I'm in HK for 41 days... Secretcode may panic now ;)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Treadshot A1, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Day 14 (slightly late)

Purchases: Payload

Really lucky today to find this guy in TRU, perfect for making my Predacons. Will need to grab a few more of this guy later. :) 

2. Treadshot A1

Day 15

Okay, let me calm down a bit first. I've just been to Wan Chai. Yeah, Roan, y'know, that place with the shit load of toys and stuff to buy. I spent over 2000 bucks there! Here's the list (in no particular order):

Figma Fate Testarossa
    Zoids King Liger
    Revoltech Yamaguchi Zoids Blade Liger
    MMS 2nd Otomedius (some blue set, don't really know what it is, but it looked cute :lol )
    TF Universe SE Drag Strip (x2)
    WFC Cliffjumper
    Assorted Kotobukiya weapons and joints sets

So yeah... :tongue: 

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    :lol . Nice. In other news I'm waiting for Gundam Musou 3 to be delivered to my house but the Chistmas Rush and snow is preventing that from happening :( .

4. Treadshot A1

Hot damn, i so wanted to get an Xbox 360 w/Kinect this christmas just to get Gundam Musou 3, but it seems if i buy it in HK (which is, of course, much cheaper) i can only play HK games, they have not yet found a region unlocking thingamajig for it. Damn you Roan, getting the one thing i can't. I hate you. :mad 

5. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I got a Ps3 in HK and thankfully that can play games on all regions :p . The fact it was bought in HK was coincidental.

6. Treadshot A1

I have 2 PS3's, but i thought Gundam Musou was for Xbox. Hmm, guess the poster was wrong/lying.

So there, i am still better than you, material goods-wise.

7. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Its for both...

8. Treadshot A1

Well damn. I need to get it, then.

Oh, and i just opened the Otomedius thing...

...wow, it takes a lot to disgust me, hell even Ianeira doesn't, but this thing...

...wow...

I'm going to hide the rest, because while i have tried to make it as PG-13 as possible, it still ocntains descriptions which even i find disgusting. I'm only posting this to warn everyone else not to buy this thing. My parents are fine with Shinkis, but i feel i have to hide this one form them. So read the rest at your own risk.

Was it you Roan or Halcon that once mentioned "maids in H-animes" in the shinki thread? Because this certinly fits that description very well. I'll describe it in as kid-friendly a way as i can. Her face is just a joke, like i can accept big eyes like Shinkis, but this one is...i don't even know how to describe it. It's supposed to be cute i think, but it's just not quite right... her head has theproportions of a baby's, but the features of a girl. Freaky. *shivers* The chest is actualy passable, as it is more covered up than some shinkis (Gabrine wears less). The only problem is it is made from soft plastic, so it is...um, you can fill in this yourself. It's soft, squishy plastic. And her skirt...Jesus, it's bloody clear. As in see thru clear. She's not naked underneath, you can see what i try to tell myself is a swimsuit of some kind, but honestly...that's just wrong. A see through skirt? And the 'swimsuit' is especially revealing, while very similar in design to Raptias', there is much more skin showing, which is only made worse by the see through dress.

Seriously, the armor is the only reason i bought this thing (and i'm not just saying that, i seriously did just want the armor), it looks a hell of a lot like Scourge's alt mode. But the girl i'm seriously thinking of selling, she is completely disgusting. I know this probably isn't the best marketing campaign to sell something ever, but seriously...i'd even trade it for a Barbie at this point, it's that bad.

9. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I dont post in the Busou Shinki thread much (I think I only have like 3 posts in all??) ;) .

10. Treadshot A1

Then it must've been Halcon. I can't remember exactly though.

11. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

can PAL XBOX plays NTSC[J] games?

12. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    No. Most games are region locked.

13. Treadshot A1

PS3 has no region lock, it plays anything, this is more to do with the fact that it doubles as a blu-ray player, though.

