I'm predicting 1 Billion total box-office gross for TF2.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ganymede2010, Jul 3, 2008.

1. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm maybe. maybe yes or maybe not.

2. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:

The amount of hate for the movie is indeed minimal. The general going public liked this movie. The only people who hated it was a small handful of Transformers fanboys and that number is insignificant.

Regardless of how much hate they put towards Transformers, they are still going to watch Transformers 2 no matter what.

It was good that Michael Bay made the movie geared towards the non-fans otherwise it wouldn't have generated the amount it did. Imagine if it was made so hardcore that the general movie going public didn't understand what the hell was going on. They would say "cool action but I didn't know what the hell the story was about". And then the bad word of mouth about that would spread and thus lower the box office take.

3. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

combine the two and you have a new super thing:

ASSHAT

^^^^^ it is that awesome^^^^^^

for bullshit number figures anyway.....

4. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

it is june 26th...

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Whoops, my bad, I mean june 26

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Considering part 1 of a film franchise is the ad for part 2 then the shift this time is not so much to get people in as it is to just get people back. That takes a lot of the work out of the pitch to the public. Unless they nuke the fridge this go round and word gets out quickly then there really isn't much to stop a larger box office.

How big is a heck of a question though because the general public can be a fickle lot. Maybe they haven't gotten enough of a Transformers popcorn film or maybe they will feel like been there done that. No way to tell until the film is actually out. So it might get lots of repeat business or it might be one people watch just once.

You've also got to factor in what gets released after Transformers. If no other big popcorn film gets released the next week then Transformers gets another weekend on top. If one of the rivals releases a big popcorn film right after on the 4th then Transformers might only get one week on the top.

As to the second film being fan friendly, I just don't see it happening. Maybe down the franchise road when the creative team changes we might see a fan friendly Transformers crop up, but I just don't see it out of the current team.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

You're logic seems a bit fuzzy there. Have you ever seen a movie called....What's it called again...Oh Yea, Spiderman? It's a pretty popular comic book franchise if I understand correctly, and though the three movies deviates from the comic books all in all the three films were also very faithful to the subject matter (a little less in 3 I'll admit.), and you could tell that movies were geared for both the fans and the Joe Everyman.
    Also another good movie which follows this example is Ironman. Again it catered both to the fans and the average viewer. And of The Incredible Hulk, and other comic book based movie, are pretty good examples. I could go on but let's make this short.
    Now, compared Transformers 2007 (which I think most people count as a comic book based movie) which was not very faithful to the fans (it was a little I'll give it that) and catered more to the people who confused Megamus Prime and Optitron up still walked away not knowing what the heck they watched, because all the movie was, was a pop corn flick without any really plot, and just special effects.
    But then again in this day and age all you really need to make a great movie is put enough pretty lights in it, and that will satisfy the masses enough I guess.

8. travisracer1

travisracer1 Member

I think the 2007 transformers movie well represented the comics and the cartoons.Now im still new to this but from watching the cartoons on youtube and i really see where alot simlar between g1 and 07 live action.Sure there was changes made but what comic book character hasnt gotten some changes for the big screen.Im big fan of the comic book movies that are out there.Blade,Iron Man,X Men and etc.I think bay did one hell of a job bringing the transformers to life on the big screen and i think revenge of the fallen will bring a even bigger box office then the first one did.This is just my two cents and hope everyone had a great fourth of july.

Travis F

9. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I don't know how much Spider-Man or Iron Man deviated from the original comics but those are great movies. According to what the movies suggest and what people have said, they don't deviate from the comics that much, if at all or they are a more simplified version of the comics. Anyways, both Iron Man worked because they had characters with personalities and we actually cared for them. Even if you're not a fan of the comics, the movie was still very enjoyable for both. In fact I don't think its that hard to NOT deviate from the original stories because all you really need is the origins and a decent villain for the hero to deal with and some action.

Transformers on the other hand, lets be honest, was lots of fun but, although I'm a Michael Bay fanboy, its really not a movie with lots of substance. Its just an action spectacle.

Apparently the way it works is that, you can have a great story with great characters and very little action and you can make a big box office success IE Iron Man. Or you can have a big action spectacle that is driven by VFX and little story and you can still make a big box office success.

Imagine if TF2 had both a great story with alotta heart AND great action.....you got gold

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I predict that this new movie will make some money.

That is all I plan to predict.

11. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

The movie could make $1 billion. Hell, optimistically it could blow away the competition for the year. It's all in your marketing of the movie and how you do it. I know Mr. Bay is going to hype this movie up better than the first one, making people so anxious they can barely hold their bladders. And the movie itself with the money it made on the first should have better characterization, a bigger plot, and all that good stuff that would make it a kick-ass movie.

For his sake he had better back up the hype or else he's going to be faced with some real dissappointing results.

Also I think the movie should be released on July 1, 2009. June seems to early.

12. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldn't a trailer that showed Devastator kicking ass accomplish that? Or a shot showing Soundwave dispatching ravage on some poor unsuspecting Autobot. The positive buzz started to generate after he released the first trailer. Showing Starscream Transform was awe inspiring the first time we saw it. And just seeing or hearing Soundwave would drive the fanbase nuts! I can't wait to see what he has in store.