I'm going to meet Aaron Archer!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

So my uncle's friend Angelo (Who is practically family to us) told me he knows someone who works for Hasbro. He asked me if I knew anyone named Aaron Archer. When I heard that my face immediately turned white. Apparently Angelo's cousin is married to him.

He has been over Aaron's house several times, and it's huge. Plus he has a crap load of Transformer figures.

I am not lying at all. I do live in the RI area and I'm only about ten minutes or so from Hasbro HQ. RI is a pretty small place you'd be surprised who you run into these days. Hopefully I'll meet him in the following weeks. I really cannot wait.

I think I'm going to interview him. I need questions people! What should I ask him?

EDIT: Is this a good idea to ask him questions? I just read the whole thing with him, TFW2005, Tformers etc. what was that all about?

2. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Why is TFW2005 getting shafted when it comes to the Q&A?

3. Tyrannosaur

I don't think any site has had a face-to-face interview with an employee of Hasbro, have they? Or is it "Send questions and get answers that aren't truley answers?" :lol 

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    honestly I would try and be casual the first time you meet him. If you go in asking questions left and right then he might very well just say NDA I cant say a thing but if you actually get to know him you might very well get a good foot in the door for any future community stuff

5. Tyrannosaur

I know. Act casually, talk to him about Transformers etc. and ask him if he has some time to answer a few questions.

I'll be sure to take pictures! I'm not gonna be one of those obnoxious fans who cream themselves at every little thing geekish :lol 

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Is Peter Griffin your neighbour?

7. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    This is actually really good advice.

8. Tyrannosaur

Danny Mcbride used to go to high school and still is friends with my english teacher. Most of the people behind family guy grew up here in RI. There are alot of RI-based jokes thats why most people don't really get it if you're not in New England.

9. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Hold him for ransom until we get more combiners.

But seriously, ask him to do more combiners. :lol 

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spit in his face for me, then yell "THAT'S FOR THE UNICRON TRILOGY".

11. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    That wasn't his fault, plus the Energon Decepticons were awesome, and the Cybertron toys were great.

12. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro watches these boards. This entire thread is a bad idea, as he will be alerted to watch out for questions from anyone connected to Angelo. We want information that is gotten through the proper channels, not information that is obtained in a conversation and then posted for all to see on the internet. Such things will turn Hasbro against us here at TFW.

That being said, put a bug in his ear to get a reissue G1 Artfire to market! He said before that he really liked the concept and wanted to reissue Artfire. Let's make it happen, Aaron!

13. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Awsome! He apperantly grew up around Akron Ohio. Were I live!

14. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Best advice, don't just throw questions at him. Just talk, get his autograph, ask a few Qn'As on the side.

15. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    ^This.

I know people from Hasbro, and anything we've ever discussed has been kept between ourselves.

Some of the things I've learned would get people in trouble. Very important people.

Remember, people who work for Hasbro are still people. They go to work every morning, perform hard, and try to make a nice living. They are not wizards that will conjure up whatever we may ask of them. Hasbro is a business first and it needs to make products and brands that they believe will appeal to a wide audience(but most importantly kids), whom they hope will time and again earn them the money needed to survive, thrive, and further expand their company.

If you do get to meet Aaron Archer, please be courteous to him and casually discuss your questions together IF he welcomes it (even with the people I've met from Hasbro, they can only go so far in discussing things for fear of letting secrets and important information leak out). Otherwise you could always try to ask him something that wouldn't go too far or ask too much. For example: if he has any great stories or if there are other toys he has always wanted to design but was never given the chance to do so.

Maybe if you're lucky and ask nicely enough, he'll do a quick sketch for you.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure I've heard before that the line itself was his brainchild, and he kinda was the dog in charge back at the day.

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This

Seriously just let the topic come up naturally. Even if your Uncle's friend introduces you as a TF fan, don't jump in with questions like a rabid hyena. If the conversation warrants it ask a few questions but don't let the conversation turn into a Botcon panel.

18. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with he sentiment here; BAD IDEA. I wouldn't put TFW in an awkward position that essentially the owner and admins of the site would have little control over with it being beyond the board.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    In what POS episode of Dr. Who is that accurate? Archer has been the head of Transformers design for nearly a decade.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm gonna have to agree with this.