I'm seeing a potential overlap problem in the near future...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicronsupreme, Apr 5, 2008.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I don't know how long animated is planning on running for, or how many universe figures they intend to make, but it seems to me like those two lines and movie '09 could be fighting for shelf space and make if very difficult to find some figures. Do you think they'll pause animated and universe for movie 2? The current movie line has run almost a whole year now, I'd hate to see them stop selling animated toys for a whole year. I also think it would be bad for the franchise to expect customers to come back after a whole year.

Opinions?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a pretty good bet Universe will be "yielding the floor" to movie '09.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, think of universe as the filler line. the movie and cartoon line is seasonal, with universe padding out the brand as the 2nd tier sub line.

TF has always had a sub line be it in the form of universe or titaniums or alternators. so hasbro has practised this marketing previously in one form or another. no biggie.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at this thread...

...that pretty much lines up with when the new Movie is set to be released. I'd imagine the decision for whether to keep one or both of the lines going, along with the Movie 2 toys, will depend on sales figures. If Animated sells really well and there's high demand, they might decide to extend its run in the same way that the Movie 1 toyline was extended. Universe/Classics is probably doomed to a hiatus in summer 2009, given that it's a collector-focused line and, as such, probably won't generate the sales figures needed to justify keeping three lines on the shelf at the same time.