I'm going through depression :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tattedpitbull19, Jan 23, 2010.

1. tattedpitbull19

tattedpitbull19 Zamba the Pit bull

Ebay:
    Yes unfortunatley I find myself going through with depression and i'm only almost 20 years old, it sucks. You might be wondering why and let my just say there are a few reasons.

Reason 1: The Job Situation
    As in all parts of the country jobs are a bitch to get right now but im tired of even managers not knowing when they'll hire i mean they are managers should they not know? Ughhh but yeah thats one little problem.

Reason 2: My Friends
    Not really the biggest problem, but they all have moved far away or they're in prison for stupid things, its gets to me sometime but i guess everyone moves on right? oh well and last but not least and my biggest probz...

Reason 3: It Seems Like I'm Destined to STAY SINGLE
    Yeah here is my BIGGEST problem right here. I try, and i mean I really try to make things work out, but the problem is I am not a slut and i dont put out the second day i know someone. I feel like I am the only woman who is not some slut around here seriously(in my town i mean). I have been in 6 relationships this year and none worked out, they went to some skank they knew they could knock up the day they showed up on thier doorstep, but yeah I'm sick of it, it's draining me and killin me I dunno wtf i should do, seek a counselor maybe? I'm soooo damn depressed though It's not like me to be this way at all Im usually happy and hyper and livin up life to the fullest but now its like its not worth it to live it up if i cant do it with someone else...waht should i do?

p.s. dont worry im not the suicidal type lol im more of the silent rage type that turns up music loud and screams until i cant talk the next day

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Yeah I feel bad for you and I sympathize. But this is gonna get closed. The mods dont like depression.

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Keep your head on straight and stay positive. Everything will work itself out for the best if you do these two things.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Astrotrain.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm hanging out in Haiti right now.

Trust me, things aren't that bad for you.

6. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Well my friend, everyones been down your path one time or another at least I know I have. You just have to sort of step back and take a look at what you HAVE (family,some friends) and realize that some have it worse then you, which I know that sounds rude but it is the truth cause I know I didn't want to hear it at 20yrs. Yeah I know being single sucks, trust me, I've been their for yrs and yrs with on and off GF's so I know what you are talking about but with your case BF's. You just have to find something that you really love and immerse your self in it and when your NOT looking, someone will notice you. I've been 20yrs old so I know what your talking about. Sometimes going to the book store, you can find someone willing to talk to you.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yes yes, the whole "Other people have it worse so you've no right to feel bad" thing.

It..really generally doesn't help to make one feel better to think that other people have it worse, trust me...certainly hasn't helped me at all.

Been fighting bouts with depression for a while lately too, last few months have been pretty rough on me emotionally, and not a lot seems like it'll help.

Just gotta make it one day at a time and...eh, things'll get better eventually.

Least that's what I tell myself.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A lot of men here at TFW complain about being chronically single, too. You might want to try hitting them up.

9. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Agreed. TFW can be like a matchmaking site sometimes :lol 

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Life has a way of working things out and through the years of my 29 years on the planet have gone through similar situations to yours. You have to stay positive, surround yourself with positive people and be able to talk to somebody about it. It helps to be able to vent or even talk instead of holding it all in.

unfortunately due to some situations in the past 2 years all of a sudden brought on anxiety and panic attacks. I now have to take medicine to control it. And believe me, a panic attack is no fun and can all of a sudden be brought upon from depression and can just happen like it did to me.

You are you and you need to live your life the way you need to that makes you happen. Things do not just happen over night. You are only 20, you have many years and opportunities ahead.

11. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I'm also feeling the same way about all those situations. I've been in Edmonton since last year, and I don't have close friends to talk to everyday. I'm 23. Have never had a job since I've turned the legal age in Canada to GET a job. Some of it is motivation. Some of it is the economic situation. But whatever.

The last part... dunno if I can comment on it. I have a relationship, however it's an internet one. Supposedly, she's going to come up north to live with me. Alot of history between me and this girl, and it's not all good. I'm always doubtful of her claims, due to said past history.

Though, in March... it may change... I dunno.

