I'm Going To Stop Collecting TF For A Little While.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Nov 5, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I just wanted to post this thread to say peace out to all of you for a little while. I'm going to have to stop collecting TFs for a while because I got laid off at work yesterday.

Things at work have been really slow the last 6 mos. and the writing was on the wall that they were going to have to let some people go. I just never thought I'd be one of them.

Times were already pretty tight for my family and I and my TF collecting hobby was already hanging by a thread. This just pretty much seals my fate and I'm going to have to stop collecting for a while.

It sucks because this is one of the greatest times to collect TFs. We have the 25th anniversary and all of the great toys coming out as a result. I really wish I didn't have to miss out on all of this.

Trying to buy these figures later on the secondary market will probably just cost way too much. My wife also had some preorders on Hasbro Toy Shop that she was going to give me for Xmas including Special Edition Overkill, Universe Starscream, Cyclonus, and Hound which are all going to have to be cancelled now.

I just want to tell you guys and gals to really cherish and enjoy your TF collecting hobby because you never know when it'll all have to end because of a life-changing event.

2. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about your employment situation.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Damn, sorry to hear that.

4. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

thats terribe news bro, Im sorry to here that. Hope things turn around for ya soon.

5. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

Hey buddy, sorry to hear that. I am at the point where the company I work for have informed staff that they will be laying off some people after xmas. My collecting days also seem numbered as I have only purchased about 3 tf's in the last 4 months due to a tight budget. I just about managed to order my City commander set which should hopefully be with me by next week. Other than that I don't see myself buying TF's for a while. You are right though it really is a good time to be a collector at the moment since we have 25th anniversary going on...

Hope things work out for you mate.

6. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im tight also, havent purchased anything bigger than 7.77 deluxes at walmart. Hope you find work soon.

7. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Well, that sucks man. I understand that times are tough. My wife lost her job as well. Even if you can't collect for awhile, make sure you come and hang out on the forums from time to time. later, Grim

8. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish the best to your family and good faith that everything will turn around soon.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about your job. But you should stick around the boards and continue to talk TF with us. We have a lot of members that aren't currently collecting and hang out anyway. There are a lot of ways to be a fan without spending money. :) 

That way when you get up and rolling again, you'll know which ones suck and can be skipped. :lol 

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

man this sucks. im so sorry to hear your bad news. keep us informed on how things go. ill be praying for ya

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    sorry to hear man hopefully work will come to you soon again.

Advice..work for a prison..will always be work. I do

12. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Hope it all gets better soon man. Been through a layoff before and it sucks. Will keep you in my thoughts.

13. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thanks!!....I'll probably stick around and talk TFs with everyone.....it'll probably help me to keep up-to-date on what's coming out.......besides I'm addicted to this site. I won't be able to stop coming here even if I wanted to.

Yeah I'll update things as I go along......not sure where the road is headed right now. I'm afraid it'll probably be pretty rough and rocky for a while.

I appreciate the prayers.....PLEASE keep 'em coming. My family and I can use all the prayers and help from God we can possibly get right now.

14. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Once movie hits I'll get a nice long hiatus unless animated has something beyond Rodimus, Spittor, and the Strika...

15. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Time to concentrate on the important things dude, glad you see that.

Knuckle down, be good, and things will sort themselves out for you soon, I'm sure

16. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just remember there will always be others waiting for you in the future.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't be too worried man. Most of the figures coming out shouldn't be too hard to find down the road anyway. There are a lot of us here who don't collect anymore, we just like to talk about TFs. Besides, you can enjoy all of the figures you already have.

Take this time to find a new and hopefully even better job. Good luck man and best of luck to you and your family.

18. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Alternative

Have you thiught about maybe selling a little?I did that last year when I got laid off and you would be surprised at not only how much more money you have,but like other members have said,you can find the figures down the road.

19. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    I've actually been selling ALOT of figures lately just to make ends meet when I did have a job. If things keep staying rough and rocky I'll probably end up having to sell a majority of my collection. That would hurt ALOT becuase I love my collection and the release it gives me from the grind of everyday life. Also, alot of them were gifts for Xmas and my birthday from my family.

But, if it means the difference between my family having the bills paid and food on the table then well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ya know?

20. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Blame the ecomony Grimlockautobot.
    Hope you find work soon.