"I'm not too good with names and faces,"

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Jan 15, 2012.

?

When and Should Lockdown be Introduced Into Prime

1. Lockdown should be introduced in Season 2 or Season 3

52 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Who is Lockdown?

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. No, Lockdown should not be introduced into Prime.

39 vote(s)
    40.6%
  1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

"But I never forget a trophy." :D 

Despite the presence of Airachnid, a character shown to be much like everybody's favorite ex-Autobot bounty hunter; I believe the addition of Lockdown could work very VERY well in TFP's darker atmosphere compared to other TF TV shows. Airachnid has been shown to collect trophies of different species ("Predator" heads in her ship) but is more of an on-again-off-again serial killer working for the Decepticons perhaps for her own protection. Considering she's being hunted by a murderous (MY PARTNERS ARE DEAD!) Arcee it would make sense to ally herself with Megatron.

Now Lockdown, he frequently allies himself with the Decepticons but not as a member but as more of an associate. Obviously he had no real loyalties in Animated, except for short periods of time to the highest offer. He takes contracts to hunt down and assassinate ONE particular bot (as shown in Animated, he could take on multiple contracts at once) as opposed to just randomly killing different species for fun like Airachnid. His "trophies" are the unique weapons and utilities used by his victims.

Introducing Lockdown into Transformers Prime could bring a whole new level of story telling into the already dark show. We have already seen acts of revenge, at least attempted acts :D , along with torture in Arcee's flashbacks of Cybertron. Lockdown would bring more fear, assassinations and other darker elements. His relationship with Ratchet may be best left alone for fear of becoming too similar to Arcee and Airachnid. If an Autobot must have a similar relationship with Lockdown for story telling purposes this could give us a good reason to bring back Wheeljack as an oblivious target who is back on Earth but was unwittingly followed.

For the case of Lockdown's trophies, it could be shown as Lockdown doesn't display his loot he could have everything installed into his body making him an even more unpredictable and dangerous then in Animated. Perhaps the Prowl fans could even have their fun with the introduction halfway through the season. But this is about Lockdown.

Lockdown is a very interesting and dangerous character to introduce and would be an excellent addition halfway through the season to avoid interference with the multiple arcs planned (Prime memory and R2 B2's voice).

What do you all think? Should Lockdown be introduced in Season 2 or maybe even a new enemy for Season 3? But I honestly can't wait that long for my favourite bounty hunter. ;) 

2. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I voted no, and then I changed my mind. :<

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah sure but they got to make him a bit different from TFA so I don't feel like a carbon copy of the TFA version.

Also he needs to be re-voiced by Lance Henriksen.

4. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

No, we already have arichanid as the hunter character, if he did come in he would need a new personality

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I believe he should be introduced. Maybe as a rival to Airachnid? Perhaps he is sent to hunt her down by some mysterious third party, and he also finds out Arcee hates her guts too and they work together to hunt down Airachnid? Lockdown could be a very interesting character, I hope he shows up!

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I like this idea, could be interesting as to what they do once, or if, they captured her

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

She'd try to plead her case by saying she has rejoined the Decepticons. Lockdown will have nothing of it and winds up taking her to his ship, to bring her to Shockwave for questioning. Shockwave was the one that gave her the vast array of upgrades, but the deal was she would stay loyal to the Decepticon cause in return. Instead, she became a psycho and started hunting Autobots. The whole backstory of Airachnid could be the basis of one or more episodes.

8. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I said No, because even if they did try to change up his character a bit, it would already be too far off from Lockdown, unless they renamed him. Plus, we already have Airachnid fitting the hunter role.

9. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Airachnid already has the essential elements of Lockdown's character. I wouldn't give Lockdown more than a brief appearance or mention at best in the show. If he was to be introduced, maybe he could be an old mentor or partner of Airachnid's? The one who taught her the ways of a mercenary and how to hunt for trophies. It could be that after a betrayal from him, Airachnid decided she was better off working alone.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I like the idea of introducing Lockdown in Prime, we already have an Airachnid who likes to display her trophies, before they got destroyed.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't see the need to really. Airachnid pretty much fills up the bounty/trophy hunter role in the show so there no real need for him to be in it. They could however make him her mentor or make him the framework for the Vehicon troopers like with the Cloe Troopers being cloned from Boba Fett's father.

12. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Purple Dinosaur

no thank you, let Prime have its own fan favorite characters. it dosn't need to siphon off of animated....it should be a legitamte show on its own

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I voted "No". Lockdown was a cool character in TFA, voice by one of my favorite Sci fi actors, but, when they tried to shoe horn in the character into the IDW G1 comics, it just felt forced.

14. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that Lockdown needs to be introduced into Prime, however I wouldn't object to a character having a similar alt-mode to his. Love that big, spike-covered muscle car.

15. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I voted yes and then changed my mind...

16. Moosetron

Moosetron AUGH AUGH AUGH!

Airachnid is pretty much the Prime version of Lockdown.

17. Anti Theon

Anti Theon Well-Known Member

Always a good idea.

Always.

18. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Just a question, did anyone read the whole OP? There seem to be a lot of people saying that Airachnid is Prime Lockdown yet I covered the differences in the first post.

19. Anti Theon

Anti Theon Well-Known Member

The whole thing.

Your argument isn't bad. I'd go that way myself, but the opposite case can easily be made too.

It's your opinion, not a fact.

20. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

:2c: