I'm in a bit of a quandary...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

A week or so ago I got this crazy idea in my head of getting Universe Ironhide and Ratchet. Now I don't know if I should go with this idea or wait for WFC Ratchet and Ironhide to fill my C.H.U.G. collection.

As for the uni. Ironhide/Ratchet mold, while the bot mode is OK, the vehicle mode is all cracked up and the going prices nowadays are making me scratch my head.

So, should I buy uni. Ironhide and Ratchet or wait for WFC Ironhide and Ratchet?

2. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

You should buy Henkei Ironhide and Ratchet, if you have the extra cash. The plastic and colouring are much better. No more illuminous red, blue faced poorly detailed Ironhide!

Or wait for WFC to see if they are cool. But I would advise against Universe Ironhide because it looks so poor.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yup, Henkeis all the way man.

4. Razorclaw

Sorry, the prices on uni. figs are way up IMO, so I don't even want to take Henkei versions into consideration at all.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Really? I doubt they'd be that much more. Depends where you've been looking. The prices for Classics and Henkeis are pretty much comparable for some figures nowadays.
    I think if you are willing to pay that little bit extra, and as flawed figures as they are, Henkei Ratchet & Ironhide are the best out there.

6. UKBrawn

Henkei Ratchet can be a bit more expensive for soem reason, but Ironhide is usually only a couple of £ or $ more than the Universe. But is so worth it.

7. Razorclaw

Just took a look at Henkei prices. It reaffirmed my previous decision of not taking Henkeis into consideration at all.

So the question still stands:

buy universe Ironhide and Ratchet OR wait for War for Cybertron Ironhide and Ratchet?

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    have a WFC Ironhide and Ratchet even been announced?

9. Razorclaw

It would be stupid for Hasbro not to put out figures of all the playable characters.

10. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i say get them now, if you find them misb sit on them and decide if you wanna crack them open.....if not, then you can just resale, no harm done, if you like them, open em up and enjoy...............even if you find them loose, im sure someone would rebuy them from ya if you decide you do'nt like them.....i too don't care for the cracked looked in alt mode but the versatility in posing in alt mode makes up for it....i keep em both in bot mode :) 

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah, if you've decided you're totally ruling out Henkei, then get the Universe versions. However, prepare to be disappointed. But if you don't get those...and they don't end up releasing WFC versions...

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I guess you could wait, worse case scenario is that Hasbro doesn't and the prices for the Universe versions don't come out, but then you could probably get a custom WfC Ratchet and Ironhide by using a modified WfC Soundwave.

As for "making toys of all the playable characters", I'd KILL for a WfC Warpath, Breakdown, and hell, even Shockwave.

13. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you, because Hasbro has done a lot of things that we collectors find annoying before, and I'm sure they won't stop now.

My biggest cross-my-fingers hope for WFC toys is Shockwave, but I really doubt that we will get one.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I agree with you but then again Hasbro has made a few WTF decisions in the past.

My personal feeling is unless the WFC figures sell extremely well, we won't see more more molds for it seeing as we will soon have a new series and accompanying toyline.

15. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I feel so strongly about this that I'm not even going to read the other posts before I jump in to say DON'T DO IT! AT ALL! That mold was a kick in the teeth at $7.77. At eBay prices it's unvarnished broomstick rape.

I'm pretty sure Universe Ironhide and Ratchet exist just because when I was a kid I thought "there's no way this toy could be more disappointing." Is it better than the G1 version? I guess. But that's like saying MRSA is better than a sore throat. More complicated, less charming and a lot uglier.

STAY AWAY!

16. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

And even that's iffy, as WFC is part of the Generations line. If Generations sells extremely well, we may get more Generations figures than they're planning for right now, but I don't think Hasbro has a way of keeping track of which figures within the line fly off of the pegs and which figures clog them.

17. UKBrawn

Argh I hope the WFC figures don't drag the Generations line down!
    In fact scratch that, I think they are probably included just to give the line a Prime and Bumblebee for the mainstream.
    I highly doubt there will be a WFC Ironhide and Ratchet though and I really would say that out of the Universe release Ironhide is the only one that is so poor, that you need a Henkei version.

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

So what your saying is this: Buy figures who were released and who's secondary market price has gone up, or wait for figures that only exist in your hopes and dreams? Not much of a choice if you ask me.

That said wait till after Botcon. Someone will ask about more WFC toys, and see what Hasbro says. And most times there NDA fueled non-answers can be boiled down to probably not or maybe yes.

19. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I have the Hasbro version and I have no problems with it. Kinda dumb vehicle mode, but I think the bot mode is pretty G1-ish. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I found mine at K-Mart around last Christmas for $8. I wouldn't have bought him otherwise. WFC Ironhide looks pretty bad ass in the game, so I'm hoping they make him, but even if they don't how much would Classics Ironhide really go up in a year on eBay? Maybe $5? Most people don't like him, so I don't think you'd lose out any if you waited for a WFC version and then decided which you like better.

The Henkei version is a good $30 more than Hasbro's. Not worth it.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Waiting for Hasbro to make WFC versions is collector suicide.