I'm really sick about how these movies are about Optimus and Bumblebee.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Ok, they're cool but c'mon the Autobots are a team and not just those two. Everyone else is just like redundant. What about Ratchet and Ironhide and everyone else. They're on the team too. The movies are call TRANSFORMERS but it just seems centred on those two. What do you think?

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Aren't the movies more about Sam?

3. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I guess. But look at the poster. Movie 1) Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee Movie 2) Optimus and Bumblebee running.

4. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with sam...

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The thing I've noticed is that Hollywood has a rough time lately making a team movie. It's just really tough to find a film where it feels like a whole team and not just shine the spot light on one or two characters.

Just look at how Breaker and Heavy Duty get shoved aside in Rise of Cobra because they were among the few characters not connected to Cobra Commander somehow in that horrible script.

Perhaps team movies are just harder to write than a film that just focuses on a few characters. Which make me wonder how they are going to pull off The Avengers movie since it's a team full of characters with their own movies.

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I beg to differ on the team thing. Look at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They worked as a team, as well as XMen, and Fantastic Four.
    It can be done. I think they focused on O.P and BB because their the two most popular of the Autobots. It would be nice to feature them as a whole and maybe they will in TF3. Personally, I'd like more characters. But then again, maybe adding more characters will make it harder to bring them all together as a team.

7. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I appreciate the irony of this statement when one looks at the picture in your signature, an image that clearly focuses on Optimus Prime and has Bumble Bee in the foreground. Ratchet, however, is mostly obscured and Ironhide is cut off.

[​IMG]

Yes, your statement is absolutely brilliant when coupled with your signature.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everybody loves Bumblebee :thumb 

9. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I hated how Bumblebee got sidelined in ROTF for the Twins, and how they replaced the Sam/Bumblebee bond with a sudden one between Sam/Prime. I hope the third one refocuses on Sam and Bee's friendship.

Other than that, yeah, I do really, really wish they would make the third more of a team movie - I would especially love more Ironhide since he's my favorite Autobot, but I'd like more Sideswipe and Ratchet, too.

A large part of the problem with the second movie is that it was split between two Autobot factions - and the one with Sam got the most screentime because he's the lead character. One of my biggest wishes for the third movie is that they find a way to bring Sam, Mikaela and Bee in with everyone else (NEST Autobots, Lennox and Epps) for the majority of the movie. They need to keep all those characters together as much as they can, then screen time would be less of a problem.

10. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I know right... I want them to be about Soundwave.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    It's all about marketing core characters. For better sales. And it works.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    is this not the same problem in almost all movies were a team is involved..some say almost nothing, some are just cannon fodder etc etc....get used to it. Hollywood aint goign to change it . then ad the fact they want to sell toys and OP and BB sells.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Optimus and Bumblebee are the main characters after all.

It would be like making a Batman film and then focusing entirely on Commissioner Gordon and Alfred for the whole film instead of on Batman and Robin.

Granted you can focus on other characters more than the films have done, but from where I'm sitting, those two are the main characters, so they'll always be near center stage. Save the focus on the sideline characters for the tie-in comics which are aimed at guys like us who care about the third from the right in the big battle sequence.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Good God yes.

15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Optimus and Bumblebee Have a more larger fanbase than the other autobots (thats what i think)

16. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Its ok that Its Optimus but Fuck bee and sam... Let have Ironhide and SPIKE on the poster... x-D

17. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thing is, the movies are an ensemble.

First time round, the main characters clearly consisted entirely of the humans, plus Bumblebee, with certain hanging major characters in the hackers (believe me, it happens, LOTR doesn't even mention Faramir and Eowyn getting married and they had lots of screentime). In ROTF, the main cast does consist of Sam, Mikaela, 'Bee, Leo, Simmons, the Twins and Wheelie (the hanging characters this time), while everyone else has big Brando-esque extended cameos (Prime, Megs, Screamer, Jetfire, Fallen, Soundwave, Devastator) or merely hang around because they were in the first one and to justify your ticket.

So you know, it's just the movies don't focus on whom you want them to focus on. I'm wondering, what would've ROTF been like if, like Hellboy 2, it dumped the human pov character and was a film solely about the creatures and a few human allies?

18. S.A.A.M.

S.A.A.M. Beta-Maximus

If the movies (or any series) are mostly about Prime, is that a bad thing? I really don't think so. I would prefer more of an ensemble, but if you have to follow just one character, then why not the leader of the Autobots?

And I disagree about X-Men being an ensemble (from earlier post) because all 3 of the movies were really about Wolverine. 4 movies if you count X-Men Origins.

19. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol 

:LOLOL

20. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

I hate that to, I want to see more of Ratchet, Me and My Friend always said We were like Ironhide and Ratchet.

Yeah were nerds but at least were nerds with friends.