I'm going to DISNEYWORLD!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    literally, i'm going there.

my wife and i are going for Valentines day. We leave town Wednesday morning... can't wait, its gonna be a kickass trip. we're gonna spend like 6 days between all the different parks. its been forever since i've been last. Used to go every summer when i lived in FL, but its been years. anyone got good advice on the parks?

2. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Wow man thats awesome! Have a great time!

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Only ever went once, and that was with my uncle for graduation, Mom's treat. Was amazing, if you haven't already (assuming you still can) I highly recommend going for the same kinda deal we had, it's basically this meal plan where you get 3 three course meals a day (appetizer, main course, dessert, non-alcoholic beverage), as well as 2 snacks. It works for basically any restaurant in the resort with a few exceptions and certain places counting as more than one meal (the Brown Derby there counted as two for example).

Ride-wise....

Expedition Everest, definitely the best park at the Animal Kingdom, just amazingly fun. While there, hit up the Yak and Yeti restaurant, just delicious, best potstickers I've ever had.

At Epcot you have to hit Mission Space and Test Track. Bit harder to recommend a place to eat there, not because the food is bad (quite the opposite), but the variety is just insane.

At the Hollywood Studios you gotta hit Tower (much better than the one we have here in CA), Rockin' Roller Coaster, and the movie ride. The Brown Derby is a great place to eat, though it wasn't worth 2 meals from our plan IMO, but it was basically the last place we went for dinner out there.

Magic Kingdom..is basically Disneyland so I don't really have much special to say about it.

Which part of the resort are you staying at? If you found yourself at Coronado Springs I highly recommend the Maya Grill. We ate there more than anywhere else, both for convenience and the fact that it was pretty darn good. They've got a breakfast buffet as well if I remember right.

And if you want to treat her to some place really nice, dress up a bit and go to the California Grill, what a beautiful restaurant that was.

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I thought it was called disneyland?

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The Disneyland resort is located in Southern California (Anaheim to be exact), it consists of the Disneyland theme park, Downtown Disney (basically a big shopping/dining/entertainment center), and Disney's California Adventure. The Disney World resort is located in Florida and consists of several themed hotel resort areas as well as several parks. Disney's Wild Animal Kingdom, Epcot, The Magic Kingdom, and Disney Hollywood Studios. The place is enormous, you actually have to ride shuttle buses in between resorts and parks.

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Oh, so there are two? And which one is better? I always wanted to go to Disneyland! At least for 26 years now! I haven't even been to Euro Disney...

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    They're all great (I say all - I've been to Florida, California and Paris) but the Disneylands don't really compare to Disneyworld. That place is HUGE.

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Love Disney World. And now might be the best time to go, as the lines during the week probably won't be as bad.

I would suggest making a game plan for each day you're there in regards to things you want to do. There is so much stuff there between the 4 parks that it can get overwhelming. Get yourself a park map and plan out which rides and attractions you want to do. If you choose to get to a park early, like right when they open, make sure to always go to the left side of the park first. I ready and tested a theory someone had that for some reason everyone goes to the right when they enter, and it's true.

Some rides and attractions I recommend are split up based on each park. For Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion. Epcot: Mission Earth, Test Track, the ride at the Spain Pavilion, the show at the American Pavilion, food at Japan, England, and Canada. Hollywood Studios: Great Movie Ride, Star Wars(which may be closed), Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower Of Tower, Backlot tour, and Fantasmic. Animal Kingdom: Only thing I can recommend is the Everest ride.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I'm happy for you, should be a lot of fun. I was there once myself, but go to Disneyland a lot.

Check out Walt Disney World Resort for a good place to get info and tips.

Have fun!

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    nice, thanks for the advice. I've been there before, but my wife hasnt. and she's a bigger Disney nut than i am, so i'm sure she's gonna love it. she's been reading stuff on Disney.com almost everyday for the last month. booked a few reservations, and has just a skeleton planned out, like which day we'll be in which park. since we're gonna be there for so long we're not getting park hoppers, but we'll still have like 2 days in each park. we're staying at a resort just outside of Disney with a timeshare we got as a wedding gift. so that's nice to not have to pay for a hotel, but when we went to Disneyland for our honeymoon we stayed at the Disney Hotel and it was fantastic to be right there for everything. this'll still be fun too though. can't wait... 24 hours from now i'll be boarding a plane!

that's an interesting theory about left and right. i'll have to give it a shot. its gonna be a busy few days running around and looking at everything, but i'm excited. i don't get to spend enough time with my wife as it is already, so this'll be fantastic to have a whole week with her with no job or other stuff to get in the way.

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love it there.

Got married there 3 weeks ago. :) 

Have fun!

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While you're there in FL, kick Gogdog in his Gogballs for me :) 

Or, hey Gogdog, kick Lumpy in his Lumpyballs! (i like that plan better)

Also, don't worry Lump, I'll watch your new 55" tv while you're gone :) 

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wrote this up last year, but most of it is still valid. FYI, Star Tours is down at Hollywood Studios as it undergoes 're-imagineering.' PM me for questions, as I've become pretty good at tour-guiding Disney parks for visitors.
    A Botconner's Guide to Orlando theme parks

14. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Going to DisneyWorld in March, actually. Already been once and like others have said, the best rides are: Mission Space, Test Track, Kilomanjari Safari, Tower of Terror, Backlot tour, Rock and Roll Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest. There's loads more.

15. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Don't start collecting pins, LOL, way too addicting. My wife and daughter kept buying them and stopping at every pin trader shop to look.

One of the best rides is the Aerosmith ride at the Hollywood Studios, Worth the wait. In Japan @ Epcot you will see a lot of cool stuff, awesome Godzilla shirts and of course overpriced Transformers.

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    we did the pins on our honeymoon. i thought they were a waste of time and money, but whatever. she had fun. definitely wanna do the Aerosmith ride and check out overpriced TFs.