I'm going to Disneyland!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i leave tomorrow, and i'm freaking stoked... 5 days of not working and just having fun sounds so awesome... my wife and I haven't been since our honeymoon 5 years ago. and my best friend and his wife are also going, so this really should be a great trip...

we're also going to 6 flags one day too, to get some fun roller coaster action in...

does anyone here have season passes? that's what we got, despite not living in California, but we figure we'll be able to get out there enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

any suggestions of good places to eat? i know the food is just about amazing everywhere, but everyone has things they love.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I know it can be pricy, but me and my fiance ALWAYS eat at two places within the park. The first is the restaurant near Splash Mountain which I believe is called the Country Bear (we never remember the friggen name). Absolutely great burgers, chicken sandwiches, and sweet potato fries to die for.

The second place is a lot cheaper and we eat there multiple times: PIZZA PLANET! Just great pizza and a cool atmosphere.

I love Disneyland so I'm jealous you're going. Enjoy the vacation!

3. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Hey! Me and the family are headed there in two weeks! We are pretty excited, we fly out on my daughter's eighth birthday and we have it set up so she wont have a clue until we get on the plane. She will think we are going to the airport to vist her uncle who is "on a stopover" and our friend is bringing our luggage in a separate car.

4. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Nice, taking our kids to Disneyworld at the end of March. Already have my five year old signed up for breakfast with the princesses. It will probably blow her mind.

Chuck

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    See if you can slip the operator a 20 to keep the lights on while you ride space mountain. It'll blow your mind.

6. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    The best thing you can do is get express passes...My wife and i went to disneyworld, and that was the best we ever did...because I dont think I could stand in lines for hours...

7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Did you just pull a Gadget Mobile? "I'm gonna disney land!"

Anyways, congrats on going to the most dream-filled world in the universe!

8. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Y'know, part of me wants to troll you to high hell. But y'know what man? Good for you. Enjoy Disneyland, Six Flags, and the rest of your vacation, remember to take lots of photos, and pack some sunscreen. Disneyland has a habbit of giving sunburns and whatnot if you are not properly protected.

Also, you should check out Legoland whilst you are down there. It is a hoot and a half.

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'll love Disneyworld, when I lived in FL we had dinner at the castle, took pictures, and walked on "Main Street".

Make sure if you get a chance go to "Downtown Disney" its free you get to walk around and see the gift shops, they have all fun stuff there to do and take pictures it really neat there.

You'll love it.

10. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

My mother and father in law take the grandkids whenever they turn four. We went two years ago for Gabe and now it is Kaitys turn. I honestly didn't think I would have much fun but had a blast down there. Really looking forward to going again.

Chuck

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Wow, that's cool! I have never been to Disneyland. Not even Euro Disney. Not even Legoland (not related to Disney, but I always wanted to go there too).

Have fun!

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    that is the coolest thing ever! it's just me and my wife on this trip, but i wish i could do something like that for her... it'd be amazing...

yeah? that sounds like it would be pretty cool...

hahaha... we did that last year at Disneyworld, it was pretty rad... we love doing the character meals, they're always great food and a ton of fun... this'll be our 3rd Disney trip since we got together...

yeah, Fast Passes are awesome... and the weather looks kinda crappy while we're out there, so i assume that'll keep some of the parks a little less crowded... Disneyworld was nearly empty last year when we went, i don't think we waited more than an hour for anything...

why?

13. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

I've heard bad things about the mascots...

14. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Ive always thought it would be fun to get into a fight with one so if anything goes down its asskicking time!
    Were bringing her best friend and we have a princess makeover booked for them, then dinner theater in the princess box, they are going to love it. We did the fast passes as well.
    Im going to shut up about it no though, I dont want to hijack lumpy's thread.

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    its cool man, everyone should just share the Disney love!

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Did you win the Superbowl or something?? :D 

Don't do anything Goofy.

Okay, I'm done...have a great time.

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    hahahaha... i'm sure i'll do something Goofy, maybe even a little Dopey... and i did win the Superbowl... I made it from the beginning of the school year until Spring Break, that's the same in my mind...

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:

:lol  You'se know I'se just kidding...I'm sure surviving the quarter in your job is like winning the SuperBowl. Seriously, hope you guys have a great time.. haven't been in years, so can't offer advice..they change so often, it's probably like a whole new place since I've been..late 90's. Yikes. :D 

19. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love Disney get some pics of my favorite ride! The twilight zone tower of terror

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    That's pretty great, hope you guys have a great time!

As for places to eat:
    In the Park: The Blue Bayou is really nice for a romantic dinner. It is set in the Pirates ride and the abidance can't be beat. The dishes are more pricy, so if you need you can always share. You will need reservations so either phone when you get there, or stop in when you get to the park. If you want similar food but slightly cheaper go to cafe Orleans, I highly recommend the GUMBO.
    Be sure to try a corndog and of course, nobody can beat a 3.50 churro!

outside the park:Mimi's cafe. We have been going to DL on the regular since 2006 and Mimi's is our favorite place to eat. There is nothing really special about it, it just has good food and cheap prices, plus it isn't very far from the park, so its a quick diversion. It is location just north on Harbor just past the McDonalds. Also explore the Garden walk mall, across harbor just south. It is filled with great restaurants too. Lastly Downtown Disney has a lot of great places to eat, but for goodness sake, STAY AWAY from the rainforest Cafe, such a trap.

My family and I had seasons passes (even though we live in canada) and took 5 separate trips from july 2010 to july 2011, so we go to know the area pretty well. if you have any questions, PM me!

Have fun!!!!

Oh, if I may suggest going to Knotts berry farm instead of 6 flags. Its closer and still has many great roller coasters, plus there is a lot of history there too.