Wii has region lock, and as long as you aren't the most updated version, there are people who can mod the console for you to unlock the region lock. Int he process that opens up a whole slew of possibilities, which i won't go into here.

Xbox has region lock, and currently there's no way around it yet. Now, of course, we all know someone's going to crack it eventually, like every other lock created, there hs to be someway to open it. But for the time being, no such method has been discovered.

14. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I heard its the 360's games themselves thats Region locked? Heard that some games didnt have region lock and could be played on all Region consoles.

15. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i believe some games are region free such as street fighter 4...

16. Treadshot A1

Just posting to say I screwed up my math. I only spent 1579 today. Will need to spend more asap. :lol 

Also saying that I have definite proof that my Blade Liger is a real Revoltech, not a fake. Why? Because it's pose able as all heck, but has shoddy build quality, falls apart when you look at it funny. That's Revoltech for ya. :lol 

17. Treadshot A1

Do you by any chance own that store/are paid to advertise for that store/know the gy that owns it?

Because however you came to know about it, you just made me get yelled at by my parents. Apparently they can't stand the amount of sheer awesomeness in that building. I mean, bloody BATTLE UNICORNS??? From Beast Machines? Sealed? And Animated Rodimuses flooding shelves, PE stuff just lying around like no one cares. And hell, even TFCC Astrotrain are lining the shelves. Too bad P/CP is not available for purchase, the store (Hobbybase) has it only as a member point redeemable thing, where it is the highest point-valued piece, at 18000 points. At 1 point/dollar, that's $18000. Even with the exchange rate, that's ~$2500 USD. F***. Jut go on eBay...

Oh, and thanks, btw. I need to go back there sometime. Sons Of Cybertron sets (Animated, not the crappy classics one) falling off shelves like no one's business is the most bloody awesome find i have had on Christmas Eve since, well, ever.

18. Treadshot A1

Day 16

Well today was boring, but least i got to build my Orange Destiny Gundam.

Purchases: PCC Sledge w/Throttler
    Legends Long Haul

19. Treadshot A1

Day 17

Ah, yet another boring day, spent most of it on Sketchup.

And then i decided to follow Starsaber888's advice. Went to the Sino Centre, and my dad insisted that we take the escalator. I insisted that we use the lift as per the instructions, but no. So we spent an hour looking in vain. Andthen we found it, after taking the lift. Bloody hell. Don't go there. You might come out, but your money won't. That place is toy heaven. Like, even more of a toy heaven that the CTMA Centre or even Hong Kong in general. That place has everything one could ever want.

Okay, i exaggerated slightly there, you can go, but since the place sells what is pretty much every TF Holy Grail, you ain't gonna be buying much there anyways. It's great to see it all, but if you can afford all that, well, you're even more spoilt htan me. And that ain't possible. Still, good Christmas Eve find, and finished my Alternity Stunticons set today.

Purchases: Alternity Starscream (for Alternity Dragstrip)
    Legends Devastator (ROTF, regular colours)
    Alternity Black Convoy (for Alternity Wildrider)

And Roan, Starscream's mold isn't that bad. I mean, i can understand the robot mode is a bit kibbly, and definitely the weakest of all the Alternities, but in no way does that make it a bad toy. The hip armor is too heavy for it's ball joint, and the lack of trunk sace and engine detail is disappointing, but the fact they managed to get such a plane-like robot out of a car is just amazing, and one has to admit the Mitsuoka Orochi was an awesome choice, and just an awesome car in general. It really fits Starscream, as fast looking as his jet mode used to be. The robot head i wonder about, the size seems a bit too big, but to be fair, to contain the egos of all the Starscreams requires a big head, and i like how they managed to replicate his trademark shoulder pylons. Another good thing is that his arms aren't too small, unlike the Alternity Convoy mold, whose arms are tiny. Null rays are a bit small, but not a problem.

20. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    lol. I finally got Gundam Musou 3 after a week's wait in anticipation.