I'm loving the "fan-wank toys"....how 'bout you guys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LatinJEM777, Aug 24, 2008.

1. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

This year is shaping up to be an awesome year, and there's still a little over 4 months to go!

I thought I'd be doomed because of feeling the need to buy up both the Universe figs and the Animated figs. But what changed the plan was a little variable which I dub "fan-wank toys". "Fan-wank toys" are toys designed for the hard-core audience (includes myself, and I'm sure many of you here too).

These include (as far as this year is concerned) the upcoming Ultra Magnus armor (DROOL!), Battle Roller, Henkei Thundercracker & Skywarp, Cliffjumper upgrade set, Universe Nemesis Prime (and I guess Acid Storm too). Hell, I could just say the entire Universe 2.0/Henkei line. And you still have those Wal-Mart Movie toy exclusives, from which I've read from these boards are homages of Japanese TF characters. Then there's Encore. And then the last 2 Toys'r'us Titaniums.

Because of these toys of I'm more inspired to focus on Universe/Universe compatible. I still LOVE Animated in it's entirety (I have a bunch of the toys and love the cartoon), but I'm glad there's one less line I'll have to worry. That is until Animated Swoop, Blurr, and Shock-freaking-wave come out! This so far has been a great year to be a fan!

How do you guys feel about the "fan-wank" toys?

2. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The "fan-wank" toys have definitely dominated my wish list this year. Everything you just listed are things I want. As well as loving the Animated figures as well.

I don't think I would have bought as much as I have this year if not for the toys aimed at us older fans, I've loved it but my wallet is crying!

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hasbro loves us :) 

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ive got most of the animated line and i really cant wait for the new henkei/classics! skywarp and thundercracker sound great..when are they due to be released? coz i'd like to take a short break...i recently started collecting and ive got 45 figures in..2months..i really need to stop for a while, so i hope theyre gonna take a while to come out (yeah, my self control for TFs is absolute zero)

5. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    TC and Skywarp are due September. As is the Ultra Magnus City Commander set. I already have those on pre-order, now its just the waiting game..

6. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    I have one of those on pre-order too! TFH?

7. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Rapidculture, actually. Um set only SGD$100!

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    nice...i think i'll have to wait a bit though :D  especially as im saving up for my 3 MPs...hope to get them soooon

9. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    High-five! :D 

10. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    :rock  Can't wait!