I'm looking for picture of Metroplex....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'm looking for picture of Metroplex combined with Hotspot and Silverbolt. I'm more interested in a mode Hotspot has to take, so he can combine with Metroplex.

Can all of the combiner leader (except Razorclaw) attach to Metroplex??

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I think there's one in Ben Yee's review of Metroplex (www.bwtf.com)

Motormaster, Onslaught, Hot Spot, and Silverbolt can attatch to Metroplex. The individual Arialbots can also attatch to his 'bot mode (there's a pic in Ben Yee's review)

3. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Protectobots and Aerialbots are KOs but here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can take some more detailed pics after I get off of work, but if you can find a scan of Metroplex's instructions they show how to do both bots for combine.

EDIT: I was wrong, my Metroplex scans don't have the combined mode on them, it's the Protectobots' instructions that has it. I'll take some more pics after work

4. Razorclaw

Thanx! I didn't know KO combiners could do that with Metroplex. Nice, now I'm happier with the new KO Defensor I got.

5. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    Going off topic for a sec, hows the plastic quality on the Protectobot ko's?

Great collection btw.

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Not so great, they are KOs (lol), about the same as the Devistator and Aerialbot KOs all over eBay and Big Lots. The later is where I got mine from, and for $6 WTH right? They don't look too bad and I don't play with them, so they're a good stand in till I get some originals. Oh and TY for the compliment! :thumb 

Razorclaw - Here's a link to the instructions. Hot Spot also has a "tow truck" mode I never knew about until here recently.

EDIT:
    The Stunticons & Combaticons also combine with Trypticon. Makes Trypticon look a whole lot bigger in base mode.

7. Razorclaw

Well, I got a mini Defensor KO and two regular sized Defensor KOs. The mini version is very good, sturdy and rather tight.

As for the other two, the first one I got is the same one as the one in this link.

I won't say it is a piece of garbage, but I had to do some adjustments, like fix the crane/head part - it was manufactured the wrong way, then I had to tighten the shoulder joints on Hotspot (and he still won't align right in the rear, when in truck mode) then I had to sand down the left foot part about 1.5mm, had to really pull on the right hand of First Aid because it wouldn't come out more than half a mm, now it's loose, etc. In the combined mode it holds pretty well, and because of things above, you kinda want to leave it this mode, and just put it on display. Forgot to mention it, the robots that form the limbs come with some stupid drone-like faces, with a vertical line and two dots like eyes, all except Streetwise, who has the original face. *blah*

The second one is exactly like the one in this link.

The overall quality is much better than the first one. The robots have all original faces that are painted like the on the originals. I didn't have to do anything concerning joints, flash or combiner parts. It is made of the same plastic like the mini version. Still, since this time Defensor is bigger, plastic just feels kinda cheaper, less sturdy. This version isn't perfect, the left shoulder on Hotspot is somewhat loose, compared to his right one. Also a stress mark came into being, when I tried to force the legs/seat on Groove to separate and lock into place. It's on the back fender, behind the rear wheel. Had to use super-glue to prevent further breakage.

This is great. It really increases the play value of Metroplex and Trypticon. And I can picture Metrotitan combining with Motormaster and Onslaught.

And thank you for the scan. That's just what I needed for Hotspot. I can't wait to see Trypticon combined with Motormaster and Onslaught.