I'm having a problem with an ebay BIN auction...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Razorclaw, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Delphan Rane

Delphan Rane TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd imagine you could give PayPal the dispute case number, since eBay and PayPal work together, but I'm only speculating.

And definitely do not close the dispute until you receive your items. The dispute can remain open for 45 days from the time you filed it.

I also think people are using the "death in the family over the holidays" excuse far too much for it to be a coincidence. I received the same excuse from two ebay users, one from a buyer and one from a seller.

The buyer was a noob with 0 FB and is no longer registered. He of course got unpaid item strikes from me, and probably from the other sellers he won items from too.

I've purchased several items from the same seller, and they were good with sending the stuff in the beginning then something fell off. The communication was bad, they took forever in responding to my inquiries. At that time the excuse was they were going through a bad divorce. I got my money refunded on one item and they apologized, etc. But still it took forever because they took forever in their responses.

The last thing I bought from this seller was shipped to the wrong address (I still received it), but I didn't know it was sent there until I did my own investigating. The seller again took forever in responding to my emails. Finally, they replied (with very much detail, I might add) about how their father died over the holidays. Either this person was having a bad year or using bad excuses.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

The seller I'm having trouble with is going by the ebay name of underdog25. I'm posting this just in case other people from this forum are looking into his stuff.

Actualy, the dispute will close automaticaly after 20 days. It says on my resolution page, I have until February 21st to sort things out with the seller.

3. Delphan Rane

Delphan Rane TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My bad, it's 45 days from the auction's end to file a dispute.

4. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Wow. This guy's a total sack of shit. *continues reading feedback*

Here's a tool that's free for all to use: Toolhaus.org it will weed through and pick out all of the negatives and neutrals for you to see.

And here's his link: Negative/Neutral Feedback received by underdog25

Guess what? '07...he used the death in the family thing before. Hell, April of 08, the very first negative at the top of the page says they had to go to a dispute to get their money back.

Don't let up off of this guy grind him into the pavement. He's pure scum.

5. Razorclaw

Maybe I should post the above link from toolhaus on the resolution center page?

I also saved the ebay auction page to my HDD, just in case.

6. Razorclaw

The seller sent me photo of the customs form.

Here it is, I hope someone can tell me if this is legit:

[​IMG]

7. Razorclaw

Can someone tell me by judging that picture, what is the weight of the package. I'm not good at calculating pounds and ounces.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    looks like 2 lbs 4 oz but it's hard to read

9. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Looks like he wrote "2# 4.7" which would translate into 2 pounds and 4.7 ounces.

Looking through the feedback for him reveals a very problematic seller. Aside from the previous mention here of his use of the "death in the family" excuse from 2007, it looks like he used it in 2005 as well.

This is my favorite exchange for a negative, though:

"Item came damaged from delivery. It was only wrapped with paper, no shipping box

Buyer: dinobeaker ( 110) Mar-30-07 21:59
    Reply by underdog25 (Apr-03-07 11:44):
    Buyer wanted CHEAPEST possible shipping method. Terrible new Ebayer!"

So, the cheapest shipping method also means you don't even get a box for your stuff? Unbelievable.

Anyhow, sorry you're going through this Razorclaw. I know how much you were looking forward to these figures. If you do end up leaving him feedback, make sure to mention the "death" excuse so there would be a sort of record there in his history.

Also, perhaps you may want to blur (at least) your address from the photo of the customs form. I may be excessively concerned with privacy, but this is the Internet after all and I try to keep as much of that information private as possible.

10. Razorclaw

3 deluxe MISB figures in a box weighing 2 and half pounds? Highly unlikely. Looks I'll be recording myself opening the box when it arrives.

11. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    it looks legit..it states 2 pounds and 4.7 ounces..that is correct for 3 misb deluxes...because each deluxes weight about avg..6-8 ounces.7 ounces x 3= 1 pound and 4 ounces and if im correct the box should weight about 1 pound ..but he did took long to ship it out..If he ship it international priority mail it should be arriving before FEB. 7, 09..unless customs puts it on hold..Good luck..i tell one thing i wouldnt doubt if that box gets crush , it seems he didnt protect the items very well...

12. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    fuck this punk...i would escalate it to a claim from a dispute...at the very least it will hold the funds that you sent him until the dispute gets closed....and that dude's attitude is a one way ride on a shit train...you paid him for stuff...he takes weeks to ship it and then gets a attitude when you get into asking WTF is going on?

this is exactly why ebay sucks ass now....

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Remember too that the scales at the PO always weigh more.I have sent a package thru paypal for 1 lb then taken the same package to the PO and it was almost a lb more.

IMO they round up on most packages.

14. Razorclaw

The good thing is that customs service writes down the weight on the box in red letters. We shall see how things turn up. By judging that custom form, I expect the package to arrive at the beginning of the next week. I am definitaly video-recording myself opening the package.

15. Razorclaw

The items arrived today. Everything is tiptop, MOSC Cyclonus, Hound and Starscream were promptly made C9-10.

This is the fastest shipment I got....ever. 8 days in total. And the tracking number worked on my country's PO tracking service. Cool.

[​IMG]

16. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    Personally, I don't think people will waste time ripping you off of just $20

17. Razorclaw

With shipping it cost me 64 greens.

18. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On international packages they do round it up to the next pound.. So if you mail a 1 pound 1 ounce package to europe you will pay for a 2 pound package. I had that explained to my by my buddy whos the post master at my post office.

19. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Yup, and it sucks. I've weighed packages before at home (on bathroom scales, a looong time ago) and then when I arrived at the P.O. the weight was remarkably different. (Price too. lol)

I gave up trying to figure out the weight ahead of time and just use the APC to get everything ready before heading to the counter. That way I won't have sticker shock and have to listen to the guy behind the counter throw a fit because I don't care much for the shipping price.

And then other times I've been pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a bunch of money to go flying out of my wallet, only to find I miscalculated and the weight's only a quarter to half of what I originally estimated. (This is a win, in my book, even if it's only saving a buck or two.)

Consumer Reports says the USPS is the best bang for your buck overall, especially on international shipping, due to the Saturday, and sometimes Sunday delivery (at no extra cost.)

UPS was a close second they said.

Well, to be honest, after dealing with BBTS and seeing how much they charge to ship a massive box of figures (Animated Magnus, Sentinel, and Swoop, all boxed/carded) for like $10.00 when it would've been almost $13.00 at the P.O. I can say that CR is a tad biased. (Not the first time I've disagreed with their choices...)

Clearly the shipments from BBTS have been cheaper than the Postal Service. With their stupid Priority pricing setup now, one item can cost you a lot of dough. Two or more and the price jumps like crazy. Granted, you do tend to get them faster than UPS Ground, but is it worth it?

And with the Postal Service cutting a day from the work week (which is stupid, we're already seeing delays in deliveries....) their "valued" service ain't so great in my opinion.

20. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    You can use the customlabel number as tracking code too you know. It'll get scanned by your countrys own postal service too.

When I get something shipped i usually only ask for the customlabel number then I can track the package... no need for EMS etc unless I want if was + insurance.
    Also the fastest shipping I ever experienced was after winning an Alt. Ricochet a sunday, seller shipped it monday from Canada, and I got it wednesday. That was even faster than express shipping, and this was shipped just as a standard parcel.