I'm pissed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, Mar 14, 2006.

1. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I threw a surprise birthday party for my friend this past Sunday with the help of my friend's buddy from work. My friend's buddy essentially was responsible for inviting all of my friend's work friends since I don't know any of them. Wound up having 30 adults show up. (Special thanks have to go out to the 7 people who didn't bother to RSVP. Not like having to provide food and drinks to 7 extra people at the last minute is a big f'ing deal eh?) It was a hectic party to say the least and I worked my ass off the entire time.

But to the point, in my garage, for the party, I set up my ping pong table with paddles, balls, etc. and left the lock off one of my beer taps so people could help themselves to one of my kegs of beer. What I didn't expect was for four of these guests to spend the entire damn party (4+ hours) in the garage drinking my entire keg of beer. Yes, between four of them, they drank my entire 5 gallons (approx 51 12 oz bottles) of beer. Well, they actually stuck their heads out long enough to eat the food I bought and prepared but that's it.

Just asked my friend and he said he didn't even know two of them.

People rock. :banghead: 

*edit* For reference, the beer cost $50 or so plus my time and effort over the last month. It's a bit cheaper than buying that much at the store, but mine is much better in terms of quality and taste.

2. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Ummm... sorry about that Drippy. I just really like playing ping-pong drunk.

3. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

That's what Heineken is for.

The least they could have done was bothered to bring drinks or food...

4. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

That's the kicker about throwing a party where you provide everything. You hope people will be cool and bring stuff out of thanks, but you always get a few dicks who don't.

I remember when I lived in a house with 4 friends, we used to throw partys 5 or 6 times a year. We would provide stuff for people we knew who were either too poor, or couldn;t get to an LCBO in time, but anybody who just showed up, it was a different story. We took to watching them around the fridge and bar, stopping them in their tracks if they tried to nab free booze. They didn't stay too long after a few foiled attempts.

5. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

for some reason the fact that your name is Drippy and a beer keg is involved makes this whole story kinda funny

but on a more serious note, that blows man

6. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Damn that sucks. They must have seen the Wedding Crashers to many times and decided hitting your party would be good enough.

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    And this is why I'm not looking foward to our wedding reception. We are trying to limit the invites to people that won't pull a 12 extra person invite.

Hard with our families.

8. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

beats the sexual connotation eh? :p 

I guess I have high expectations of people...like you know, they have basic manners.

I've definitely learned my lesson.

1. I'm not doing this kind of party again.

2. If I'm stupid enough to forget and do this kind of party again, I'm locking up all my taps. You want a beer? You come to ME for the key.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    We had a party like that about a month ago for my girlfriend's best friend's birthday. We invited all of our close friends, and all of her best friend's close friends, whom we knew few of.

Guess who thought that when someone throws a party, it must mean that booze is provided for everyone? Her friend's friends. All of our close friends brought their own drinks, while the 20 or so others brought absolutely NOTHING (not one of them), and drank everything we had in the fridge and bar, and I mean everything. 5-6 bottles of good wine, all my rum, gin, expensive vodkas, you name it. Gone.

Lesson learned? Never invite those damn people back again. At least our mutual friends had class enough to bring their own.

10. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I would have even been okay with them drinking everything had they at least brought something...even a bday present for my friend. Seemed like everyone just showed up for the free stuff. Ah well.

11. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Yeah, there are always freeloaders at the type of party you described. I'd just lock up the taps and tell everyone to BYOB.

12. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Next time, throw some laxative into the batch and invite them over for beers.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Damned freeloaders...

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I had to read the first post twice to really figure out what the damage was. At first glance, drip, you're describing a relatively run-of-the-mill party; at least some people will show up who crash the thing and leave you going "Aw, come on..."

...however, I noticed that the insult-to-injury here was that it was your brewed beer. That's what changed it. If I had thrown a party like this and a bunch of folks had just chugged down some, I dunno, anything from like Natty Lite to Heinekin, I would have just shrugged it off as a few party-goers really enjoying themselves. However, if it had been beer I had brewed - a product I had put work into and was proud of - yeah, I would have been pretty pissed as well.

I've read some of your posts and, from what I've gleaned, it takes somewhere around...what, 4-6 months to brew a keg-sized batch of beer? If so, maybe those party crashers owe you 4-6 months of help making a new brew...

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    whos gonna get rid of the stink in the bath later?

16. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

The kicker was I made the batch specifically for my friend. Brown ales are his favorites. He didn't even get any...

In fact, the story I used to get my friend over to the house was that we were going to brew that specific ale.

17. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I hate free loaders, thats why if any of them ever show up to any of my parties I ask for money or they can leave and be raped my beard.

18. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Bastards, if anyones going to drink all your home-brew, it's going to be me!

Seriously dude i'm sorry to hear that, bunch of dicks. If your going to a party you should always bring atleast some of your own drink if you plan to drink theres. Its incredibly harsh to just go and drink their stash without offering anyting atall in return...

19. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

That story is just wrong. That is always why if there is ever a party I always bring some booze to the party.

20. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    That's why you gotta be a dick and tell the freeloaders to get the fuck out.

Especially jerkoffs who finished a whole keg between the 4 of them, damn!