i'm pretty pissed about this...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Worlds Smallest Bruticus

so, i won that auction. only 99 cents...which is sweet...get the package today....open it up...theres the figure...nothing else...not even newspaper as packing material...shipped priority mail, 1 pound...i check on USPS website, and thats only 4.60...yet, i got charge 12.90...8.30 more then it actually cost...and i understand handling fee's but thats just rediculous

if i had only paid 7 for shipping, i wouldnt worry about it, a buck or two for handling is okay...but 8? jeez...i'm emailing the guy to get a refund and see what he says....

Below is the email i am going to send...but before i do, does anyone have suggestions? or comments? or is it fine the way it is?

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
  3. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    yea.. that's what people do a lot of ebay.. they have low starting bids because they balance it with overpriced shipping fees.. that's how they make their money. Not sure if you can do anything about it though, but I've never heard anyone report on excess shipping before.. just complain to people.

Let us know if you do .. and what happens

4. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you get insurance? It says it was included as well. Not that it's going to make up the $8 difference. Personally, I'm of the mind, you knew what you were getting into when you bid on the auction since it's clearly stated on there.

But if you're going to pursue a refund I think your email is fine.

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Huh, I thought reporting it was more well known. eBay refers to it as circumventing fees and have an exclusive page for reporting it (see that link I posted); not just the generic customer service contact form. Paypal even has it as an option for filing Paypal disputes.

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    no, no insurance...it did have the delivery confirmation though...but thats only .60 i think...so, regardless its still way over what it should be...and normally i wouldnt make a big stink, as i did read the auction beforehand, but i figure with shipping like that there would be bubble wrap or something to protect the figure, not just throwing it into a box and shipping it...

7. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Did the figure come all banged up when it was promised new? If it came trashed, then you should definitely put up a stink.

If it looks good to you and you're happy with it.. then I'd just let it go.. assuming that you only cared about the lack of material invested to secure your item..

just my .02

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I feel for you as I feel the same way about over-charging on shipping, but that's not even that wide of a margin.

The nasty continual experience I have is, being in Canada, having US sellers charge for USPS Priority or Express and then using First Class.

That way they always charge $15-45 shipping when it only actually ends up costing them $2.50-8. 45-8 = 37! $37 pocketed while the seller/scammer breaks ebay rules by switcherooing the shipping method. It's happened to me. Too many times.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say the most you can do is complain about the shippeing methods and leave it at that. That's a bit more then it should be yet it's still a very small amount of money, and you promised to pay that. The auctioner lied about how much it actually cost him to ship it, but he didn't lie about how much he was going charge you.

10. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

Watch out, if you push him he may leave a negitive on you.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    This happens to me on almost every US purchase now :( 

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, you canadian dudes have it rough...anytime i ship there, i ask what they prefer, and usually its the cheaper route...and if thats the case, thats all i charge...i just really get ticked at major gouging...and i honestly dont mind a dollar or two, where theres handling or packaging charges.