I'm seeing X's, first class, origins, super duper X men mega thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

okay so we have the x men trilogy, x men origins wolverine and x men first class. there are plans for a first class trilogy (first class, second class, third class) possibly an xmen 4 and an xmen 5, deadpool and the wolverine. xmen origins magneto has been cancelled so far but could be made sometime in the far future. I'm most excited for deadpool, how about you guys?

2. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    Personally, the only X-Men film I actually truly like is the first one, I think it's a good set-up for a series. I never really understood the huge amount of praise the second one gets, or the huge amount of hatred the third gets (okay, so it sucks that everyone from the first two films except Storm and Logan either dies or loses their powers, but other than that I find X3 to be decent).
    As for the prequels, I've never understood why a Wolverine spin-off was needed at all, since he was the main star in the trilogy, and First Class frustrates me because of its disregard for continuity and annoyingly rushed ending. It feels like a reboot that wants to be both a prequel and a reboot at the same time, only regarding the continuity of the 'good' ones and snubbing the 'bad' ones.

3. Crazy Ramjetty

xmen 3 was my favourite xmen movie

4. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I agree. While I enjoyed them to a point, the comic nerd in me just can't get over some very key things:

1) The X Trilogy should be renamed Wolverine, guest starring the X-Men.
    2) With some notable exceptions, the casting is all wrong. Their ages is the only problem I have with Stewart and McKellan and that's not necessarily a bad thing. The rest of the cast is all wrong.
    3) The comic nerd in me just can't get past the fact that the actual first class consisted of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Angel and Beast. Period.
    4) I hate the costume designs. I'm not saying they should wear "yellow spandex," but I would like something more comic book-y than what we got.
    5) The way they handled Dark Phoenix in X3 was awful.
    6) Jean should always choose Scott over Logan.

I haven't seen First Class yet, but it's on the short list of films I want to see that I missed in the theater.

5. The Swordsman

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that, somewhere down the road, they do a proper reboot of X-Men, rather than a preboot like First Class, in which the team consists of the original five (and maybe add Rouge or Kitty just so Jean isn't the only lady) and introduce Wolverine, Storm and Havok in sequels.
    I can see a story focusing on Jean discovering her psychic abilities, being devastated at the thought of being a mutant, but later coming to terms with it as Professor Xavier helps her control and develop her powers.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I love the Bryan Singer X-Men movies and X-Men First Class.

X- Men: Origins Wolverine is just horrifngly awful. 2009 was not a good year for blockbusters.

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I think X-Men would work so much better as serialized television. Ensemble casts, of which X-Men should be, work much better in a 22 episode per season format. That way every character can get their time in the spotlight and the kinds of season ending cliffhangers they could do would be amazing. You just can't squeeze something as massive as the X franchise into a 2 hour movie.

8. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I loved X-men 1, 2, Wolverine, and First Class. I hated X-men 3 though and I thought that the only redeeming qualities of it were the action scenes, the school training scene, the Stan Lee cameo, and the "Grow those back!" part.

9. Crazy Ramjetty

why does everyone hate x3? I thought it was the best xmen movie ever made

10. The Swordsman

News Credits:
    I think the two main problems people have with it are how Dark Phoenix was handled and, as I mentioned in my first post, things that happen to established characters, death, power loss etc., it wasn't really what fans of the first two were expecting. I thought it was okay though, nothing world-changing but still all right, Beast and Juggernaut being my personal highlights.

11. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My biggest problem with X-Men 3 is Brett Ratner.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    X3's biggest flaw was killing off Cyclops and Proffesor Xavier.

Also I hate how Cyclops is never given any real respect anymore. It's Wolverine this and that. Don't get me wrong i like Wolverine but i'm kinda fed up oif him hogging up everyone else's screen time.

This is mainly the reason why i thought Wolverine and the X-Men was crap. Wolverine should never be the leader (it just doesn't sound right) and worst of all the only reason he leads is because of Prof. X's coma and then flashfoward into the future stuff (which was cool) but it turn they had to make him a whiny jerk. (Also they removed Jean Grey out of the picture to do so)

Don't get me wrong I wish they had made the second season just to see the Age of Apocolypse and more importantly Deadpool's very own episode.

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Best X-Men movie I have seen is First Class, follow closely by X2, X1, then X3 and Origins Wolverine (what a pile of poo that was). I want there to be sequels for FC asap and I want the same director for all three. Vaugh did an unbelievable job for FC despite the time crunch and I am sure he can do an even better job next time.