I'm in HK for 41 days... Secretcode may panic now ;)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Treadshot A1, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Hey! What's up, people? I'm back in Hong Kong for another holiday, and if you've paid any attention to me whatsoever (Roan, that's you!), you'll know that Hong Kong is toy heaven for me!

You guys remember my other thread? "Beat this 18 day shopping spree!!!" or something like that. Search it. If you thought that was impressive, i intend to smash that. That's nothing compared to what i plan to get this time around...

I'll be using this thread to record my purchases as each day goes. Can't guarantee pics, still getting used to this computer (so it goes without saying today is pic-less). Anyways, let's get started!

Day 1

Purchases: None (I got here like, dinner time, and then spent the night unpacking)

New stuff: PG Red Astray, PG 00 Raiser.

Notes: The 2 PG's i had actally gotten a long time ago, well, my uncle bought them for me, but they're way too big to mail, not to mention Australia Post has it's own set of issues. It's just that they've had to wait in Hong Kong for me. So they are tecnically new stuff.

Um, yeah, so, you guys just comment when you feel like it. You may ask for certain items to be sent to you whenver you feel like it, i can guatrantee i won't give away any. :lol 

2. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    What's the usual cost for Gunpla over there?

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Whoa. Good luck. Let us know what mugenbine stuffs you find.

Cost varies but they're pretty good since the smaller shops often undercut the big department stores.

4. Treadshot A1

Hell even the big stores carry gunpla for cheap. Smaller specialty stores, even cheaper.

I will tell of what Mugenbines i get, though idoubt much, not much of the new stuff from that line has interested me. This time, it's going to be Gunpla, TF's, and hopefully and iPad/laptop and/or iPhone.

Yeah, this is just a bragging thread, duh. ;) 

5. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

hey Treadshots, you should check out a shop (recently opened) at Mong Kok Sino Centre 3F(need to take the lift on the left hand side) if you are interested in transformers and GI joes. they have lots of japanese TFs and perfect effect stuff.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, couldn't you have posted this in a "toy line" related thread? E.g. the Gundam thread if the toys you looking for is Gundam to keep us updated on your finds? I don't see the purpose of this thread - anyway, have a good holiday!

7. Treadshot A1

Hmm, PE stuff, huh? May need to check that out, hope they have a few FP things as well. I need a protector. Thanks tfor the heads up, i'll be sure to visit there.

I'll be getting a lot more than just Gundam. I expect a mixture of Mugens, TF's, Gundam, busou shinkis, some electronics, some beys if i have some spare cash...

...In the end there's just too much variety to fit it all in one existing thread. Think of this thread as a place for me to show off. :lol 

I will have a very nice holiday, thanks a lot!

8. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh God my name is in a thread, what did I do.

And I didn't panic last time! It was more a state of being in awe. Good luck out there!

9. Treadshot A1

Heh, well i hope to awe you again, secretcode.

Day 2

Purchases: Alternity Bumblebee, Legends Sandstorm (Beachcomber repaint)

Notes: Did see Alt Cliffy, plan to get a few of Cliffy for bashing later. Sandstorm to be used for my ROTF legends Swindle.

Other: Looked at iPad and iPhone 4. Have decided to grab an iPad, i will try out my uncle's first before buying. Probably won't get the iPhone, there is a smartphone by HTC which i like, and it's better in every tech spec i see, so might grab that. Just need to find a good price fo both.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Just curious as to how you will bring everything back. Everytime I go to HK, I carry 2 empty suitcases, but with the newer rules at airlines about check-in luggage fees, I limit it even more. Every time I go I am limited by suitcase space.

11. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Send by EMS?

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe get family members to carry for him??? Knowing how cheap some the toys can be, I won't be surprise if he exceeds the weight limit! LOL!

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    last time my friend exceeded weight limit on a bag and he was charged 350$ USD to mail the overweight bag. And btw, it was only a few pounds extra. They know how to make their money.

But man, I wanna go back too

14. Treadshot A1

Well, my parents are coming back with me, so that's 3 suitcases (23 kg each), and 3 carry-on smaller suitcases (7 kg each). That's 90 kg overall, so i should be able to fit everything. Thankfully i didn't bring too many clothes. :lol 

Anyways, the only reason last time i almost hit the weight limit is because of the goddamned Gunpla. I had no tools on hand, so i couldn't build them, had to bring them sprues, boxes and all. This time i have way enough time, so if i get a Gundam, i can build it now, which means less stuff to bring back, less weight.

Also, this time it's probably not going to be quantity that i'llbe going for. It's quality. I'm trying to grab all the expensive things that i can't get in Australia, so PE/FP stuff, iPad/iPhone/HTC/Galaxy (i haven't decided yet), Alternity, etc.

Oh, btw, do you guys have any advice for me? I will be trying out my uncle's iPad today, after which my aunt will buy me a Wifi (not 3G) 32gb iPad at no cost to me. Should i nab it or wait for the rumoured iPad 2?

Same goes for the phones. Apparently people in Hong Kong say iPhones are no longer the most awesome. Something made by HTC, or hell, Samsung's Galaxy is more popular, and guess what? My mum said she'll pay for one (spoilt kid will be spoilt). So any of you guys know what's good now?

15. UMC

UMC Huh?

News Credits:
    I'd say the HTC Evo over the iPone 4 cause the internet is faster but iphone 4 does processe a little bit faster with the apps~

I'm currently using Sony Ericcson Idou, but i had the iPone 4 before with AT&T and used the HTC Evo for about a month

but heres a review you can check it out

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

I remember your haul last year. Very sick. And if you're trying to top that, right on! I want to see the pics. :) 

17. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    iPad 2 is not a rumor, it's more of a 'when' than 'if' But if you're getting it for free now, rather than having to pay for it later, then maybe getting it now would be better, unless you're all about Facetime and camera, iPad 1 would be pretty good. The rumored upgrades for iPad 2 are cameras, better display, and dual docking points.

18. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Do you think you could be a quick middleman service for me? :lol 

19. Treadshot A1

Well, the iPad my Aunt's paying for regardless whether i wait or not, but if the upgrades are only facetime, cameras and display, then i need not wait.

Also, how likely is it that the new iPad will have cameras? Because my school is quite paranoid about students having cameras barring the social events, so it might be easier for me if i don't have one.

Plastic Man: You need not worry, i will be posting pics once i get my camera working.

Matrix: What do you need? I can guarantee i won't be able to get it.

Also, hate to break it to you guys, but i'm only 16 yrs old, and my parents are quite afraid of me using hte internet to organise stuf, so i can't actually get anything for anyone. They won't let me buy stuff off the net except eBay (how that is any safer is a good question). I've already had people messaging me to buy stuff (hell, someone wants me to grab a Jizaitoys Wheelie and Powerglide... :(  )...

20. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Protective parents. Gotta love 'em.
    I don't see how it's dangerous to receive money from people, but I can't control them or what they think. So oh well. Have fun! :)