I'm so confused...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Toddimus Prime, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe it's because I'm just catching bits and pieces on YouTube, but...I've been watching poorly-copied Chinese clips of The Last Knight, and honestly...I love what I'm seeing! I just don't see what's so bad about it. Maybe it's bad when you watch it in the correct sequence, but...I'm excited all over again about seeing it after watching a few clips. It sucks though, because I had planned on seeing it in IMAX 3-D, and it's already been pulled from those types of theaters. What I've seen seems so awesome, but then again, I loved most of T4 and it seems to be panned these days, so...yeah. (lol)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    What you see on YouTube are just the robot scenes. What you don't see is the crap sandwiched between those scenes.

• Like Like x 18
  3. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    Watch it in full and decide for yourself. So many people say it's terrible, but I actually liked it quite a lot.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a two and a half hour movie.. most of it absent of transformers or they are present and have no relevance other than spectacle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    probably because you're cherrypicking through action scenes and not sitting through tons of meaningless crap and bad jokes just to get to a little action.

• Like Like x 7
  6. PrimesSPARROWforever

PrimesSPARROWforever Well-Known Member

Both my husband and I felt Quintessa too easily controlled Optimus there should have been more time showing how he at least tried to fight her. That human group should have never been in the movie at all that was a waste of time; and they should have explained things more.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I wish I had just watched the robot scenes on YouTube.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I've seen it twice. Like the other movies, it's only bad when it's trying to be funny.

That said I could live without Simmons, Cogman, the young girl and Anthony Hopkins being in it. Though Simmons was the only one that was really bad in it.

Still as no one else is making Transformers movies, I've learned to ignore the silliness and focus on the positives.

• Like Like x 1
  9. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    I think they over complicate things way too much. They are getting bogged down in the mythology when they could easily simplify things...
    What ever happened to the simple idea that Megatron wants Earth's resources? That's idea could be an entire movie. You could remove most of the human parts, and create a cast of decepticons that are more than just movie monsters. That's one thing Bay and his people never seemed to understand. They are Cybertronians first...Autobots and Decepticons later...you know...factions.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Five movies in, and I'm 100% convinced no one making these movies understands anything about Transformers.

• Like Like x 7
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    That'd be a start....

If that's your goal go read IDW or watch RiD. You know, Transformers media that knows what Transformers are.

12. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Well Sentinel wanted Earth's resources to rebuild Cybertron...But yeah maybe that would still work as a spin-off at least I dunno..maybe a spin-off of the Wreckers trying to stop Shockwave from stealing resources from a planet.That would be awesome.This is just me..neither of us are right or wrong,just thoughts and ideas here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Okay, so tell me this at least, without spoiling anything, please...do they explain why Galvatron is now Megatron again? Bay's movies are notorious for changes...just because, with little to no explanation.

And...if all of the human-centered exposition acts as a build-up to the appearance of Transformers, like in the first film, I'm okay with that. I'm all about the build-up in movies, as long as it pays-off in the end. I just mostly hate Michael Bay's sense of humor, at least the crude, sexual-innuendo-fueled and or crack/speed-cocktail-invoked type that pops-up from time to time...

14. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

will someone make an all robot-cut of the series already? im curious how awesome it would be..& no, i aint the one; im a poet not a scientist

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

they would be very short movies then ...

16. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    There are so many fan cuts of the Star Wars prequels that make then so much better by cutting out all the unnecessary stuff. I'd love to see someone do something like that with the Transformers movies.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BarricadeLives

right? i think it would be so good actually

& maybe just...edit out starscream's death entirely?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

just turn all the horrible decepticon death's as non canon and let them all appear in later films. (SS,shockwave,and soundwave)

• Like Like x 1
  19. BarricadeLives

im generally against bringing back dead characters but damn those were all terrible...it's unfortunate that starscream's death is right before barricade makes his surprise return so it's kinda like...oh, great, it's barricade..who cares?

• Like Like x 1
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Nope!

Unfortunately, they don't. The movie is more about the humans than the robots, and there's no build up because there's no pacing and things happen randomly.