"I'm Not There" A Film by Todd Haynes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by honestgabe, Oct 18, 2007.

1. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Is anyone excited about the Bob Dylan biopic thats coming out titled "I'm Not There"? Todd Haynes wrote and directed it. I'm a Dylan fan and Todd Haynes fan. Velvet Goldmine and Far From Heaven were awesome films.

6 different actors are playing different portrayals of Dylan. Kate Blanchette is playing the thin wild mercury version of Dylan (Blonde on Blonde era). Christian Bale is playing early Dylan, think Freewheeling era. Richard Gere is playing John Wesley Harding era Dylan. Its all pretty ambitious and from what I hear they do a great job.

Clip This clip is of Kate as Dylan, its sort of based off the famous clip of John Lennon and Dylan riding around in a taxi that was from the abandoned film Eat the Documentary. David Cross as Allen Ginsberg? Fucking genius.

Trailer

Not only does it look like an amazing film, but the soundtrack for the movie looks pretty sick!

Soundtrack's Myspace with covers by Jeff Tweedy, Jim James, Sufjan Stevens and Cat Power.

The official track listing. Note that the Million Dollar Bashers is a houseband/supergroup that comprises of Sonic Youth's Lee Ranaldo and Steve Shelley, Wilco guitarist Nels Cline, Television guitarist Tom Verlaine, Dylan bassist Tony Garnier, guitarist Smokey Hormel and keyboardist John Medeski. Like holy shit, Lee Renaldo, Nels Cline and Tom fucking Verlaine on guitar? I can't wait to hear Stephen Malkmus's version of Ballad of a Thin Man.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Who is this "Dylan"?

3. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Robert Zimmerman maybe?

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Watched the clip - I'm not liking Kate Blanchette playing a guy, it's weird and confusing. Add different actors playing the same guy = even more weird and confusing.

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Kate as Bob is weird. That soundtrack looks amazing though! Ill probably watch the movie in the theatre.

6. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

hell yeah i'm excited for this. The soundtrack looks even better than i thought: John Doe playing I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine = YES.