I'm going to buy Revenge of the Fallen.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Apr 13, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

On Monday, I'm possibly going to buy ROTF on PS3. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the game but also some good. So just wanted to know some details about this game. Some things I should be aware of when buying this game.

I know that the driving controls are bad and that the special abilities could be hard to use but if you can get used to the controls, it is a good robots smashing each other up game. But that's all it is. The story is weak and doesn't keep to the film very well. Also the Multiplayer is said to be addictive but it is hard to find a match.

So, is there anything else I should know? One thing I suspect is the aiming controls look a bit loose and it looks hard to precisely shoot a target. Also, the AI Scouts look like they transform and drive away from danger too much, making them hard to hit. Is any of that correct?

I also would like to know about how long PS3 users have to wait for matches? I've heard a very long time. Are there days when you never find a match? How often do those days happen?

Update: I can't get the game. Read my first post on page two for a short story about it.

New Update: See my first post on page 3.

2. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    This game IS pretty good on PS3. When you buy it, make sure to contact me. I'll teach you who not to mess with on Multiplayer.
    As for waiting times: They vary. I waited about 20 minutes once, and instantly joined a game the other. It's about luck, I guess.

3. soundwaverulls

OK. I'm not very lucky most the time so I'll probably be waiting for half an hour. And when I get it, I'll contact you. I'm sure knowing who's too tough will help a lot. Thanks.:thumbs2: 

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it.....Platinum'd it too. Still need to get around to getting DotM......the G1 skin pack is fun too. Got the 360 version now tho for peanuts.

5. Autobot Stinger

Autobot Stinger Decepticon in Disguise..

I highly recommend this game, it is my favorite TF game. It's not that you will wait a long time to join a match, its just that its most likely going to be like 5-7 matches being played, so you will most likely keep joining the same. I said most likely not for sure. Be sure to get the DLC, 3 maps and 10 new characters for 10$ = Excellent Price with huge content.

6. soundwaverulls

Good to hear. I'll buy the DLC too.

7. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Yeah, the DLC is great. I love playing as G1 Sideswipe. Also, Optimus and Megatron have their boxy G1 designs in the DLC. And G1 Megatron can fly. Just like in G1. Did I mention he's voiced by Welker in the campeign?

8. RamenJunkie

RamenJunkie Lameazoid.com

It is probably better with a controller but I played the PC version and the controls are atrocious. It didn't help that I had just come off of the first movie game, which I enjoyed a lot aside from the stupid difficulty.

9. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    The DLC pack is one of the sexiest packages on Earth - it's seriously one of the best. Each character is well-done and the trailer was kick-ass.

The driving isn't bad at all. When you're in a car you hold down the accelerate button so the concept is better integrated and makes the advanced moves possible.

10. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Its is a good game people just under rated it

11. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I love it. I love it so much that in addition to the PS3 version, I also bought the Xbox version so I could play in the bedroom at night. The game is seriously great fun and I also highly recommend the DLC.

12. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    this.

good choice soundwaverulls :thumb 

13. soundwaverulls

Well, I traveled to another city to get the game today. I forgot to check and see if they still had it in stock. Luckily, they had the game.

A little while later, I decided to read the booklet. I open the case and find War For Cybertrons disk. Luckily again, I'm still in the shopping center and I go back. They find they don't have the right disk so I get my money back.

I go to a different shop but they don't have one in stock but inform me that one of their other shops in another shopping center has one. I travel to there but they tell me it was a recent return and they can't legally sell it for a week after the return and I'll have to come back on Saturday. I have no clue WTF that was about so I assume it was really Bullshit and they just wanted to save it for a friend.

I go to the first shops counterpart in this center and they didn't have it in stock either.

So I guess I'll never play the game.

14. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

That sucks, but you can buy it online you know, just be sure and check it's a safe website you're dealing with.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Why don't you try amazon.com?

16. soundwaverulls

I don't like buying online. I don't live in the USA. Not even the UK. It's hard to get a game online for here.

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i still see it for 30 for pc. so i keep waiting for a sale. that and WFC.

18. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Have you atleast tried using ebay?.

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Why not download it the console? It might be a bit more expensive but its easier I think you can buy it with mircosoft points / PSN points

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Wait.....G1 Sideswipe? I got the DLC which has G1 Starscream/Prime/Megatron/Sunstorm......I didn't realise Sideswipe was available!

EDIT - it's G1 colours Sideswipe....not G1 Sideswipe. Man you had me excited then......