I'm looking forward to the movie toys.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kittie Rose, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Despite all my qualms with the movie and the ridiculous way they're approaching it, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the toys.

if Blackout's anything to go by, they'll actually look like Transformers.

I'm very interested to see what they do with Prime and Bumblebee. Brawl would make for an impressive figure. I hope Jazz is done Alternators style.

2. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

They can do it w/ BB, I took a good few days studying his desighn aesthetic. What his transformation is so simple for a toy, his legs turn inward and the wheels flip over into the housing. Then the hood(chest) from both sides connect, as the doors swing over the arms, and the arms become the bumper and underside of the car. The wheels on the back become his rear.

BB will be a peice of cake for the toyline. But Iam a little curious of meg's and SS, and others to how they Transform. I looked at skorponoks toyline test. That is going to be one bad arse toy if it can transform and all. I think this toyline should be continual not just to the movie but adding new concepts to metroplex Devastator , strotrain sidewinder. It would be awesome!

3. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Bumblebee's chest splits in two and rotates, and is "interuppted" by another part of the car. That won't be very easy to replicate at all. Guarantee you it will be different, unless they release a more-expensive-than-alternators figure to do it.

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

its just going to be weird pushing all of those small panels into place. but i look forward to seeing them.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I can't wait for them. The more intricate the better.

6. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

I'm liking BB more and more... while I may still have reservations about how it will look in the film, I think it'll make one of the best toys ever... that is, if they keep it close to the movie.

Here's what I have always felt: that if it can't be done as a toy, then they shouldn't animate it in media (movie, cartoon, etc.) at all. Just once, I would like to see a toy that was 100% accurate to its film/cartoon/comic alter ego.

Masterpiece Prime, MP Starscream- now THAT's what I'm talking about!

That said, that helicopter proto actually looked better than the film concept IMO.

Doesn't anyone wish they had the $$$ to make their own toys?

SB

7. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I am also looking forward to the movie figures. Optimus looks like he would be very hard to turn into a toy since he looks so much different from his truck mode, then again i saw what they did with blackout and was quite surprised. I want bumblebee loads I cant wait till they start showing these figures!!

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I think people will be surprised at how much Prime will look like the movie, although they'll definately cheat with the back. The transformation is basically just a mixture of G1 Prime (chest, arms) and Cybertron Red Alert (the way the back and front of the vehicle will split to become the legs)

9. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    if blackout is anything to go by, they will all look pretty similar to their movie counterparts, albeit less detailed, and will transform perfectly, and will look damn amazing to boot. sounds good to me.

10. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    im wondering if they will keep their interiors at all personally

11. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

Megs is gonna be one hell of a cool toy, or a crappy one it can go either way I think.

12. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

The toys will rock..O yes..

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    My interest in the movie toys will only be affected by the quality of the movie. I'm not going to buy anything "just because it's out;" if I find the film entertaining, I might pick up some of the toys.

14. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

the jury is still out for me some of it is cool some isn't I mean this is micheal bay we're talking about here lets not forget how he's screwed up in the past with movies (hulk)

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, there's so much wrong with that last post, I couldn't possibly say anymore more about it.

Anyway, Even if it's only Blackout, The toys seem to look a bit more "traditional" than the movie designs they're based upon, and it appear I'll like at least some of them.

I'll be curious to see how the smaller transforming toys come out on this line, since they'd presumably have to make the most concessions from movie model to toy.

16. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Wait wait you are wrong, Micheal Bay directed The Matrix, how come it rocks ? :drunk 

17. Retro

Retro Killing time

lies the matrix sucks :) 

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    :google 

Micheal Bay != Matrix director.

19. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Yes, Blackout's toy (by the virtue of looking very little like the film design) isn't too bad, save for the fugly head. It's much bulkier and less skellital, and much more humanoid and not nearly so busy.

If the same applies to some of the Autobots (who appear, save Bumblebee, to be much less busy overall, and have less Macfarlane-ish heads) then they could look alright in the plastic.

Just a shame they'll still be horrid on film, which will really affect any desire I'll have to buy them.

Phazer

20. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know if I'll be buying any of the toys, but I am interested in seeing how they are engineered.