I'm having a problem with an ebay seller...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Razorclaw, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

2. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

I would try contacting the seller again this weekend. If they don't respond after 2 weeks, I would open up a paypal dispute, not a claim. Then if they don't respond to the paypal dispute, you can escalate it to a claim.

I'm not giving excuses for the guy, but sometimes unexpected things come up, and people can't respond right away.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I would not worry until a week or so has passed.Most sellers don't login every day and the time difference could be half a day.

4. Razorclaw

I was thinking the same thing, but every other seller I dealt with was replying to my messages, so I just wanted to be sure.

5. defstar

defstar Autobot...

He's also a power seller...so he probably has a lot of auction messages and such to comb through...give him till Monday or so before starting to worry...

6. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I agree with the other folks - I'd give him some time. Things happen and email can be a hassle too if you get a hundred of them at once. I wouldn't start sweating unless you see the guy suddenly get a slew of negative feedbacks in a row - then maybe he left town. Until then, I'd wager you're fine and the guy probably just got swamped ;) 

7. Razorclaw

I kept emailing the dude almost every day since I posted this, except for this weekend, and he still hasn't answered. I'll wait till next monday, then I'll start the ebay dispute. How do I do that? This is the first time something like this happened to me, so I know "jack sh*t" about opening disputes or claims. Any help would be really appreciated.

8. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    Go to paypal and log in. Then go to Resolution Center, there is yellow button to open the dispute. It is real easy.

9. Razorclaw

Thanks for the info.

Anyway, the guy responded to my message I sent him through the "contact member" option on his profile page. Weird that. He didn't respond to the bunch of messages I sent him through the auction's "ask seller a question" option. But he did respond and here's what he wrote:

That tracking number checks out, but since HK Post doesn't have tracking to my country (as it is stated on their site) all I get is an information that the shipment went out of post on 15th. I'll just have to wait and see what arrives in the box.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where are you located Razorclaw? Some countries will track the number as well as it's coming to them. I know when I order from Hong Kong (I'm in the US) that I can check the HK tracking numbers through the USPS website... now, granted, I won't get anything different until it actually goes through customs, but once it arrives in the states I'll be able to see what it's doing here.

11. Razorclaw

<==== Check bellow my avatar.

And thank you for that tidbit of information. I'll try it on my Posts site and see what happens.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doh! So many people don't list their location I forget to check to be honest... :lol 

But yeah, check with your local posts website. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't track it once it gets to your country too.

13. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm having problems with this guy too, no replies for three weeks. I'm opening a dispute but I guess I'll try contacting him through Ebay too.

14. Razorclaw

I received my items in great condition. Everything was as he said. He sent the items on the day he said he did, packed the items nice and tight, didn't cheat on shipping. Overall I'm satisfied, with post BIN communication being a snag.

Try contacting him through the "contact member" option on his profile page. He responded to my inquiry from there.