im i the only one ......

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Oct 7, 2012.

?

vehicon....

Poll closed Mar 6, 2013.
  1. yes i own/seen one

61 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. no i have yet to see/own one

32 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. transfan681

transfan681 Retired TF Collector

News Credits:
    so 5 mouths a go wave 3 was relesed and i only seen 2 of 3 in that wave knock out hotshot and i NEVER SEEN A VEHICON in person and i dont buy stuff on line (atall)
    so what im asking im i the only missing out
    i mean relly is 2 vehicons to much to ask :mad:  ...

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Welcomed to screwedville.

(sorry)

3. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I've never seen one in the store, but I have a Japanese FE Vehicon that I won from Captured Prey. Otherwise, I've never seen any, apart from the Cyberverse version (of which I have 3).

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never seen the Deluxe Vehicon at retail, although I have 2 that I ordered online from BBTS and TRU, plus my two Jet Vehicons.

The Cyberverse Vehicons, I saw at retail twice...then none of them for the longest time. But now, they seem to be getting more common.

5. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wait... You have seen a Knock Out... Like, actually on a shelf? Woah... Thats awesome. I havent.

6. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The deluxe Vehicon is so far the only mainline Prime release I have not seen at retail. I have seen the remains of the case he came in, but not him. I was able to obtain 2 in a trade with someone from Florida, but to this day, I have not seen him on the pegs.

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen vehicon once at retail and I bought it. I've seen its wave mates plenty of times, but I haven't seen it again.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I found 3 in stores. Only kept 1.

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exact same here. I've only ever seen ONE vehicon at retail, and he came home with me. Never seen him again.

10. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    never seen one except one a buddy picked up for me

-

11. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I've seen exactly two Vehicons at retail. One I didn't quite stumble upon, as I was tipped off by someone on the boards, but that's the one I cam home with. Later, I stumbled upon one and intended to purchase it (three Vehicons is my goal), but for some reason it wouldn't scan, and I was holding back the line, so I decided I'd leave it for the next guy.

Only two. No more, no less.

12. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    Vehicons are still being released with later waves though...last night I found Kup and Rumble at Target, and there were two Vehicons with the newer DVD packaging shelf warming...my instinct was to buy them up to turn loose on the Junkion, but at $17.xx per figure, we're looking at upwards of $70 for 4 figs, and I didn't want to get a divorce this weekend lol!
    I don't think I've ever missed a retail release figure I was looking for...granted there were times where I was like "WTF I"M NEVER GOING TO FIND THESE", I think as collectors, we all suffer from a bit of collection anxietey from time to time...we don't have to look too far back to remember the rush to pick up RTS Jazz...and then Wreck Gar...even Gen. Warpath was commanding quite a premium at his initial release, only to reach saturation and shelf warm...I don't see any reason why this line should be any different.
    Just be patient, and persistent...use the resources available here...I'm certain you should be able to find all the Vehicons you will need. At one time this summer I was sitting on 8 Vehicons that I had found at various retail chains...I kept two, and the rest went to board members for actual price plus shipping...If I had known there was still such a thirst for these figures, I wouldn't have stopped looking for them..

13. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

Bought two off of ebay a couple of months ago, then just last week walked into a store and they had two on the shelf, so I bought those as well.

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    i hadnt seen a vehicon until 2 weeks ago

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I have two Vehicons.

One I bought off eBay for more than I should have spent, but I was having a "GOTTAHAVEITNAOW!!!" moment. And as good as the figure is, I didn't sweat the cost too much. I rather enjoyed having a hard-to-find figure. After that I resolved that to make my goal of having three, I would buy the next two at retail - SURELY, they'd hit saturation!

As Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast, my friend!"

Despite searching high and low, all over my area, while on vacation, etc, I didn't see another one. Until last month. I was in my Wal-Mart on a Sunday, and about the only thing my Wal-Mart stocks for Transformers is Wave 1 of anything and Bot Shots (which is good for me, because those things are like meth to me :D ). While browsing the deluxes, I spied a Rumble lying on top of some other toys. Eagerly, I snatched him up and started looking for Kup...found and grabbed him! I scanned the deluxes again, and my heart almost stopped.

A lone Vehicon hanging on a peg. I thought I was dreaming. The store must have got in a Wave 6 revision case or something (they all had DVDs) - because for a while, they had been completely out of deluxes, then threw up a wave 2 case. I grabbed that Vehicon and made for the door.

But since then....no more Vehicons.

16. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    I'm assuming the voting is to get a better idea of sighting statistics in the U.S. so I'll not bother voting. Here they are not very uncommon. I've picked up a RID version, a First Edition, and a Jet Vehicon. One of each of those is good for me.
    But if you guys want to assure a vehicon, I suggest searching other countries local on-line sale sights, contact the sellers (getting help with local languages as necessary) and see who will mail to you. I've done this with Beijing, Singapore, and Hong Kong (using Chinese), but usually Taiwan is pretty good for toy finding. Here's the local Taipei site ÅS¤Ñ©ç½æ-·j´M3900¸U¥ó°Ó«~

(Transformers in Taiwan's Chinese characters is 變形金剛。This with the name of the character in English will find you a lot of results)

17. J2DK

J2DK Fan

I found four at retail. I haven't been looking lately. The new wave with more vehicons is probably around now.

18. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

Never seen one at retail, but I was realllly lucky to pick up a pair on HTS when they went on sale there.

I can't believe how they're holding their well above retail price on eBay. You would think hasbro would notice and take advantage -- to the benefit of the customers.

19. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first one I got, my brother saw sitting on a shelf in his area for two weeks before I told him to get it, it was 2 months before I finally got it, due to him living in a different state.

The day I got it I found one at retail and got it too.... I have only seen one other on the shelf and left it for the next guy.

20. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I never saw Vehicon at retail until maybe two months ago. I found my first Vehicon at Target that must have been laying is the stockroom or hidden for a long time, the package was completely mangled and crushed, but it didn't matter since I was going to open him. I found my second Vehicon at Walmart recently in the wave with Rumble and Kup. I ordered my other four from HTS both times they stocked them recently.

With constant hunting for Prime toys in the past year now, only spotted Vehicon twice in the wild.