Heavy/Scratch: I'm on the third planet. Chase me!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fakebusker83, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ampstik

ampstik Well-Known Member

justice indeed!!the amount of attention to detail is amazing!!awesome job!!!

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    he's awesome. Love the circuits on the roof and great idea on the conversion.

3. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

you can make a fan fic with that story
    :popcorn  and i love the custom its amazing!

:) 

4. Rubicon

Rubicon Rubi Red

News Credits:
    paint job looks awesome. love all the additions too.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Do you happen to have movie Jazz' weapon around? Someone used it for their Sideways (don't remember who) and it worked quite well. Maybe you could try and use that as well?

6. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks Solrac! Don't worry about the Sideways haters. His spark will descend upon them while they sleep and bless them with pure robot love. Their minds will be transformed by the sheer awesomeness, and they will awaken to build him a temple with a golden roof.

Outside it, they'd set up Sideswipe effigies and burn them, dancing naked all the while.

Phew.

I'm glad you guys love the story. I always wanted to explore what happened that caused the Sideways/Sideswipe rivalry and my original draft was to have a 'bully in the academy' plotline, similar to the rivalry between TFA Bumblebee and Wasp. Too bad my penmanship skills are not trained enough to do the story justice :eek: 

When F_R thinks it's awesome, busker will ascend to seventh level NIRVANA :) 
    Joke aside, I really appreciate the comment. Thank you so much!

But if it's ok, can I ask how do you keep your customs resistant to the rigors of transformation? I spend so much time waiting for paint to cure and harden, but I'm so let down by how easily they scrape off.

I know you recommend enamels. How do they compare to lacquers? Also, what kind of final coat do you use or you can make do without it?

Yeah, I'm squeezing too many questions into too short a space. I shall pause now.

Thanks guys! Remember to look at the flickr link, there are more pictures there...

7. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In fact I do have Jazz's weapon, and I do know which custom you are talking about.

It's just that I really wanted it to launch stuff, so I can't abide Jazz's gun :eek: 
    It's meant to be an action figure after all!

Let me consolidate enough energy in my ass to get it off the floor and do a 2nd version, and we'll see what I'll come up with :) 

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Ah, alright. :lol  I must say, I really admire your persistence to still have it be an action figure in some way. :thumb 

9. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    fakebusker..... you are seriously turning into one of my favorite customizers. You are really stepping up the ranks of awesomeness. When I saw the thread for this I was actually like "OOOO, another fakebusker custom!!". Your Sideways custom has set a new standard. Love the 3D logos.... WOW. This and your Megatron inspire so much.

Your work is amazing. Hands down.

10. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

I really like this custom, especially when it comes to alt. mode. Nice work!

11. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still, with all the paint rub issues, he just might have to stay on my shelf in bot mode forever... :cry 
    Transforming him was a hair-raising experience.

Janeails, a man who just *might* be as slow as me :lol 
    But that's a joke. A deluxe figure cannot be compared to the monstrosity in your basement, and I mean that in the best way possible. Have you started painting him yet?

And thank you for the kind words, but who is this fakebusker you're talking about? Do I know him? :lol  I'm just a normal guy sitting right here staring at birds...

I've seen your work, and for you to like this one I'm terrifically honoured. Thanks! Someday I hope to reach the skill level of you guys...

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Dude, don't think too lowly of yourself! You are definately one of the best custom artists! The paintwork, figure modding you do are excellent, to say nothing of your mindblowing electrical skills. I love how you always beautifully incorporate those, and the effect they have. :rock  The only thing I'd personally like to see from you is something with a bit more color, since so far we've seen largely silver/gunmetal pieces from you. Spice it up a little! :lol 

13. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Hey, enough with the modesty, give credit where credit is due: To YOURSELF. This thing is beautiful.

14. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :bay :rock :music :rock :bay 

15. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    HAHA!!! Dude, you've already pumped out at least 2 customs before I can finish one. You're traveling at lightning speed compared to me. :) 

To answer your question....no.....not yet sadly. I am still in the measuring out decals stage. Life kicks in from time to time and takes over :-(. Ahhhhh, the joys of home-ownership. With spring rolling in here in Ohio, there's a lot of things to begin doing around the house, and the custom will have to take a back seat. I'm still shooting for a June 1 deadline, but I am confident that I can beat that. Still, snail's pace for me. Wish I could do it for a living, or a little more focused on it. Oh well. That's why I enjoy looking at your customs. I am living vicariously through you!!! Keep it up. Big fan.

Holla 1983!!!

16. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

did you use the deluxe or HA barricade?

17. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's true, I tend towards monochromatic art. Must have been my upbringing I guess. I kept drawing in pencil when young. Will experiment with more colours next time :) 

Thanks!

Well, I have a full time job too. I have to squeeze whatever free nights I have into customs. But it's better for me cuz the Singaporean climate is SUPER HOT, and working evening is much more pleasant. Plus therapeutic.

Oh no. This is deluxe Sideways...

18. jetfire4321

jetfire4321 Banned

it wouldnt hurt if you made a ha sideways

19. perceptowave

perceptowave Shop-N-Chop-Detailer

My hats off to you!! This is one mighty fine custom!

20. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Sweet, dude!!!!!