I'm kinda disappointed with the special features

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Oct 18, 2007.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I watched the special features last night. The behind the scenes stuff was cool. But I was looking for some deleted scenes and outtakes. Maybe a gag reel or something. I kinda expected more.

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I'm always down for gag reels and outtakes. I can only guess that the filming was so intense, as per what the stars said of Bay's style and demands, outtakes weren't all that funny or much more than botched lines or stunt flubs.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Just wait, when TF 2 comes out, we'll get the unedited, super duper special edition and then we'll have some deleted CGI scenes.

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i dont think there were any deleted CGI scenes. they were on a tight budget and put PILES of money into what we DID see on screen. still, i too am disappointed.

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Autobots dancing to Thriller FTW!

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I got what I expected. I like seeing how movies are made though.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I guess Bay lied then:

But we all know how studios work--they don't miss any opportunity to exploit fans and consumers. There will be at least 2-3 more editions released by the time the trilogy is completed. This is Paramount Home Entertainment we're talking about here -- the same company who keeps reissuing the same Star Trek DVDs every few months.

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Lets not forget how the 20th anniversary DVD had deleted story boards that were never included in the DVD released a few years earlier. I wouldnt be surprised if the same happened when TF 2 comes out. We'll get deleted story boards and more concept CGI pics of the characters plus who knows...

9. moocow

moocow God.

At first I thought you said special effects :p 

10. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    actually to be completely honest, although there is lots of content on the 2nd DVD, its pretty much the same stuff. Some of the content appeared to have appeared twice and thats a bit of a let down.

Some DVDs are so much more abstract and organized better, for example they would have:

Casting Reel / test shots
    Cast and crew Interviews
    Production Diary
    Music Video
    Behind the Scenes featurette with mix of production footage with interviews
    Gag Reel
    Deleted Scenes
    Photo Galleries
    Story Board
    Concept Art
    VFX process breakdown

The 2nd Disc, although appeared to have a lot of content, looks like it could've been just a half hour long featurette instead of a whole bunch broken up into smaller ones.

11. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I havent even finished the special features and I have loved them so far. I have alot more respect for Michael Bay after watching it so far.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Maybe because we got the DVD so fast some of that stuff wasn't thrown in. Or will be included in the inevitable Super Special Edition in 09.

We have been watching a few everymorning before I go to work and I have enjoyed them too. I liked breaking it up over the week, it was like "Transformer Week" in my house. And I still haven't finished watching them all.

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I felt there should have been more too. It took almost no time to get through everything. Even the concept art - they hardly showed any, it was just a few pieces and boom, over. It should have been a huge gallery.

Oh well though, as said, when the sequel comes, we'll probably get some crazy updated edition

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone have the Sin City special edition? There is a feature where they show the whole movie at a faster speed with out any CGI added in. It lasts about 10 minutes and it is really cool to see how much was added in. I really would have loved to see this done with Transformers. How much was real, in front of green screen etc.

Also something about Steve Jablonsky and the score work would have been cool.

CGI still gallery would be cool of all the bots.

Overall though what is included is pretty good. I enjoyed them.