I'm so disappointed with Hasbro regarding MP Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ejector369, May 17, 2012.

1. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Way back when I heard Hasbro was releasing Masterpiece Rodimus Prime without his trailer, it made me disappointed in Hasbro. Even though he came with Offshoot, I think Hasbro must eventually re-release Masterpiece Rodimus Prime with both his trailer and targetmaster Offshoot. Hasbro is releasing their own MP Optimus Prime with all his accessories, why not Masterpiece Rodimus Prime? If that were to happen, which retailer should he be exclusive to? I'd say BigBadToyStore, personally.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Masterpieces aren't good sellers, kiddo. Be glad we even got Rodimus over here. The only reason they're letting Ops keep all his stuff is because he's a big name. Who would pay over $100 for some guy most people don't even know? Besides, MPS are pretty much just for collectors. And collectors can get the Takara version if they want all the trimmings. This was Hasbro giving those who don't care about the trailer a break and giving them a shot at a cheaper, easier to find version.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he turned out just fine in the US. I display him in robot mode anyway and I won't have to find space for his battle station thing.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Trailer = Good for people who display him in vehicle mode, but bad for those who display the robot. It's kind of Like my RID Prime. I love just the unarmored design more than the armored up one, so I have to find a place to store all of his firetruck kibble and that's a pain.

5. Ejector369

I wish there was some way to get Hasbro to reissue MP Rodimus Prime with Offshoot and release his trailer separately... :( 

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

The MP Prime they're releasing is the NEW version, not the old MP-04.

I suspect MP Roddy's American release did not include the trailer namely because it was essentially a giant useless shell for vehicle mode and the only parts of the actual figure visible were the wheels and a flipped spoiler. Plus, there had been complaints about tolerances on the trailer being bad to the point where there was multiple occurrences of paint scraping due to the trailer.

If it bothers you THAT MUCH about the trailer, I'm sure you can find a reasonably priced and complete MP Roddy somewhere in the Junkion forums.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Besides that, everyone is gonna want to own the same Optimus they had as a kid!

:dunce 

8. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Pretty much this. At my local TRU there's been a wall of MP Rodimus and 25th Anniversary Unicron that hasn't moved for the past couple of months. Every now and then they go on sale for $40-50 and still no ones buys them.

9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I soooooo thought this was going to be a rant on the plastic that Hasbro went with for MP Roddys shoulder and ankles.

10. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Where do you live? Canada?

As for the OP. As others said, Rodimus is really a nobody in the non collector world, so $100 for a nobody is a no thank you for many consumers.

11. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

What's even more disappointing is the shrinking sizes. I have a feeling that Hasbro will get even less portion of the pie this year and with the turd party scene getting a little more tasteful, my budget for real transformers decreased even more. Yeah, it is quite disappointing. I might actually stop collecting TFP altogether and just stick with why I already have. Hegemony, HOS Starscream and of course Maketoys Tiny will grace my display case their presence.

12. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Buy the trailer separately or move on.

Going 'I wish I wish' fixes nothing.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm much happier to own Offshoot/Firebolt than I am to own the trailer from MP-9. My only interest in trailers (primarily for Optimus, admittedly) is a fetish of mine to own accompanying trailers for figures when they are available (or created by unlicensed companies), but that's just an idiosyncrasy of my own since most of the trailers I do own sit in my closet because I have no room to display them. Same thing will happen whenever I pick up the US MP Optimus.

I don't think trailers for Optimus or Rodimus are "necessary" at all for US MP releases since many people just want the figure. The only G1-based MP candidates that really benefit from having a separate trailer included are Ultra Magnus and Powermaster Optimus. If those two were made and then released in the US later on, yes I do think that's the time where keeping the trailer is almost mandatory for Hasbro based on how those figures interact with those trailers. Optimus and Rodimus though? Not so much.

14. Ejector369

I was already referring to MP-10, not MP-04.

15. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    The hasbro version was made more to look like hotrod

16. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    What's that old saying..."Spit in one hand and be disappointed with a toy conglomerate in the other, and see which one fills up first."

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'd be a lot more upset about the missing Rodimus trailer if the transformation into Space Winnebago mode looked even the slightest bit fun.

But it doesn't.

It looks like a huge, un-fun pain in the ass where you have to worry about paint rub and whatever else.

I'd love to have the trailer for Rodimus, but if I'm honest with myself, I have to admit I would NEVER use it because of the hassle and stress involved.

Firebolt (I'm not going to call him Offshoot) is an accessory I'll actually use. Hasbro did us a major solid there, imo.

18. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah if you want it that bad some people on the junkion might have takara's version 1 for a decent price. Maybe somewhere in the $150-200 range. otherwise, you're out of luck

19. Rapido3

Rapido3 Well-Known Member

Quick question, is mp rodimus in the new mp scale? Thanks in advance for the reply.

20. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

He is the same height as MP Optimus Prime, I haven't seen a scale chart with the two side by side, but as a leader figure, I would say yes.