i'm really sorry

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Feb 26, 2009.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

but I just got the Universe Cyclonus, and it is freaking amazing. This is my first universe toy and I am very impressed. I haven't really thrown down on the toys recently, just the occasional G1 Encores (like Jazz, Silverstreak, and Kup), but there's so much detail and the transformation is just awesome. I think in one of the more recent podcasts Vangelus said the engineering on these figures has def improved a lot over the years, and I agree entirely. What's your favorite universe toy and why?

2. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Cyclonus is a great figure. My personal fave is the Starscream mold. Great engineering and PERFECT update. I will warn you though once you start collecting Classics/Universe it is hard to stop. :) 

3. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently got the cyclonus too. He was my first Universe figure and I was so impressed with it I have since loaded up and bought many more. It is hard to pick a favorite but if I had too right now it would be Sideswipe. In my opinion it is the best Sideswipe ever made. Even the legends class they are doing are kickass, I picked up Beachcomber, Wheelie, Cosmos, and Warpath. Still trying to track down legends Bumblebee and Brawn.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Torn between Cyclonus and Starscream. I've also shortlisted Onslaught.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

The Universe Classics are awesome.

Don't really have much of a favorite at the moment. But I find myself not digging Powerglide's figure.

6. Bruticus_42

Bruticus_42 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Almost the entire line is flawless! Almost!! I wish the guns on the new SS would stay on better. The wing on the black Powerglide always pops off. I wish Galvatron's paint job was better, but I love how they repainted BB, much better look, and more Seekers! Please!!!! Sunstorm, the purple clone, the darker blue one, keep em coming! I do like the Japanese ones however, I have the Prime, Megatron and Astrotrain and they look a lot better with those paint jobs!

7. Bruticus_42

Bruticus_42 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Don't appologize for that statement, Cyclonus is one the best in that line! Bar none!!

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Why so sorry?

9. Goldbot

Goldbot Deceptibot-predimal

I really love the Minibot legends. I found wave 5 today, didn't get Rodimus.

10. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Cyclonus is without a doubt, one of the best TFs ever made, and I'm not joking when I say that. I'm not a G1 fan by any means, but hot damn, if they remade them all in Universe with this engineering, I'd be all over them like white on rice.

Hells yes.

That said, I have one major crit. I cannot stand his legs in vehicle mode. They're fidgety and it drives me nuts trying to get it just right. Pisses me off.

The other thing that gets me about Universe is, when it was under the Classics name, the figures were nice, but nothing outstanding (which is part of the reason why I got rid of 'em, the other reason was the BC Seekers...) but for some reason...Universe is just insane. The figures are like another level of quality and design.

Dinobot is another figure worth searching for, if you find him, buy him, you won't be disappointed. Fantastic looking to boot.

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Hound would be perfect if his arms were longer

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cyclonus is wicked cool!! Another good figure is all of em.... Yup, all the universe figures are awsoem, cept for cheetor. He's just ok. And I haven't picked onslaught up yet so I can't comment on him. Though the only complaint I have is that the cons are sorely outmatched in firepower here. Just sittin here lookin @ them makes me drool a lil, lol.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, Cyclonus is awesome. As for my favorite, it's Hot Rod. I haven't really gravitated to that character (I got his TC reissue and Revoltech belatedly, compared to other figures in the same lines) but I grabbed his Classics and loved it. Vehicle mode is slick, and I really dig the robot mode. It's a nice badass figure. If I were a kid, I'd put him second in command of my Classics Autobots instead of Ironhide or Magnus or Jazz or anyone else. I have the Henkei, and the chrome just adds to its greatness, for me.

Runners-up for me are Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen.

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Uhm... the thread title needs a fixin'.

Yes, Cyclonus is full of awesomesaucey win. I've been more than happy with the Universe/Classics figures.

15. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

BEST. LINE. EVER.

Lets count the top 5 WINS!!!

5. 3D Ravage
    4. Shoulder Cannons... Theeerrre HEEEeerrrrreee!
    3. Megatron a GUN again??? FTW!!!!
    2. Ironhide/Ratchet has a HEAD!
    1. CITY COMMANDER bitches!!!!!!!

Damn, I could go on and on about each individual toy in this main line. So many superb figures!

16. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Yeah Cyclonus is truly a great figure. No serious flaws that couldn't be excused. Really all of the Classics/Universe line is great- especially for kitbashers :ev: 

17. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

Cyclonus is straight pimpin' I have to say I love the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold. To get two fairly different 'bots from this mold with only minor tweaking was a stroke of genius. Henkei Classics Megatron? Awesome. I need one badly. Nearly all of the Universe/Classics figures have been topnotch. Even the bad ones are better than anything most of the previous lines(except maybe Energon, Cybertron and Animated) could come up with.

18. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    cool things about transformers action figure collecting in the modern day:
    1. Peg hole weapons 5mm standard. Hasbro is trying to phase this out for realistic hands But in other toylines that try for realisim They can't hold their gear nearly as well. Universe ironhide had a need compromise though. A gun that slides over the hand.

2. Solid plastic construction. Its substantial, making the joints hold together. Its why I stoped collecting gundams and moved back into collecting transformers; it stays together.

3. Homages! Takara is'nt really that big on it. But hasbro has a team that reveres the brands rich history; universe and animated would'nt be very much to me if the characters weren't so recognizably nostalgic.

19. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Skyfire.
    Always has been, always will be.
    I never dreamed we would ever see a toy version of this character that wasn't custom made. Years later I still can't believe it.

I have both versions of course. =P

20. OdeeanRDeathshead

OdeeanRDeathshead Infiltrator

I love Bumblebee most from all the classics. Except for Galvatron and Acidstorm all the rest are fantastic. I just wish I had bought a city commander set when it came out. It is my dream that one day we will get classics Arcee.