I'm sorry brother... (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

...But you left me no choice.

Or however the line went.

I just occured to me last night.

What did Prime do that he was left with no choice? The entire fight with Megatron, Prime was getting ass kicked.

The US airforce, and Sam killed Megatron.

I understand that the writers wanted to imply that Megatron is Primes brother (either metaphorically, or literally), but that line just makes me think that Prime's taking the credit, for something he didn't even do.
    Maybe he should have said....I dunno
    'Till all are one, brother' Or something. But do you know what I'm talking about?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am I the only one who thought that the voice there sounded like Megatron?

3. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Yeah. I kinda agree with you. It was certainly dissappointing how one-sided the fight between Megatron and Prime was. However, I'd like to think that because we didn't see the whole fight, Prime gave as good as he got during the parts we didn't see. I mean, it's not that I mind Megatron winning, it's just that I don't like seeing Prime do so abysmally.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I see what you mean, CP; personally I think Prime was referring to the need for Megatron to die; "One shall stand, one shall fall" clinched that for me. As in the animated movie, Prime finally ended up in a position where nothing but Megatron's death would end things.

5. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Ah man the US Airforce didn't do shit! They didn't kill nobody they just were a distraction! Megatron flew Optimus right threw a building, that tells me how hard the was! It was 50/50!

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that's the vibe I got out of it too, because killing -for any reason- isn't something that Prime would willingly do even to his mortal enemy unless it would be the only way to end things. It's just part of his nature that he cares too much, even about his enemies.

Only thing that really ate at me from the line was the whole brother part. I don't know, I'm open to new things and different realities and what not, but I just can't imagine a universe in which those two are brothers... just a personal preferance I guess.

7. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

You might want to go see the movie again. The F-22 bombarded Megs in the back leaving him pretty torn up making it easier for same to shove the Allspark in his chest.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I still think it's possible that he was referring to his kinship with his race; I would have thought that any actual relation would have been mentioned in the part where he explained to Sam & Mikaela about the war.

9. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

See, I was never sure if they were "true" brothers. They were co-rulers of Cybertron, brothers-in-arms, so to speak. Kinda like the way Hulk Hogan uses it. "Whatcha gonna do brother, when Optimus Prime runs through you?!"

10. Godzilla2

He was still standing though, and I thik it was Starscream that did all that bombing or at least most of it. Come on Transformers or at least most of them can't die of being bombed by fighter planes.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Prime did pretty good in that fight. He tossed Megs around a little bit but I think getting shot did more damage to him.

12. BlackTrailerOps

I agree with Draven here, after all when your entire race is a bunch of robots created by an all-powerful cube I don't think you've got mommies or daddies and brothers and sisters. Its kind of like someone calling a fellow human "brother", because they are both humans.

13. Godzilla2

Maybe but why did they give the lines though? It would be interesting if this uuniverse had that in the contuity

14. BlackTrailerOps

There is no evidence in the film to point that attack to Screamer. You're right they can't die being bombed by fighter planes, they can die from being shot in the crotch by a grenade launcher or by having a cube shoved into their spark. Its show in the movie that humans can kill Transformers. As for him being standing, he was on the ground when Sam shoved the Allspark in his chest, and he was on the ground because he was pummeled in the back by the human F-22s.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I loved seeing Prime getting his ass handed to him, it shows just how powerful Megatron is, and just why he needs to be permentantly deactivated.

The fact that Megatron could throw Prime, (supposedly the strongest Autobot), around like a rag doll, coupled with the fact that Prime's weapons do little more than annoy him, show Megatron to be this badass robot he should have been from day 1.

Had it been evenly matched, Prime most likely could have killed Megatron un-aided, which would have made Sam, and the F-22's pretty much useless for that final scene.

All too easily IMO, they arent really world conquering beings if mere humans can kill them with such ease.

Yup, he was also missing a fair bit of his armour, which was shown being blown off in all directions, those F-22's kicked Megatrons ass, completely, one more attack like that and he'd have been down for good.

16. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    That was my least favorite line in the entire movie. And it's acceptable, but I didn't wanna think about what it could have meant figuratively. It was an action movieeee. They shoulda left the line out.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I just hope in future TF series they don't milk the idea Megs, and Prime being brothers. As in RID, Prime and Magnus were brothers, and then in DW G1 comic Magnus and Prime were brothers suddenly. At least I think that's what DW was implying. But ither way, I groaned.
    I can live with the idea for the movie they're 'brothers' I just hope it's not milked.

18. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I thought the same thing. Sam killed Megatron. PLUS, if the Allspark only had to be "near" Megatrons chest to killed, I mean Sam basically held it up and it got sucked up into Megs chest...just seconds earlier, Sam was sitting on Primes chest...shouldnt' it have been sucked into Primes chest just because of the proximity?

19. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

what i dont understand is why a fight this important didnt focas on prime and megs, it had them in the background and was fucisng on other things. i also wish it show primes face when he said his one shal stand line.

20. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I think the 'brother' line has nothing to do with direct kinship. It's been discussed before and most people agreed it's more of a 'comrade in arms' type of brother rather than sharing the same paternal lineage.