I'm pissed off at Google and TRU

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LadyStarscream, Feb 13, 2007.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I place an order for Soundwave who was back in stock along with 2 other action figures. I use google checkout to get the 10.00 off my order, then I get the notification from TRU that my Soundwave order has been cancelled, but they have shipped my other 2 items which equal 7.99 total, not enough to keep my 10.00 google coupon, but google wont give me another one because by their records I've already used it. My credit card has been billed for the full amount, still no credit for the missing soundwave. I never would have ordered the other 2 items, I just did because I was already ordering soundwave and was getting 10.00 off. Had I known that Soundwave would be out of stock I would have ordered an additional item for 2-3 dollars to meet the google quota or ordered nothing at all. So, I lose soundwave, I lose my 10.00 coupon, I get stuck paying 8.00 to ship 8.00 worth of items that I dont want for 16.00 and my credit card is still charged for Soundwave. I'm pissed off.

2. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Yeah, everyone is having trouble with them. I'm reconsidering getting Soundwave just because I'm having so much trouble with them. They dont always email me when its back in stock. Sometimes I get emails about it being back in stock but by the time I get there, it says it is sold out. And then I see people on the forums talking abotu how it was back in stock for a while and they ordered it, but I check my email and I got no notification. But then a few days later ill get a notification and I'll again see no soundwave. And now it seems ike it hasnt been in stock for a real long time. I'm about to just order a movie prime protoform from walmart instead.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

This is why I just waited for it to be in store. The only reissues to be scarce were the first wave Prime and second wave Starscream. Eveything else was pretty abundant as I figured this would be.

And Sideswipe doesn't count.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This is why I don't buy anything online, at all. I'm never to busy to go out and buy something in a store. That and I don't see the need to buy something online when you can go out and get it faster. Unless I find something that can only be bought online from my position, than I'll never need to buy something from the net. Peace out.

5. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I had to wait awhile but I finally got mine from my preorder. But yeah...I don't think I'll be ordering from TRU.com again. Just too many questions when it comes to them.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sorry to hear LS, that sucks. Let's go kill geoffrey

7. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

I'm not quite in a situation as bad as yours, but the ONE Transformer I want right now more than any other, is sold out everywhere, including TRU's website, and their "Notify me when in stock" link is totally borked. There's also no e-mail contact option, so if I wanted to report the broken feature or ask about availability, I'd probably have to sit on hold for a few years.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    This whole Soundwave reissue has turned out to be a nightmare for a lot of people. I ordered one from another site in December when things started falling apart. I did out of impatience and fear of not getting one (I wanted this to be reissue since I found Prime at TRU years ago) I feel bad for those having issues getting but I am sure it will work out for you eventually.

As for LS I am sorry for you because you got screwed worse than anyone I have seen.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Go check your TRUs today. There are reports from all over the place that they're out on shelves this week. Even I saw four of 'em yesterday, and it's been dead TF-wise here since Christmas.

10. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I am growing impatient with tru.com!

It has been out of stock for like two weeks on the site, and my local TRU does not seem to ever have any.

Anybody have any word on when it may be back in stock on the site? I remember that somebody here had talked to TRU people about the site at some point...I wonder if they have any extra useful information.

11. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I thought he was confirmed dead several years ago??

12. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

So uh... the TRU.com soundwave page is gone... :( 

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    im gonna hit my TRU today, id love to find soundwave....but doubt i will...

14. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

yea i had it in my wishlist.. it was gone then ichecked on the website where its usually at and it was also gone.. this blows.. well at least for those that do not have it

15. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Tomorrow i'll go to my local TRU (which had none last time i checked) and then a farther one to see if they have it there. If it isn't at either of those and never comes back online, I guess no Soundwave for me :(  I wish my original order hadnt been cancelled

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This whole thing would be much easier to get threw if Soundwave wasn't a TRU exclusive. I'd love to get one, but I don't buy stuff online, ever, and I don't get the chance to get out to TRU but a couple of times a year. Peace out.