I'm now having this looming feeling that Vortex is gonna join...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    We knew the Combaticons and Bruticus were showing up in FoC; cool deal. We found out that Vortex was going to have his own level to play as; ok, pretty cool, interesting choice, but aiight. Now seeing him getting a Kre-O set to himself, but nothing yet announced of the other Combaticons...curious...

This is strictly speculation, and far from any sort of confirmation, but I'm now getting a tad of a tickle we may see Vortex get some TFP spotlight soon enough (with or without his team mates); he seems to be getting an interesting amount of love, lately.

Likely coincidental (thus, unrelated), Vortex DID also get his own figure (albeit a retooling) in the Japanese run of DotM (which I want, SORELY); I don't think that necessarily indicates any connection to the Aligned stuff, just interesting.

Thoughts? Desires? Debauchery?

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I hope so just because new characters are always welcome.

Even though we need some fucking Autobots already.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'm skeptical, but it would be no weirder than Swindle showing up in Animated.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's not a far off possiblty actually.

Seeing how the writers said about having combiners later on with FOC being connceted in a way I wouldn't be suprised if he does show up.

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Well, it's not like a guy without their traditional combiner team is a new thing. In the Movies, both Brawl and Bonecrusher are independant, and we had Swindle in Animated.

It would be cool for Vortex to show up. Helicopters are always such nice additions to the menagerie of jets.

SBlackout is right though; we need some more Autobots!

6. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    To be fair, there is far from any indication that Bonecrusher was a member of the Constructicons, or Brawl as a member of the Combaticons. We saw Cyclonus in Armada and he had no connection to Unicron, muchless a Bombshell or Skywarp.

I know Swindle was something very specifically added, meant to lead to the introduction to other Combaticons. Vortex, on the other hand, is MEANT to be part of a team, that Hasbro seems to be pushing a fair amount (which I LOVE! Especially the TFP-ified Bruticus design for that MMO.), it just seems curious how much attention they seem to be giving Vortex. I mean, Brawl was in WFC, but likely due to his addition in the movies (as he was alongside Barricade). Brawl, Onslaught and Swindle all have reasons to get some spotlight, but Vortex and Blast Off, not so much (especially not Blast Off due to the weird old pairing of a Space Shuttle; I LOVE that he's gonna be a fighter jet in this continuity).

Either way, it seems unusual, but I believe it's because Hasbro's planning something fairly big for him, which I welcome (especially if they incorporate his G1-versions passion for torture/interrogation).

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

True, but we do know Bonecrusher is absent from the Devastator line-up and, well, isn't a construction vehicle at least, so it's safe to assume his Movie incarnation isn't a Constructicon. Brawl, well, we never did see anyone else related to him (Though Blackout was considered as Vortex in the development stages)

I would agree that Vortex, if introduced on his own, may lead up to something epic, though they might not give him the passion for torture; after all, he wouldn't be the only helicopter to try the sadistic stuff.

8. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I'm afraid I don't follow.

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Airachnid.

10. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Gotcha.

I definitely know: an interesting character is an interesting character. If they bring in Vortex solo, keep 'em interesting. If they bring in the rest of the keep keep 'em ALL interesting.

I'd definitely love the latter, especially if they got a whole angle to themselves, being a small elite military strike team, finding the Autobot base and wrecking their day/operations.

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Oh, I agree. I'd love to see the Combaticon working as an elite unit outside of the typical chain of command, similar to the Wreckers, but far more compact. It'd be great! :D 

12. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Meh.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actualy kind of want Blast Off to show up again. He was such a pompous gasbag he could be amusing in a posh way and it would be interesting what vehicle mode they would give him (let's be honest the space shuttle just won't cut it)

14. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    His interaction with Vortex in that FoC clip show off his lack-of-team-work attitude. I loved how they were playing him off, but at the same time, that's definitely someone I DON'T want to work with.

As for the alt-form, if this image is of any indication, he's gonna be a fighter jet (MUCH better!). :D 

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind him showing up, but is he going to replace Airachnid or is he just going to show up?

16. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    My guess is that Megatron demans his/the Combaticons' "specialties" (whatever they may be), but wouldn't necessarily be "replacing" anyone in-canon.

17. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I'd like Vortex. He can easily replace Airachnid, and lead the Helicoptor Vehicons seen in the DS/Wii Prime game.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^this.

19. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Vortex would be cool.