to the post office. ppl have no paitence these days.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I've never had anyone use that excuse, and in the end I get just about everything I order. Sometimes the wait is a bit longer than I would've liked, sometimes a lot longer, other times it arrives so quickly I'm taken by surprise.

The handful of cases where I got nothing, I had absolutely no hassle getting a refund.

Frankly I'm amazed things work so well.

19. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I ended up getting a refund (including shipping), no question asked. Plus he said "I shipped the toy anyway, if you get it, you can keep it". Meaning he never shipped the toy the first time around since he didn't care about refunding shipping and that he never shipped it again since he seems to imply again that the toy might not arrive again. Anyway, I got my money back, that's all that matters.

20. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    What reasons exactly? I'm curious.