Anyways, yeah... that's my situation. *Sighs*

12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Bach's Rescue Remedy helps. You can find it at any supplement store, organic grocery/co-op, even some pet stores and regular groceries that have an organic/herbal section. A few drops under the tongue can take the edge off or depression and other negative emotions, without any nasty side effects or addiction.

If you're having trouble with crappy boyfriends, why not get out of the market for a while, figure out what kind of guy you REALLY want, and then start going for them rather than creeps who just want to bag you? You've got time.

Not much that can be said about the job part, sadly.

--Moony

13. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    First, remember depression is different from just feeling sad. Are you depressed, or are you just really miserable right now, but til recently you've been okay. Hitting a bad patch, feeling like crap for a while, well, these things are to be expected. If that feeling goes on (and on and on and on...) then yes, you're depressed and you're unlikely to stop feeling that way anytime soon without seeking help.

As for the kind of help you need, I can only speak for myself. Find someone to confide in. If that doesn't work, go for counselling - and stick at it. Don't expect to come away cured after two or three sessions. As a last resort: if everything's still too overwhelming, get some medication. But discuss with your Doctor what you'd take and make have a timetable for coming off the tablets. Repeat: meds are a last resort and aren't a permanent solution.

But we're jumping the gun here. Seems to me you've got two pretty good reasons for feeling like crap: you're unemployed and socially isolated. The good news is that you can start doing something about both those things. (The downside: nobody else can. You're the one who has to climb out of this hole. You can get help, but you're still going to be the one doing most of the work.)

There are some good resources online for improving the look and quality of your resume and job application letters. Keep practicing. (Remember in this economic climate, every boss is overwhelmed by applications; they need to thin the pile to a more manageable size before they even start looking in detail. They'll be looking for reasons NOT to employ you. As an applicant, you have to make sure you don't give them any! Treat it like a game, don't take losing out as a personal reflection on you. It's practice, nothing more.)

Force yourself into situations where you get to meet new people. I say "force" because if you're depressed you won't want to do this. Part of your brain is telling you you're better off just giving up, staying home and shutting the world out. It's lying to you, so ignore it whenever you can.

There'll be false starts and let-downs and some embarrassment and heartache, but you'll make new friends.

As for a boyfriend don't worry about it. It's nice to think that a relationship will make you happy, but it doesn't really work like that. Unhappy people in relationships are generally still unhappy, once the initial excitement wears off. Focus on yourself instead, work out what actually makes you happy and use that as the basis for the changes you want to make to your life.

Long story short:
    - Tell someone
    - Get help
    - Practice your job applications
    - Meet new people
    - Don't sweat the boyfriend stuff

Also, ignore any bonehead who tells you it's your fault, or you should just get over yourself, or your problems are too insignificant.

14. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Hey Tatted!

Am in a somewhat similar boat myself, so I kinda know how you feel. Fingers crossed things do improve for you soon, and that you get back into the swing of things; in the meantime, just hang in there, ok? Am sure everyone here will wish you well, and hope that you come out of this ok.

Sorry about this short little message; never really sure what to say in these instances, apart from offer my support and good wishes...

UJ

15. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Become a lesbian!

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

awesome suggestion.

honestly though, seek help but no depression pills. thst crap just makes it worst.

17. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Exercise, it helps. Apparently it releases all sorts of happy chemicals in the brain. I find it works pretty well too.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:

Wut. If you can't find a job in Alberta I question your willingness to really ask for one.

As for the OP:

You should post a picture of yourself to get a confidence boost. Seriously it does wonders for girls on the site.

19. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Mmmm, Dopamine.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Honestly, I'd suggest leaving the whole relationship issue, and just focus on meeting some new friends. Perhaps you could look up if there's any fellow sci-fi fans locally you can get together with? I've been there with the whole single thing, the best cure by far is to go and have some laughs with friends.

Quite frankly though, anyone who expects to hit a home run on the first date isn't worth bothering with, so you're probably better off without them. You hold on to your standards, you're better than all those other girls. It might be hard now, but I'm sure it'll work out for the best.